“Luxury for us and also for our yellow Lab Jeannie!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Provincetown
Boston
“Luxury for us and also for our yellow Lab Jeannie!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2008

When my husband and I visited Provincetown in the past, I'd always looked longingly at the signs for inns and guest houses as we drove to the edge of town to the somewhat run-down motel that allows us to bring our dog. When we decided to go back to celebrate our anniversary, I wondered whether it was possible to stay at a nice inn and bring our yellow Lab Jeannie. Happily, it was! I found Gabriel's on-line. It promised rooms with lovely decor, fireplaces, private baths with jacuzzis and other luxuries. And, most importantly, pets were welcome! It was everything we'd hoped for. We loved our stay in the Katherine Hepburn room with fireplace, jacuzzi, kitchenette, television, music system, and a dog-bed for Jeannie! Located in the center of town, we were within walking distance of all our favorite restaurants and galleries and there was a park for Jeannie right next door. Breakfasts at Gabriel's were delicious and we enjoyed conversing with the other guests and our warm, lovely hosts, the two Elizabeths, who made everyone feel welcome and at home.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple

302 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
King of Prussia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2007

My wife and I were trying to decide what to do for our 25th wedding anniversary when a co-worker suggested whale watching in Cape Cod. We have been on the East Coast for 3 years now after being transferred to Philadelphia from Chicago but had not yet travelled to the New England area so this was a perfect opportunity. Noting that a few whale watching boats depart from Provincetown, MA I decided to find lodging there and used the internet to search. I couldn’t believe how many choices there were so I waded through the myriad of sites quickly discovering that most were of the bed and breakfast type which is not usually our choice. One website really had me hooked, [--], and it was a “recommended” place to stay according to the Boston Globe article on Gabriel’s home page.
The reality of staying at Gabriel’s far surpasses what the website mentions. Not only does Elizabeth Brooke hold the title of owning the oldest woman owned continuously run inn in the country but she runs one of the finest establishments in the country, period! Late October in Provincetown is beautiful, the town has quieted down from the hectic summer, people are strolling around town and holding hands while the whales are having fun in the Atlantic. It’s truly a unique experience and the Elizabeth’s make your stay very enjoyable. My bride and I even decided to extend our visit an extra day and since it was mid-week, there was room at the inn! We were lucky, though, as there were many guests coming and going throughout our stay, it may be “off-season” in Provincetown but Gabriel’s was still busy and have things planned throughout the winter as well.
Gabriel’s is not your typical bed and breakfast, either. While many B&B’s make you feel like you are invading them, Gabriel’s is not that way. The Great Room is warm and inviting, separated from where the family lives, with a gorgeous fireplace and kitchen (love the late night fresh baked cookies, by-the-way!). The amenities are also just right with books, board games and videos for one to enjoy should you decide to stay indoors. We particularly liked the private balcony off our room that overlooked the beautiful courtyard area as well as the fireplace and Jacuzzi in our suite. Unlike most hotels that charge you for every little thing, I was impressed that everything is included for you to enjoy and the staff was always attentive to your needs without being in-your-face. That seemed to be the prevailing attitude at Gabriel’s, enjoy yourself and relax without worrying about what’s going to be added to the bill! And isn’t that what vacations are all about?
As mentioned, this was the 25th wedding anniversary for my wife, Carol and myself and we plan to return again to this slice of heaven (did I mention that our room was fabulous!). I realized at the start that this was THE place to go when I phoned to make the reservation. I explained that we had never been to Cape Cod and it was a special anniversary, Elizabeth suggested the suite for us and took care of the details. When I set my GPS device to search for Gabriel’s, there was only one and I didn’t even put in the state! And in my opinion there is only one Gabriel’s, we were so impressed with our stay that I had to pen this article to say Thank You Elizabeth’s for everything, we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Doc, King of Prussia, PA

• Liked — It was better than a 5-Star facility. Everything was perfect.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
SOUTH CAROLINA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2007

Gabriel's Inn is fantastic!!! We have never experienced such awesome hospitality like this place offers!!! You would be remiss to NOT stay at Gabriel's Inn while in P'town! This Inn is centrally located, yet remains secluded and private!! Each room at the Inn has a fireplace, jacuzzi for 2, huge shower/steam/massage unit for 2, a luxurious TempurPedic bed, and a cozy kitchenette!! The owners are always readily available, go to any means to accomodate their guests. The Great Room offers up some mouth watering bodacious omelettes made to order, scratch pancakes with walnuts or chocolate chips along with fresh Maple syrup...the hospitality is above all expectations, and the rooms are very well thought out and tastefully decorated. We stayed in the SUSAN...my only regret....we couldn't stay longer!!! The grounds are immaculate and tastefully landscaped....with a gas firepit outside, and a deck for each room at the Inn to enjoy....privately....

• Liked — Hospitality of Owners and seclusion of place, along with service for guests
  • Disliked — Not being able to stay longer!!!
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2007

My first trip to Provicetown,and I couldn't have had a better time. Gabriel's is centrally located, a quiet block away from the busy Commerical Street. The room was fantastic (we stayed in the Willow room). It was spacious, welcoming, and recently re-modeled. Comfortable beds, a cozy fireplace, and a shower more like a car-wash. Home cooked breakfast available every morning. My girlfriend and I were there for 7 days and the same meal wasn't served twice! Even our dog was welcome: she had her own bed, her own bowls, and was catered to by staff and guests alike. The inn-keepers were great. They delt with everything personally and were more than willing to help out with anything that they could. They even called us on the day we were scheduled to check in to make sure that we could find the place without any trouble. I can't wait to go back!!

• Liked — Great Room, centrally located.
  • Disliked — When it was time to go home.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Louisville, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

We came to Provincetown with a group. There were too many of us to stay in one place so I went to the Gabriel's website and thought that "this is the place for me!" I called for reservations and was so pleased to talk to one of the owners! She and I talked for a while and determined that the Olivia suite would be completed in time for our arrival and that we would love it.
She was so right! The suite was large and beautifully decorated. Everything we needed was included.....coffee pot, refrigerator, glassware and china. The bathroom was a work of art with a jacuzzi tub and rainforest shower. The hairdryer was good and there were plenty of soaps and shampoos to choose from. The towels were thick and plentiful.
I had a desk to set up the laptop so I could download the many pictures I took right away. The fireplace was a perfect addition and having coffee on the balcony overlooking the courtyard was a highlight of the day.
I can't say enough good things about the breakfast. Served in the Great Room it was fun to meet other guests and eat a freshly prepared breakfast complete with fresh fruit, juices and eggs prepared my way.
The quiet and peaceful atmosphere was so appreciated after a day of monument climbing, shopping, whale watching and partying. This was no accident. The Elizabeths have obviously worked hard to make their accommodations an escape from the action of Commercial Street and gently remind the traveler to relax and slow down a bit.
I can't wait to return to Gabriel's.

Stayed September 2007
MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2007

From the minute we arrived, we were treated as though we were old friends although it was our first stay. Our room was cozy and comfortable. We made frequent use of the balcony (Quan Yin). We needed peace and quiet and we got what we needed. The bed? What can we say, that was the best weeks sleep we have gotten in a long time (or since for that matter). Breakfast is not your traditional, muffin and donuts and is absolutely delicious. Everyone (all the other guests as well) was so very friendly. The proximity to Commercial Street without actually being ON Commercial Street is a definite plus. We can not wait to come back again.

Stayed July 2007
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2007

We just spent a few nights at Gabriel's At The Ashbrooke Inn and can not say enough about this Inn. Everything was just perfect. Convenient location, close enough to everything but not too close ,for some quiet time. Beautifully decorated rooms
( love the jacuzzi) and common areas including the wonderful garden areas. Hot cooked breakfast in the morning !! What a great thing ! Also have to mention the delicious cookies.
I can not think of one bad thing to say about this fabulous Inn.
The owners have taken great care in trying to see that everything you could possibly need or want is available. I only hope I can return for another visit.

• Liked — Location, friendly & Comfortable accomadations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Provincetown Hotel at Gabriel's? Share your experiences!