“Salt water taffy !” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 24 Shopping in Provincetown
Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a candy retail space that features homemade fudge, taffy, and cookies as well as various penny candies.
Boston, MA
5 attraction reviews
“Salt water taffy !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have visited Cabot's almost every summer of my life. It is a highlight of a visit to the Cape. It is a delightful candy shop with excellent customer service. The draw for me is always the taffy -- for me all other taffies pale in comparison. It is just the right texture, just the right sweetness (although I have quite a sweet tooth) and a wide variety of flavors. It is our tradition for everyone to take a paper bag upon entering the shop and spend about 10 minutes selecting pieces from the array. My favorites are root beer, lemon-lime, cinnamon (spicy!) and the wonderful vanilla. The fruity flavors are all great and there is always something unusual to try. We love when taffy is being made while we're there because it is fun to watch. I can't speak to the fudge because I am so single minded about the taffy. They do also have a selection of other candies -- colorful lollipops, necco wafers, many retro items.

We were advised by a friend to try the shop across the street instead, so we stopped in and each got a free sample. We found it hard to chew and lacking the flavors at Cabots, so we scuttled right back across the street where we belong!

Visited August 2013

Fountain Hills, Arizona
90 attraction reviews
“High expectations from advanced readings; Very disappointed in the fudge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Fudge is supposed to be creamy and smooth. Cabot's was hard and chewy. They provide small samples (2 each) for each visitor. My wife and I both tried two each and didn't like either. We didn't say anything, but they let us try a third. We settled on a turtle fudge, just to get something. At $5.95 per 1/2 lb... it was priced right... but still... we've had much better fudge many, many places and actually like our homemade much better. They were making taffy while we were there and they offered us a sample (just made)... it was a lime taffy.. that was amazingly tart/sour. suppose that's the way it was supposed to be... just not what we like. I'd pass on this place.

Visited June 2013
Dracut, Massachusetts
11 attraction reviews
“Taffy is fresh and made on site!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This candy shop is located right on commercial street and offers candy, fudge, and taffy. There was a man making taffy right when you walked in and offered free samples walking through the door. I didn't try the fudge but the taffy is excellent.

Visited May 2013
Bayside, New York
5 attraction reviews
“Clean and friendly also very unique store and area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Clean and friendly also very unique store and areaClean and friendly also very unique store and areaClean and friendly also very unique store and area

Visited September 2012
MA
20 attraction reviews
“Best fudge in PTown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Always a favorite stop. Fudge is fresh, made daily,and so many choices! Also every imaginable flavor of freshly mad salt water taffy. Lots of other candy choices, but go for the fudge or taffy - you won't be disappointed.

Visited July 2012