“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in the Loft Room and enjoyed every minute. I'm pretty fussy, being a designer, but this place lived up to my hopes and expectations. The bed was huge and fantastically comfortable. The shower room was very well equipped with lots of products, fluffy towels etc. But most of all I loved the simplicity of design, little graphic touches and curiosities on the wall. We found the outside seating areas and planting to be charming. The breakfast menu changes daily and was delicious, (maybe on the sweet side for some, but there were plenty of savoury too). As with most hotels sound travels between the rooms but our neighbours didn't disturb us.

You could not ask for more attentive owners and staff, really helpful and clearly enjoying themselves. Thanks Nicky for being so attentive. Would I go back? In a heart beat but I'm going to try Kevin and David's new hotel opening next year because they are going to try and better this one, tough job!

Room Tip: The loft room for space and privacy.
Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
I am enthralled to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay in The Loft! I am glad that you enjoyed the complimentary C.O. Bigelow bath products (aren't they fabulous?!) and our inn's design and aesthetic. Our breakfast menu changes daily, and has a balance of both savory and sweet treats with a focus on sustainable, fresh, and local ingredients - I enjoy eating my breakfast on the outside terrace as well! We appreciate your commendations on our staff and will pass along your kind words. We are looking forward to hosting you again here at Salt House Inn - or at our new hotel next year!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

This is second year I have stayed @ the Salt House and it is indicative of my love for this place that I have booked for a third time in 2015. For me, the customer focus is exemplary. Kevin and his super team run a very tight ship. The rooms are minimalist, spotless and have air con, fridge and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. If you want ostentation and indifferent service look elsewhere. The location is just a block away from the main drag and there is ample provision for parking. The breakfasts are simply amazing, the best I have ever had whilst travelling. Kevin and his team put tremendous effort into the daily offerings, there is literally something for all tastes, appetites and girths. Rest assured you will not go hungry. Kevin and David are opening another Hotel in P'town and I am positive it will be equally as successful as the Salt House-deservedly so. They undoubtably have the Midas touch and you would be foolish to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2014
Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
We appreciate your kind words and loyalty to Salt House Inn! Thank you for recognizing the strong emphasis we put on providing quality and exemplary customer service. Our entire staff truly care about providing each guest with a pleasant and memorable experience that is surpasses their expectations. I completely agree with you on the beds - our custom-made mattresses are incredibly comfortable! It means the world to us to have guests return to visit the inn again, and we are sincerely looking forward to hosting you again in 2015.
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I read what I now view as an over-inflated puff piece from Boston Spirit magazine that described the "luxury" property that the two co-owners transformed from previous owners last year. Upon arrival you face a open rock pit of a parking area surrounded by overgrown gardens that don't seem to have been cared for as no pruning or weeding is evident. There are no sign directing you to where you should check in. Once you figure it out, obtain your room keys and view your room, you notice that you are in a small room and bath (for 2 people) that is just painted white with few furnishings. The wooden floors that replaced the carpet in the hallway make for sleeping impossible at night because of the guests returning at all hours of the evening and morning, opening a creaking loud door and walking the wooden floors (there is a reason why hotels rarely use wooden floors in hallways!!). The common balcony for all to use has ample places to sit, read and soak in the sun but the place is in need of updating from the paint peeling on the stair rails to the over-weathered shingles. From the outside, it looks run down and then combine it with the overgrown gardens, the hotel looked shabby to me and my partner. The only plus is the breakfast which is all homemade, changes daily and is staffed by very nice Jamaican women. Would I stay here again? No.

Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience, Marco. We are deeply disappointed to hear that our newly renovated property did not meet your personal design and aesthetic tastes. We worked very hard to attend to every detail to make Salt House Inn a destination that redefines the bed and breakfast experience here in Provincetown, and to give our guests an authentic taste of life on Cape Cod.

Our building dates to the mid 19th century and - like most of the inns in town - was not originally built as a hotel and therefore has some quirks. While our corridors do have runners down them to help reduce disruption, there is still some ambient noise. I am sorry that you didn't bring your concerns regarding this to our attention during your stay so we could have tried to address them. Our gardens are planted with local, water conscious wild flowers that help us protect our very scarce natural resource of fresh water here on the Outer Cape. The weathered shingles are original to the inn and are in fact tightly regulated by the Provincetown Historic District Commission (ensures that every building in town retains the historic charm and local architectural heritage for visitors to enjoy year after year).

I am glad you enjoyed our freshly prepared, daily changing breakfasts and our friendly staff each morning. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back at some point in the future and if you contact me directly I will ensure you have a more pleasant and memorable stay.
Milton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

This tiny inn is 2 blocks from Commercial St. The rooms are small, but great quality and super clean. Attention is paid to great customer service and every experiential detail. The breakfast was outstanding!
The only thing left desired was a strong cup of coffee.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you for your kind words and invaluable feedback, VHowland. Our 15-room inn is the perfect size to allow us to tailor every personal detail of each guest's experience to ensure that you have an enjoyable and memorable stay. For example, it would have been our pleasure to make you a personal cup of extra-extra-strength coffee each morning in our french press - please let me know the dates of your next visit so that I can arrange this for you. We aim to exceed your expectations, and I am glad you enjoyed our hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
New London, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My fiance and I spent the weekend at Salt House Inn and we really enjoyed ourselves. Breakfasts were made every morning (and so yummy and healthy!) and we absolutely loved Kevin! He was extremely accommodating, friendly and helpfull, as was the rest of the staff. Rooms were very clean and chic ;-) Look forward to staying there again.

Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Melissa, I am thrilled that our inn served as an enjoyable getaway weekend for you and your fiancé. We pride ourselves on providing a breakfast that offers both sweet and savory treats with many healthy options - I hope you had a chance to enjoy some of our house-made granolas with our yogurt parfait-of-the-day! We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

Everything about our stay at the Salt House Inn was great. We stayed for two nights (a Saturday and Sunday) at the end of a weeklong road-trip. The Salt House Inn was definitely my favourite accommodation along our journey and was the perfect ending to our vacation. Everyone was so lovely and helpful - Julia, Barbara, Kevin, and David were all great. The decor is so charming and is full of perfect little details. The location is minutes away from the main strip, but still feels like you're hidden away. Just a perfect experience!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
I am so thrilled to hear that your stay at Salt House Inn was the favorite of your trip! Thank you for your thoughtful and kind review - our staff work hard to provide guests with a perfect experience, and we love to hear that we are successful in these efforts. We hope to have the opportunity to host you again soon!
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Spent three nights at the Salt House Inn and enjoyed the hospitality. Kevin is charming and quick to offer suggestions about things to do and places to go. Breakfast each morning was delicious, with a menu that changes each day, which makes it special. While the inn is across Bradford St., it's a quick block and a quarter walk to Commercial St. Rooms look cozy (mine was, and it was one of the larger options). The bath was roomy. The design of the rooms and common space is what really allows the inn to stand out. Definitely worth a visit. I hope to return soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Julia H, Manager at Salt House Inn, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you for your recent visit to Provincetown and for your kind review! As you mentioned, our location is perfect for a quick walk down to Commercial Street, but just far enough away from the noise/hustle and bustle of town that our guests are able to enjoy a relaxing and peaceful stay - the best of both worlds! We look forward to seeing you again soon too, David.

Been to Salt House Inn? Share your experiences!