“Perfect in Every Way !” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Perfect in Every Way !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

From the moment I arrived I knew this place was special !- Such a warm welcome from one of the owners David and I was taken to the most superbly decorated room. Spotlessly clean( thank you Marcia !) and so simply, yet beautifully designed - I felt instantly like I was on vacation. Every detail in the room is beautiful from the collection of vintage pewter plates above the bed to the cleverly designed bathroom, the super comfortable bed, and Bigelow bath products. My room was on the upstairs balcony where I spent several hours lounging on the antique brass bed in the sun.
Another very special part of our stay at the Inn was the breakfast...The food each morning was incredible with a selection of fresh home made baked items, fresh fruits and great coffee. I learnt that Kevin, the other owner, bakes everything and he is truly talented. Breakfast is great not only for the fresh and creative menu, but also for the wonderful atmosphere created by David and Kevin - Breakfast feels like hanging out with friends, discussing local spots and enjoying some laughs with the very friendly owners and other guests. The breakfast room, like the bedrooms is absolutely gorgeous! ( it also spills out into the courtyard which is so pretty). We had such an incredible stay and would like to thank David and Kevin for their warm hospitality and genuine care. Already looking forward to seeing you next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
attleboro, ma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating my 50th birthday and despite a cool, soggy two days we had a wonderful get away to the Salt House Inn! The Inn is simple yet elegant and decorated superbly and is picture perfect! Although we were not able to enjoy the outside grounds they are meticulously maintained and very inviting with seating under a shaded pergola. The Inn also provides parking for guests, which is a huge plus in busy P-Town. No need to try to find parking downtown as the Inn is located within walking distance of all the downtown shops, restaurants and nightlife.

The room we stayed in was very cozy and comfortable and done up in all white with a cottage feel, very clean and crisp. The bed was so comfortable and the room has an ac unit which was one of the most quiet ac units, a large flat screen TV mounted on the wall and also a mini fridge. The bathroom was spacious and beautifully decorated. The bathroom had a huge walk in shower and the complimentary bath products were delightful!

I sent an email request to Kevin for a gluten free breakfast and he did not disappoint! I had so many delicious options and sampled all of the breakfast offerings. Every breakfast item was delicious and made from scratch by Kevin himself. I cannot believe how delicious and plentiful the breakfast was. It was one of the best breakfasts that I have ever had at an Inn!. The breakfast menu was cleverly posted on a chalkboard wall with the temperature for the day and tides listed too.

After returning from dinner and going to our room to get changed to go out to a show I was very surprised and pleased to see that the Inn Owners left me a gift for my 50th birthday to remember them by. It was so thoughtful and a really nice touch.

Kevin the owner of the inn was extremely personable and very helpful with suggestions on dining and nightlife. Everything is covered at the Salt House Inn, they did not leave out a single detail. We will definitely come back and stay at the Salt House Inn and recommend it to our friends and family. We can't say enough about this hidden gem and the wonderful gracious staff!!!

Thank you Kevin and staff of the Salt House Inn for helping make my 50th Celebration memorable and our stay 5 star!!!! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong with any of the room choices
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Very confortable room with contemporary decor. The location is great- easy walking distance from downtown but situated in quiet , leafy area. The breakfast items are also very scrumptuous! Kevin, the Inn keeper, was very helpful and friendly and even gave us a drive to the ferry after we checked out.We will definitely book there again!

• Stayed July 2013
Paulsboro, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Nestled among the many inns and guesthouses on Conwell St., is a row of leafy green hedges with a simple black sign marked, "Salt House Inn". Minimalist describes the Salt House Inn, but in the best possible way!
From the moment I walked in the door, Kevin, the co-host, made me feel instantly welcome. The town is brimming with places to eat, drink and things to do, which can be overwhelming for a first time visitor. But I was given a custom, glossy pamphlet with recommendations on how to get the best out of my stay in Provincetown and all of them were spot on.
The lobby is not a lobby, but a welcoming oasis where a full, complimentary breakfast, cooked by the host, is served every morning. I'm not talking bacon and eggs, either. The delicious confections like baked blueberry French Toast and pastries will make you reconsider thoughts of going anyplace else for breakfast. The downstairs patio, surrounded by a lush garden is perfect for enjoying this. The upstairs deck also has comfy chairs fit for relaxing with a cup of coffee or chatting with other guests while enjoying the Cape Cod breeze.
The rooms are superb if your taste is clean and minimalist. Your key only opens a door to a hall with a few rooms. I shared an entrance with only two other rooms.
Crisp and white. From the linens to the towels, there is a feeling of freshness that I have never experienced at any other inn. The beds are cool and comforting. The bathroom is spacious, with a large stand up shower. The rooms are topped off with remote control A/C units, flat screen TVs with cable, free wifi and mini refrigerators. My room was considered a "Superior Double", but I think it could fit two guests cozily.
The inn has onsite parking, which is great because you will most likely never use your car. A walk of two short blocks will lead you to Commercial St., the bustling downtown area full of unique eateries, shops and galleries.
I stayed three nights at the Salt House and my only regret is that I didn't stay the entire week. Thank you, Kevin and David for your overwhelming hospitality. I will be back next year!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed for five nights over a busy P'Town party weekend, and the Salt House Inn provided a stlish and comfortable retreat from the hustle and bustle of P'Town, but was only a few minutes walk to the heart of the town!
Our hosts, Kevin and David, were charming and helpful and eager to help us get the most out of our P'Town experience. There expert local knowledge was a great help, as was them being able to get us reservations in a popular local restaurant!
The location, as mentioned, is perfect - only a few minutes from the centre but the short walk meant it felt quiet and relaxing.
Breakfast was a different experience every morning, with Kevin treating us to new amazing treats every morning.
The room was simple, elegant and stylish - as were the common areas around the Inn. Everywhere was spotlessly clean at all times.
This place is a must for any visitor to the Cape or P'Town - we will definitely be returning again soon!

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

The inn itself was so perfect. It felt away from the business of PTown - being quiet, relaxing, serene, but it was only a 3 minute walk to anything you could want. The rooms and grounds were so clean and well-kept. When we walked in our room you could even smell how clean it was. The rooms and common areas are decorated so wonderfully that I found myself taking pictures so I could copy it in my own home. Besides the place itself being wonderful, the men that run the inn are positively the most charming and sweetest hosts you could ask for. They go out of their way to make sure you're comfortable and happy. They actually greeted us in the driveway when we got there and let us check in early. The day we left, they held our bags for us after we checked out so we could go enjoy the day without being weighed down. On top of all of this, the breakfast in the morning was SO GOOD. They write what all of the goodies are on a chalkboard and, of course, my husband and I had to try them all. Every single bit was delicious, unique, and left us stuffed. It was a perfect weekend and I'll definitely be back.

Room Tip: We probably had one of the smallest rooms available, and it was still lovely.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Salt House Inn, and we only stayed ONE night! Our road trip consisted of a one night stay in Provincetown and then the rest of our days were spent in Boston.

The location is convenient, very near the center of town where the hustle and bustle is. The rooms and overall decor of the premises was just so picturesque, cute, and romantic. The atmosphere of where you stay on vacation is a huge factor.

Breakfast is AMAAAAAZINGGGG. Kevin does it all and he really does an amazing job with breakfast. This place is a MUST GO if you're visiting Cape Cod. I would definitely recommend the Salt House Inn to anyone who's looking for a place to stay on Provincetown

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Salt House Inn? Share your experiences!