“Same time next year” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston
“Same time next year”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

I stayed at several places in P'town and then discovered the Somerset 4 years ago and it's been nothing but the Somerset since. One week every summer and I wouldn't stay any place else. It's the people. Not just Dan and Bob (& Sarah & Brody & Petar & Lubo) but the guests who stay there year after year make it such a fun place. Leisurely breakfasts together in the morning and cocktail hour on the porch every day watching the crowds walk by is great!

• Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Barnstable
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

My husband and I love the Somerset House Inn, Bob, Dan, Brody & Staff and have been there 3 years in a row. The rooms are roomy, clean, and the decor is very eclectic. Forgot your toiletries, don't worry each bathrom is very nicely stacked with wonderful toiletries. Each room has a refrig with complimentory water and soft drinks. Breakfast, & cocktail social hour is very nicely done - plenty of food & drinks. We love their location and considering it's 2 mins away from everything it is very quiet. This is a lovely inn, with lovely owners. Thanks Bob & Dan for making our stay special.

• Liked — rooms/Owners
  • Disliked — Stairs
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Columbus
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

I spent several weeks researching different B&B's for our trip this summer and came upon the Sommerset Inn. It looked nice and seemed to have a good feel. Looking at the pictures on the web page does not do it justice, in the pictures some of the rooms look dark and cold.But let me tell you they are warm and inviting.

I talked to my partner about the Sommerset Inn and he emailed them and made reservations. We were very excited as the time got closer and closer to the date of our arrival. Then about 3 months before our trip the airline that we were flying on went belly up and we had to reschedule our flights. Then we got and e mail from the Inn asking us if we would change our room for an elderly guest. I was very excited about the room that I picked but checked out the other room that they offered instead. It looked nice but I wan't sure about the size and the color. I thought that with the airline going under and the Inn asking us to change rooms that the trip was already going to be a disaster. We went ahead and changed the room to help them accomadate the elderly guest. We figured out that it would be good karma for us. Seeing that we had already had two things happen before we even left for Ptown.

Well good Karma it was! The room that we got was on the second floor. It was right at the top of the steps. I thought that it would be a noisy room seeing its location. Well it was sooooo quiet you could not hear a sound coming from anyone that came up the steps..you could not even hear a peep from the common area that was down stairs either. The color of the room was dark but the room felt large and Inviting. The bathroom was large and very clean I loved the shower and the vanity was large. Infact the vanity is the same one that we have at home! The rest of the room was fantastic, the bed was comfortable, and there was a nice sized sofa in the room. The room had an Ironing board and iron in it which is a huge thing for me (i hate wrinkles). The service was fantastic they made the bed and cleaned the room daily!! I was sooo glad that we made the change of the room. I really liked the room and felt right at home in it. While inspecting the room I had found on the night stand a wonderful gift that Bob and Dan had left for us for changing rooms. What a fantastic supprise!

The breakfast was wonderful! Every morning there would be a hot item and let me tell you, I loved everything that they made. I can be a picky eater when it comes to breakfast foods, and I ate my fair share. There was pleanty of items to choose from,diffrent types of juices, hot coffee and teas, cereals, yogurts toast and muffins. Something for everyone.

In the evening they had the cocktail hour which they served local wine and all types of beer domestic and imported so there was something for everyone (and if you dont drink beer or wine there is a liquor store down the street). The cocktail hour and breakfast is a great time to meet some of the other guest. We actually met the woman who we switch rooms for and she was wonderful she was in her late 80's and had been going to the Inn for years. She was very delightful and FUN we even met her and her son out at one of the piano bars later one evening.

All I can say about the Sommerset Inn is that we will be going back and staying there for all of our trips to Ptown. We really enjoyed the Hosts Bob and Dan who were just delightful.
If you ever get the chance to stay at the Sommerset Inn please do you will love every minute of it! It also brings good Karma we had the best trip to Ptown this year!

• Liked — the hosts and location
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

We loved our stay in this Inn. The folks managing this place were very friendly, courtious and dedicated to our well-being.
We reserved a nice room with a fireplace, which made a whole difference in the cold autumn! We bought a small bottle of champagne in a store in town, and put it in the fridge (which was in the room) and went for a walk. In the evening, when we came back in the room, we found 2 clean flutes (champagne glasses) next to the fridge. we were just marveled by their care for us.

The house itself is conveniently located in the heart of the town. Once we parked our car, we did not need to use it until we hit back home.

To all the new lovers out there, take your significant other to the Somerset House Inn. It's a sure thing!

• Liked — The service
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2008

If you are looking for a great place to spend your labor day weekend or any weekend for that matter, then you must stay at the Somerset House Inn in Provincetown, Mass. This was my fourth year in a row staying at the inn and I think it was the best so far. Bob and Dan are the perfect hosts and make you feel right at home. The group I go with have such a good time, we immediately book for next years return. Great breakfast, cocktails in the evening and of course the Miss Somerset contest over labor day weekend are a perfect end to the summer. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with friends
dmordini
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2008

Wow, what a great place. Rooms are great, clean and the bathrooms have L'occitane products . My room had an amazing view of the harbor. Breakfast is homemade and filling and they even had a cocktail hour with snacks. The staff is friendly and will give you accurate reviews of the nearby restaurants.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — That I had to leave
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Harrisburg, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2008

This is our Eight straight year staying at the Somerset House Inn in Provincetown, MA. We travel here every July for a week with friends and have the best time at the Inn. The owners - Bob and Dan are wonderful and treat us like their family. Our gang increases every year, as we meet new friends and they come back each year to spend a memorible week in lovely P-town. If you want lovely accomadations and a friendly atmosphere, then the Somerset House Inn should be your choice. We miss P-town already and love you guys.. Darryl and Lynn from PA.....

• Liked — Clean, friendly, great breakfast, wine in the afternoon and Bob and Dan the owers
  • Disliked — This was the perfect trip...
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Somerset House Inn? Share your experiences!