“A Must-Stop-Shop in Provincetown” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 121 Restaurants in Provincetown
Cuisines: American, Bakery, Dessert
Arlington, VA
“A Must-Stop-Shop in Provincetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012 via mobile

You really haven't experienced the pleasures of Provincetown if you haven't had a sandwich or pastry @ Connie's. From her mini peach-blueberry crostata to her mini chocolate mud pie I have yet to be disappointed. And her '1/2 off 'bin is not to be bypassed either. Every time I'm in town I see something different in her eatery - this time it was quiche slices and mini savory spinach or pulled pork pies and apple bread pudding. Oy! Enjoy.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

NJ
“Doesn't honor quotes and health concerns”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I ordered a cake for my wedding 2 1/2 months early. After going over options for the cake, flavors, fillings and icing, I was quoted a price of $135 plus a $15 plate charge for their serving plate. On the day before my wedding, I went to pay for the cake and was told that the price was now $225 and that whoever it was that gave me a price was wrong. I was also told that since I wanted fresh strawberries in the cake, there was a greater price. When cut, this cake had NO strawberries. I spoke with the owner. I was ALSO told the plate charge was now $20. When I questioned these prices, I was told I "didn't have to take the cake" if I didn't want to pay this now pumped up price. Needless to say, we paid more since the wedding was less than 24 hours away.

On a more serious and dangerous note, our cake was delivered on a decorative platter clearly stamped "not for use with food for consumption". The reason is this platter was made in China of lead based plastic and painted with lead based paint. The paint had deep cuts in it and the paint was flaked. This total disregard for my guests health and well being is unforgivable.

After bringing these issues to the owners attention, she told me sorry, but she is only a small business and if I didn't like it that was too bad.

Save your money and go somewhere your business will be appreciated.

Visited August 2011
Mount Vernon, Maine
“Just Scrumptious, Impossible to Resist”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2010

Connie's bakes some of the best stuff on earth. During a recent week-long stay in Provincetown, we bought the coconut cake, the carrot cake and the key lime pie. All were delectable.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere