“What a disappointment!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: it is our philosophy and mission at dalla cucina to execute a seasonal, farm-to-table traditional italian menu served by a courteous, knowledgeable, professional staff that will enhance the dining experience for new and returning patrons.
West Hartford, Connecticut
“What a disappointment!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

For the last several years we've always eaten at Della Cucina and the food was very good until this summer. It was the worst meal we had the entire time, it was disorganized, and it almost felt as though there was no chief but staff doing the cooking. The big mistake was firing the wonderful chief who has moved on. Where he now cooks is absolutely spectacular and far exceeds anything Della Cucina ever allowed him to produce.
It's doubtful we'll ever go back to this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
dallacucina, Owner at Dalla Cucina, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
i presume when you refer to a "chief" doing the cooking you really mean CHEF. there is assuredly a competent chef in the dalla cucina kitchen cooking each and every night of dinner service. and to clear up your completely incorrect assumption or mistaken knowledge, the previous chef at dalla cucina was NEVER fired. he made a personal decision to move on and begin a solo venture. while employed at dalla cucina he was always given a free hand to produce and cook what he wanted.

dalla cucina has had another successful season and as always wish the former chef the same.

Philadelphia
“Eat here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

OMG - so delish. LOVED my meal here. Homemade gnocci. Service was impectable. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. Just so relaxing to be sitting outdoors and enjoying the scenery.

Boston, Massachusetts
“A good meal at Dalla Cucina”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The calamari was, hands down, the highlight of the evening.

Caprese salad - mediocre. I should have read the fine print. Didn't love the sundried tomatoes. My partner enjoyed it though.

He had the ravioli and loved his entree. I tasted it and agreed - delicious.

I had the rib eye. It was fine. Loads of onion rings/strings and heaps of potatoes. Kind of cheesecake factory portions ... the steak itself was a bit too chargrilled for my liking but once I got beyond the edges of it, the center cut was quite tasty, especially with the homemade steak sauce.

The first round of cocktails (cosmos) were perfect. The second round wasn't great.

Sat in back of restaurant - he faced the crowd, I faced the kitchen doors. And there was a table next to us with two kinds under the age of 10 who enjoyed using the table as a drum set.

Still, however, I would go back there without hesitation. I've been there before and loved it and know others who have had great experiences and food. I would try a few different things on the menu and sit in a different spot.

West Vancouver, Canada
“Great food and wonderful staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We were graciously accommodated at the bar for dinner during the busy Labor Day long weekend and were we glad we stopped by. Our bartender/server Greg was amazing and his recommendations for wine, appetizers, pasta, and mains were spot on. The quality and presentation of the food was fantastic. Thanks again Greg for a wonderful evening.
Glenn and Jay

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Glastonbury, Connecticut
“Finally...a winner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After a couple of disastrous dinners at "must-visit" restaurants we tried this one at trusted friend's recommendation. He got it right and we almost would have missed it. Its charming ambiance isn't P-town specific: no water views from the dining room. But in every other way it did not disappoint. Welcoming maitre d', attentive but not in-your-face service from our server (Nucu, I think was his name. A handsome young Romanian fellow.). We both started with basic salads, a Caesar for me and Caprese for my companion. Nothing fancy, just well presented and portions that I call "just enough." Companion had a seafood pasta with clams...just the right amount of sauce, good and not over-bearing flavors. I had homemade meat ravioli, cooked just right. Prices are competitive with other high-end establishments in town, but the quality is way superior.