“Never Alone at The Ranch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crew's Quarters

You added Crew's Quarters to your Saves list
Crew's Quarters
2.0 of 5 Guest house   |   198 Commercial St., Provincetown, MA (Formerly The Ranch)   |
Ranked #44 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“Never Alone at The Ranch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

This was my second time there and I agree with the previous reviewer. The Ranch is a place in my eyes where your made to feel at home. From the minute you enter until you leave, Mark and Dallas make sure you feel comfortable.

Being shy I thought I would be locked in my room for the weekend, wrong, the men checked in already were great, strangers turned into friends.

If you want a place in Ptown that has location, a midwest theme, friendliness and most of all comfort choose the Ranch. You're not a guest, you become family.

I have decided that the Ranch will be my only choice when I am in Ptown. Many more trips to come soon. Keep up the great work Mark and Dallas, BBQ time soon :)

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Waterford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

Just spent the weekend at the Ranch and I made friends for life. Never been on a place like this before so I was nervous when I checked in (to the point that if I didn't like it I was going somewhere else). Mark (the manager) checked me in right away and made me feel "at home" in no time. Guests in the living room introduced themselves and made me feel like I knew them for years and years. After that, it only got better. Very friendly crowd, learned not to judge the book by its cover and, I will recommend it to anyone who likes to feel at home when away from home. Now, let me say something about the bed bugs answering some of these reviews: last year, for some reason, even the best hotels and stores in the city (NY) were having that problem. I understand the Ranch had it but I can assure you they no longer have it. They have a program where a dog comes in (once a month)and sniffs them and so far....nothing. The all place was closed and heated to 160 degrees (yes, heat kills the bugs). It was clean, simple and efficient.The location is magnificent -- close to everything on the main street.
I thank everybody who made my weekend special and gave me the memories they did and for SURE I WILL BE BACK!!!. Mark, thank you for making me feel at home and know you have a friend for life in me. Dallas, you are the best looking maid I ever met : )
Thank you everybody.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
TrailHeader, Owner at Crew's Quarters, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
We're delighted that you had a great stay at the Ranch. It is true that we have fewer frills than some other accommodations in Ptown but thank you for noting that we make up for that in friendliness and camaraderie and much more reasonable prices, too. Staying at the Ranch almost always guarantees you’ll leave with new friendships. And yes, thank goodness, that other problem you mention has been cleared up and we’ll continue using the sniffer dogs to make sure it never returns.
Hyannis, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

The Ranch is a friendly, relaxed and casual guest house in the center of Provincetown.
The clientele which is all male makes for a comfortable and fun atmosphere.
The Manager "Mark" and his "Ranch Hands" are truly accomedating. The would go out of their way to satisfy.
The inn itself has a rustic yet clean and comfortable style. I can be myself there and truly let loose. If your single or a couple and like to meet other men, this place truly has a lot of bang for the buck...

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

Staying at the Ranch for Holly Folly was a great time and I look forward to doing it again next year. The tree decoration party, Yankee Swap and Turkey Dinner were excellent. This was a time for new and old friends to get together, laugh, joke have fun, and then go out dancing. The Ranch staff did a great job preparing for the weekend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

I have stayed all over ptown over the years, east end to west end. You see people come and go, but you never talk to them. You try to have a good time, but are stifled by the staff. Not at The Ranch. I've made some great friends there and the staff is always the best part. I just stayed for Holly-Folly and they had a party for the guests. We had a real Christmas dinner together and did a Yankee Swap. Most of us went together to see the Gay Mens Chorus after. The hospitality and friendship's made make it the only place I will ever stay at.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I really had a nice time at the Ranch. I was on a business trip and after I booked a night at the Ranch. I was very happy with my stay there..... Very Very accomodating, price was right, bars were fun, people are nice...... I will return again in the summer time.......

With that said, I say thank you to The Ranch............ ( :

Robert 'Nuddie' Miller

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010

The Ranch is not your average guesthouse. It caters toward a fun and open minded traveler. Bathrooms are shared but are on every floor. Rooms have comfortable beds and a little extra room. Open common area on first floor has tv, bar and couch where many guests gather. Guests tend to party throughout the house for a fun friendly environment. I stayed for Holloween and there was a great party involving guests and locals with lots of good times for all.
Responding to other reviews: 1. there were no bed bugs anywhere; every room was full and no one complained of bugs. 2. Don't go there if you are close minded or high maintenance!
The Ranch is akin to staying at a European hostel. Great Value, friendly people but no frills. Would stay here each time I come to Ptown.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo

Been to Crew's Quarters? Share your experiences!