“Great space. Good location” 4 of 5 stars

Moffett House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   296A Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #32 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Brooklyn, New York
“Great space. Good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

Had a nice time staying at Moffett House last year. The rooms were cute. The care takers kept the place clean regularly. They have a kitchen incase you wanted to cook. They have Bikes that comes with renting the space. A little backyard for BBQ outside when the weather is nice. Had a nice time.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This was my 1st stay in the downtown area and Moffett House was perfect. I will definitely return. It was so warm and comfortable, with a very kind and friendly host as were the other guests who I passed briefly in the hall/kitchen. My room was very clean and had all the amenities and more that I would expect. Was nice to see the stack of dvd's available for guests to watch, tho I stuck with the cable tv in the room, which was great. Also worth mentioning is that the kitchen area was supplied with an array of glasses, dishes and mugs for tea and coffee. Kris was very welcoming, in the midst of March, I had a great time here.

Room Tip: I had the room on the first floor with bathroom attached and a double bed. Really nice, and more t...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

When I first started coming to Ptown some time in the late-90s, I quickly, and fortunately, discovered the Moffett House. Since then, I've stayed nowhere else when I visit. For the location, amenities, friendliness, and value, it's really hard to beat the Moffett House.

Several years ago, I started introducing some NYC friends to Ptown and the Moffett House. They loved it, and we come out every summer in June, practically booking the house. This year will mark our 4-year anniversary of coming out to stay at the Moffett House and we can't wait for our next stay.

Here are some of the perks:

GREAT LOCATION. Located down a short footpath off Commercial Street, you get away from the hustle and bustle of the street itself, but you're still right in the middle of all the action, mere steps away from the Lobster Pot and MacMillan Pier. Super convenient if you're coming in from the ferry.

SIMPLE, CLEAN, COZY ACCOMMODATIONS: The rooms are simple, but very cozy and homey. This isn't a luxury accommodation, so don't expect hot tubs and heated towel holders! It has a beach house feel to it, with modern flair. I stay in the smallest room to save money and I've always been very happy with it. It's a historic house, with real wooden beams and floors and a great rustic feel, but the owners have really added some nice modern touches, like flat screen TVs in all rooms, mini fridges, skylights, and sinks in rooms that share baths. There are several rooms with full baths too, if you don't want to share a bathroom, but I've NEVER had a problem with sharing a bathroom at the Moffett House.

KITCHEN, BBQ, SHARED OUTDOOR AREA: The house kitchen is large and available for all to use. As is the grill and outdoor shared areas, with tables and chairs. We cook when we visit. Last time, we had a cookout and used the grill. This is a great, intimate alternative to the pricey restaurants. Also, there's an outdoor cedar shower for freshening up after a day at the beach.

FREE USE OF BIKES: Everyone who stays at the house gets a bike. That's right. Everyone gets their own bike to use around town and on the bike paths. For no additional cost. The savings and convenience here are huge. I can't emphasize enough how often we have used the bikes and how much money that saves us! The bikes are right out front and the moment you get there you get a bike key. There you go. It's that simple.

CONVENIENT PARKING AT A REASONABLE PRICE: If you're driving into Ptown, no problem. The Moffett House offers parking right next to the property at a very reasonable price.

REASONABLE RATES: For all this, you really won't find the value you get with Moffett House anywhere else. I challenge anyone to try and find it. Stay in the lovely, uncrowded off-season and save even more.

LAST, BUT NOT LEAST, THE GREAT STAFF: Everyone at the house is super friendly. There's always someone available to help out with whatever the issue. Russ is amazing. I've been booking with Russ for years and he always gets right back to me, often with a great to deal for me and my friends. Thanks Russ!!

Like the title says, I've been coming here for 15 years, and for all I listed above, it would be really hard to beat finding anything that comes close to the Moffett House in the heart of lovely Ptown. Looking forward to the next 15 years!

Room Tip: I like the rooms upstairs, at the front of the house. They're very sunny and cozy, and you get t...
Cresskill, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

I try to get away to Provincetown at least once a year with a group of my friends and we always stay at the Moffett House! The house is always clean and very well stocked, the staff always friendly and very knowledgeable about all the events going on in town and in the surrounding area! The rooms are very comfortable, not to mention affordable! As much as love visiting Ptown, it can be a bit expensive and if you are on a budget, like I am, the Moffett House's rates definitely make it an affordable trip! It's right in the center of town yet just off Commercial Street so you always seconds away from being in the center of everything! I also love that there are more than enough bicycles for everyone in the house and the fantastic view of the Monument while sitting in the garden. If you are planning a trip to Ptown, DEFINITELY check this place out!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

After my first visit to Moffett house I selfishly decided to keep this delightful and reasonably priced hidden gem a secret.
But now after my second wonderful stay I feel I owe it to the wonderful folks at the Moffett house and visitors to Ptown to share my experience.
For a town that is becoming more and more expensive each year, the rates here are excellent. Additionally it is in a prime location and a short walk from all the action in town but yet secluded enough to give one the peace and quiet that one craves on vacation.
The owners and staff could not be warmer or more accommodating. The property, including the charming garden and living room is very tasteful and sweet as are the guest rooms, which remind me of my stays in the English country side.
Add to that the complementary breakfast and free use of a bicycle during ones stay and now you see why I was keeping this place all to myself.’

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My friends and I make it a point to visit Provincetown at least once a year, usually in June, and we always choose to stay at the Moffett House. It's casual and comfortable, and the staff is always friendly. And we always feel like we get a lot of bang for the buck. The rooms are cozy, and the place really does feel more like a home than an impersonal hotel. The best thing about Moffett House, though, is its ideal location. It's right smack in the middle of all the action, without being right on top of it. It's set back from the hustle and bustle (and noise) of Commercial Street, but you can literally be at the world-famous Portuguese bakery eating a malasada (a fried-dough piece of heavenly confection) in 30 seconds flat. In fact, everything is right nearby. It's even super convenient to the dock if you're coming in by ferry. And if you want to venture out a little farther, Moffett House provides bikes for all its guests---at no extra cost. We LOVE Moffett House, and we plan on returning for many years to come!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

My partner and I stayed here in August. We had planned to stay for only one night, but we kept extending our stay because the staff was so friendly, the location was great (we were able to walk EVERYWHERE!), the price was RIGHT, and we fell in love with Provincetown. We loved the outdoor shower and the very eclectic collection of DVD's to watch. Also, there were free bikes that made exploring outside the center of town really easy. So fun! We will definitely come back to Moffett House the next time we go to P-town.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Moffett House? Share your experiences!