“Perfect Location, Perfect Hosts” 4 of 5 stars

Moffett House
2.5 of 5 Guest house   |   296A Commercial St, Provincetown, MA 02657   |
Ranked #32 of 70 Provincetown B&B and Inns
Boston, Massachusetts
“Perfect Location, Perfect Hosts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I stayed at the Moffett House for three days in July and it was one of the best places I've stayed while visiting PTown. The room, although small was very clean and had everything I needed. I shared a bath for the first time ever, and was surprised at how great it turned out to be. It was as if it were my own. Todd and Luciano were incredibly attentive and made sure I had everything I needed - a couple times going out of their way accommodate me. I would recommend this place so much, that I made another reservation to stay again in August.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Cheshire, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My partner+I stayed at the Moffett House for 4 days. It was wonderful! We stayed in 2 different rooms+both were extremely clean and very cozy! We had a delicious breakfast every morning! The location is perfect! Right on Commercial St.,but set off enough so that you can sit in the beautiful garden and not here any street noise! Russ,Todd,+Luciano were so nice! We had a great vacation, and hope to be back soon! Thanks again! Mary+Paula

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We love here. We just stayed here for one night but the convenient location made us able to do anything we have planned in town. Sine the bike is complimentary, I and my gf rode them to flyer's and took the kayak around. Then, we walked to dune's tour to see the sunset and caught the whalewatch tour in the morning (They are just 5 mins walking from moffet). If I come back here, I will choose to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
Ludlow, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

My partner and I as well as two other couples recently stayed at the Moffett House for a long weekend. The location of the inn is perfectly located in Provincetown,, just steps from Commercial St. The hosts Russ, Todd and Luciano are very friendly and extremely accomodating. Unlike other B&B's where you feel like you are staying at someone's house, at the Moffett House you are made to feel a part of the house. The rooms are on the smaller side and most have a shared bathroom, but the value for what you get is excellent. I would highly recommend the Moffett House and plan on staying there many more times.

Salem, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having visited but never stayed over P-Town I, (and our large group of guys) were thrilled to stay in such a sweet home. The owners and house boy staffs are personable and attentive. It's certainly feels like one big gay family =).

They mentioned a breakfast of bagels and muffins are available each morning, but my partner and I ended up sleeping in very late often so missed out on that. But experimented with different local restaurants nearby.

When it comes to room size, we were the last to book, so we got the smallest room which is only big enough to fit the bed, however it's a Cape Cottage so if your looking for large accommodations it may not be right for you. Though if your looking for large accommodations P-Town may not be the best destination in general for you. The rooms had TV's with a few channels, and a well tuned AC in the window. Our room came with a mini fridge but we never needed to use it as we did our drinking and eating in town. Our floor shared a bathroom, with a few other rooms but never was an issue for us at least.

The Inn also has many bikes outside that our group took out for a long ride around the beach trails one day that was amazing. The small backyard is fenced in and has benches where our group often waited while one or two of us took forever getting ready. Also you have a great view of the P-Town tower from there.

There are a few parking spots but you need to reserve them ahead of time when you book. However if like us you did not, there is a lot a few minute walk down the road that you can park in I think for 20 a day but allows you to come and go as you please. Otherwise there is one that is a little farther than you can't come/go but is cheaper.

They do allow small dogs but you will need to request one of the larger non carpeted rugs and get approval first.

No AMEX but VISA, MasterCard or good old cash is accepted. They offer free wifi but as we were here on vacation we avoided the internet and work in general.

Ultimately, the location was amazing. It's quiet, but if you walk out down one alley you are right in the heart of town on the main street by the beach. Couldn't imagine a more prime location.

For me, it was a perfect getaway for 3 nights albeit a rainy few nights and as long as your accustomed to cottage sized rooms or european rooms you will be right at home. Just remember to book early and try to book with your friends to make the stay even more homey. We would certainly come back here again and thank the owners for their great hospitality.

Room Tip: Book early to get a larger room. All our clean and welcoming.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well over a century old, and former home of the artist of the same name, this house has undergone much renovation, yet has kept an authentic character the preservationist will much appreciate. It's nestled in mid-block well away from any traffic. Lovely sitting areas in the smallish garden to take breakfast. Spaces are tiny, some rooms come with sinks, others not. The inside stairs to the 2nd floor are tiny. The 2 shared bathrooms I used were in tip-top shape and clean. There's a common kitchen for all to use. A young-ish clientele, and a gay-friendly establishment. Not recommended for anyone traveling with a lot of luggage since rooms are tiny. Bikes available free of charge for roaming the town. Note major price variations by season and carefully review all their info on the website before booking. Smack in the heart of town.

Room Tip: IF in doubt, telephone them if you need a room with private bath, space for a big suitcase, or a roo...
RussAO, Owner at Moffett House, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your detailed and interesting review. Just to clarify we do have larger rooms at the Inn – some with private bathrooms and others that will accommodate 3 people. The majority of our rooms are on the first floor. I guarantee you received the lowest rate for your room in the center of town for your travel dates.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Moffett House for a week and it was great. Russ, Todd and Luciano run the house and are all incredibly friendly and helpful. It's very reasonable and in a great location. What was great is that you can use the kitchen to cook whenever and have a BBQ outside. They also have free bikes which you can use all week and there are lovely terrace areas if you want to chill in the sun or in the shade.
I would definitely recommend this B&B!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Moffett House? Share your experiences!