“Good Introductory Trail Ride, Friendly Owner, Read the FAQ's” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 5 Attractions in Princeton
Type: Horseback Riding Stables, Ranch & Farm
Natick, Massachusetts
15 attraction reviews
“Good Introductory Trail Ride, Friendly Owner, Read the FAQ's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a good trail ride for someone who has never been on a horse before, novice riders, or even more experienced riders who need to get their 'fix' of getting back on a horse again for a little while. The value for the price (especially the groupon price) is very good considering what you would have to pay for similar trail rides at other places. My wife and I are just a bit above novice, having been taking riding lessons at a different stable over the last several months. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience here.

I found Sue, the owner very engaging, taking the time to personally insure that the horses are tacked up properly and all the riders are mounted safely and are comfortable (cinch tight, stirrups the correct length, and where to hold the reigns). The instructions before the ride and during the ride are really geared towards someone who has never ridden before and how to remain safe. The horses are very gentle.

The trail ride itself goes through a wooded area before breaking out into a long open stretch that goes downhill at a gentle rate past a couple of ponds. It then goes up a hill at the half way point that has enough steepness for a short time (while still being safe) and ends at an open area that lets you look back at where you have come from to give the rider (especially the novice ones) a sense of accomplishment. Because of the time of year, our ride also had us going past some large pussy willows and some almost ripe raspberries, while Sue pointed out some signs of wildlife. Part of the ride is in a power line right of way but I did not find that distracting at all.

I would highly encourage people considering this to read the FAQ's on their web site. It provides much better directions then you will get off of Google. Their cancellation policy is fair trying to find the right balance between recognizing that people's plans can change and the ability to fill that time slot again (airlines are much less forgiving). Also, read what to wear. Wearing shorts on a horse is not a very good idea.

My wife and I plan to do this again, probably sometime in the fall during the foliage season.

Visited July 2013

Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
“Nasty owner”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Got lost called for directions answering machine ended up 15 minutes late was barked at to pick a helmet from a dirty bin her help looked beaten down and I understand why owner was barking orders the entire ride made my kids feel uneasy trail was mostly under power lines place was dirty and unkept owner needs a class in customer service and some anger management therapy you've been warned!!

Visited June 2012
Winchendon, Massachusetts
“Rip-Off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

March 24, 2013- My husband and I were so looking forward to our
sleigh ride today; with bright blue skies and the warmth of the sun beaming
down upon us, we thought that we would be in for treat! Instead, the ride
was truly a disappointment! They advertised that we would," journey down
country roads and meadows." What we got was a 30 min. journey of trotting
around in figure eights, back and forth between two small fenced in
enclosures next to a parking lot. It was ridiculous. There were no vistas to
behold. Although we did see the same pile of horse droppings as we circled
over and over again the same small fields. Not worth the money , especially
for adults. This may be more suited for very small children. It's almost
like being on a pony ride, only on a sleigh. If this is all they have to
offer, then forget it. Don't waste your time or money

Visited March 2013
Millbury, Massachusetts, United States
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Bought the two hour groupons for my daughter and myself. We were told to grab a helmet from a bucket of smelly, wet, gross helmets, some were baseball helmets- many had NO straps. My daughter who had never been on a horse was 3 people behind me and felt very uncomfortable. It was supposed to be 2 hrs. The ride itself lasted about an hour. They seemed extremely unorganized, and although they did apologize for taking SO long to get our group on horses-they actually suggested a tip at the end! It was a nice day, and the horses were great, but I would take my money elsewhere next time.

Visited October 2012
Uk
7 attraction reviews
“Brilliant!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A big thank you to everyone at the ranch,my daughter got to ride a beautiful pony before we went on our fantastic sleigh ride,the Pecheron horses that drew the sleigh were magnificent and then our guide showed us the other horses and filled us in on their breeds and history which was very interesting,we also go to meet the ranch cat and dog! At the end of our sleigh ride we ate smores around an open fire with unlimited hot chocolate,would definitely love to visit in the summer so that my daughter and I can go horse riding around this picturesque ranch n it's surroundings.

Visited December 2012