“Good location..But...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Plymouth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good location..But...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

I agree with the other reviewers. The location is perfect but the hotel is in need of a major upgrade. My wife and I stayed there for a wedding down in plymouth. Wedding was wonderful on the plantation but the hotel was a bust. The location is located very close to restaurants and bars which we enjoyed very much. We did order room service one day for lunch which was pretty good.
The room smelt of mold and beds were not very comfortable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
PlymouthGM, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you encountered with your sleep quality and condition of our hotel. We are currently completing renovations and updating the hotel to meet our guest needs. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Newark NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Plymouth Radisson earlier this month on the fourth floor and all I can say is this hotel needs help. The rooms smell like mold, housekeeping obiviously isn't doing a good job because we found and article or some other guests clothing in our room, the spa doesn't work and the carpet could kill somebody it's so bunched up, but it's not all bad The staff is super friendly, The people at the front desk are friendly and responsive but especially the maintenance guy Michael, our sleep number beds would not work, a/c wouldn't get cold and our TV's sounds went bonkers. He came to the room all smiles for us and completely made everything right. He refused to leave until we were satisfied! Later on that night the ice machine was out of ice and he saw me and personally went and filled our bucket for us! What a guy he was. Overall the hotel is ok, just very very run down, great location, but not like the Radiasons I'm used to at all.

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit. Our team also want to thank you on your special mention to Michael in Engineering. Our goal is to provide excellent service to all our guests and Michael simply did that during your visit, and I will be sure to share this to our team. We are currently undergoing improvements to the property and they should be completed by your next visit! We hope to see you on your next visit in the area.

New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

There are signs everywhere on the property letting us know they will be updating the rooms and lobby - don't go here until those renos are done! Furniture is so old that it grossed me out and the whole room smelled musty and like cigarettes. But front desk ladies are really amazing- they bring real service. And location is great cause u can walk to so much- waterfront eateries , Plymouth Rock , pilgrims trail, Harbor boat tours...

Stayed June 2014
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit in the area. We are currently working on updating the property and the updates will be finished soon which includes new furniture in the Lobby. Our team is glad that you liked our staff and the area where we are located. We hope to see you the next time you are in the area.

Meriden, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We booked a Saturday night so we could get up and go on a whale watch early on Sunday. We asked for a king, but were given two doubles over looking the indoor pool. The balcony seemed strange and it was rather gloomy. I'm sure some people might like watching people swim but I'd rather have some natural light to the room. Anyway, we called the desk and they found us a king which had an outdoor view. The bed was comfortable and while the room needed some updating, it was clean and had a nice tv. The curtains didn't close all the way and the morning sun came in. We over slept because the clock radio alarm clock had the incorrect time. Our fault I guess. The doors to the rooms all looked like they had been kicked in, rather strange. the place looks old and worn.

You cannot beat the location. It is within walking distance to lots food options and the water. We were going to have breakfast, but we missed it. They advertise a Sunday brunch which recommends reservations. Maybe next time.

We saw in the hotel that they are planning on updating the interior of the hotel. There are other options in the area that are more current and taken care of. We will go back after they update as the price was fair.

Not bad, not great, but clean!!!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for choosing our hotel during your visit to Plymouth. Thank you for the nice words about our staff and team. I also want to thank you for your detailed feedback, for it is through feedback that we can continue to improve our service. It is our goal as a team to strive to give excellent guest service to our guest and we hope to see you the next time you are in the area, the updates to the hotel should be done and welcoming on your next visit.

Bridgewater, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Radisson Plymouth for a friends Wedding Memorial Day Weekend. I understand it's not the best weekend to stay at a hotel, especially for a wedding room block.
Contact with the hotel prior to arrival and check in was great, the initial booking and change two weeks prior were made with ease. However, when I went to check in at 3:45pm on Sunday the 25th my experience changed or the worst. First there were no rooms available for me, I asked if I could leave my number and be called when my room was ready. The front desk agent told me to come back in 20 minutes to get an update. Being close to the wedding time an still needing to get ready in the room I waited ten minutes in the lobby while I watched other people get checked in that I knew had the same room type as me in the block. After waiting in line for a second time the agent says that she has a king room available for me. I booked and had a confirmation for a double not a king. After much back and forth with a few agents and I am assuming the front desk manager they found a double room for me.
Now I do understand more than my other friends the difficulties and ins and outs of hotels because I work in them also, but the fact that the hotel had my room type messed up and didn't try to remedy the situation with ease or offer anything to me for the error on their part shows that their customer service is not high on their priority.
I hope this review helps others when booking this Radisson.

• Stayed May 2014
PlymouthGM, Director of Sales at Radisson Hotel Plymouth Harbor, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and apologize for the issues you encountered with check-in and guestroom type. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience, and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Skaneateles, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Fabulous location. We walked to everything. But the bed was horrible. We had read about the sleep number bed but could not find the controls. After a nearly sleepless night, we learned from the front desk that the sleep number beds had been replaced by new beds. I can only think that the sleep number would have been better than the new ones. Room had a great view but the drapes did not close all the way so we were disturbed by lights from the street. Clean and pleasant staff.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I was disappointed to hear of the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. Thank you for the positive feedback on the staff and cleanliness of the hotel. Our team strives to give all of our guests a high level of experience during their stay.

We strive to provide a comfortable and enjoyable experience for each of our guests, anticipating the needs and fulfilling them on every occasion. It is through feedback such as yours that we are able to improve our operation to better serve our guests.

Manchester Township, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

Every spring, my wife and I like to take our three sons from our home in New Jersey to see the "Old Country" of Plymouth, MA (where I'm originally from). The boys (ages 9, 12 and 13) absolutely love the area, especially Plimouth Plantation and the Mayflower II, but they really really love the Radisson. Maybe it's the pool? But, personally, I think it's because the staff is so nice every time we visit. At every level, the people there are wonderful, whether at the front desk, the maintenance guy delivering the tiny little fridge, or -- (she is their absolute favorite) Marie, the manager of the restaurant. Marie has an aura that lights up the room, and the room is pretty big!! Even though the facilities might be a wee bit "tired," the staff, the service, the food and other amenities, are not. So, our family salutes you all (especially Marie) and we can't wait until we return next year!! Thanks for creating so many great memories for our family!

Room Tip: Our kids always like to overlook the pool.