“Extremely dirty!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bradford Inn & Suites

You added Bradford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Bradford Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   98 Water Street, Plymouth, MA 02360 (Formerly The Governor Bradford Inn - On the Harbour)   |
Ranked #12 of 19 Plymouth B&B and Inns
Fall River, Ma.
“Extremely dirty!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2009

The room was VERY dirty, I suffer from Asthma, and coughed all night, only got about 2 hours sleep. The only thing the hotel has going for it, is, the excellent location.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Papillion, NE
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2009

The location, nice reception area, and morning muffins are the only things this place has to offer. Our room was DIRTY, the walls were so thin you could hear every movement of our quiet neighbors, the remote control batteries were dead, you had to get a hairdryer from the office...and it's a good thing I asked for one that evening...when I went to return it at 7:30 AM the following morning, the office was closed until 8:30 AM...so much for getting an early cup of tea. I would never stay here again and wouldn't let my worst enemy stay here either.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
miami
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

My DH, teenage son and I stayed at the at the Governor Bradford Inn for 2 nights. Back home, we had arrived at the airport at 5:30 a.m. for our flight to Boston and then driven in from Boston. When we checked in, quite tired, we were told there were no available elevators, so we had to haul our suitcases up the stairs. The entire time, the stairs were either being painted and roped off so we never knew which set of stairs to take, or just painted with wet paint signs stuck to them. We had a room that overlooked the harbor. The motel styled room was depressing, extremely dated and in terrible need of renovation. Even though it was a nonsmoking room, the room still smelled of smoke, I guess from years of smoke penetrating the walls, curtains etc. When we used the sink, we noticed it took a long time to drain, but we were going right out to look at the attractions and then intended to crash, so we left it at that. The next morning, the drainage was slower, so we complained. Late that afternoon, we got a call asking if we would like to switch rooms because the drainage problem was something that would take sometime to fix and they didn't want to start work with guests in the room. We said never mind because we were leaving the next day and didn't want to start repacking. By evening, the sink was not draining at all and we had to brush our teeth over the toilet and wash our hands in the shower. Although they did attempt to accomodate us by moving us, my issue is this: Why were we given the room in the first place? Surely housekeeping, when it cleaned the sink and ran water saw that it was not draining. Why was it not reported and fixed before giving the room to a guest? The good points: The room was extremely clean. The lobby had been renovated at the beginning of the year and it looked nice and fresh. They also gave you a basic breakfast of muffins,danish, juice and coffee and the staff was nice. The reason we chose this hotel was because all the reviews said it was withing walking distance to the major attractions. The hotel is withing walking distance to Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II. You still need a car for Plimouth Plantation and several other attractions. I would not recommend this hotel until the rooms undergo a renovation.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2009

I recently stayed at the "Governor Bradford inn" and oh man was it dirty.
I am the woman that did complain and did get a discount off my bill.
Mold in the shower,dirty towels and the stink...egads! To top it off "house keeping" never cleaned my room,made the bed and or gave me clean towels because "she went home for the day."
I will never stay here again or recommend to any of my friends.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Lake Ronkonkoma, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

I recently stayed at this run-down hotel on the water with a group of frinds. From the website we were expecting a nice room overlooking the harbor. Well, the only thing I can say is that we got a harbor view. The room itself was OLD and run-down, and smelled like a musty wet towel. I was afraid to walk on the carpet with bare feet. There was mold in the bathroom shower, and in the heating unit. The room had not been updated since the 70's. EVERYTHING was old. It reminded me of what a "pay-by-the hour" hotel would probably look like. The hotel is under reconstruction. the lobby was just done over, and was the ONLY thing clean here. The pool area, although closed for the season, had trash all over it. There were broken beer bottles, pizza boxes, and even someone's underwear. Looked like a BIG Frat party had just taken place. There were noisy college kids three doors down, who partied all night, and when we woke in the morning, found vomit on the balcony we had to pass to get to our cars. The house keeping staff, NEVER even came by our room to clean it, or bring us new towels. Speaking of the towels, the were so worn and old, and smelled like Bleech.
One of my friends complained, and I think got $50.00 off the room. Overall, I wouldn't even recommend this place as a welfare hotel. I would NEVER AGAIN stay there. The room was $100.00 a night, but should've been $30. At least I would be able to say..."You get what you pay for then"

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2008

Okay, you have to know this place has not been updated since, probably, the 80's. BUT it is otherwise a great place to stay!

First, the rooms are clean and comfortable. The prices are very reasonable. That alone is everything I would want for a weekend visit to Plymouth.

Add to that... the hotel offers million dollar views, overlooking the harbor. You can walk to most attractions, restaurants and shops. Off street parking is provided. The only time we drove was to visit Plymouth Plantation.

Free continental breakfast is available in the lobby with comfortable seating and a big screen TV. (Or kick back with coffee and a muffin in you room while you plan your day)

Then, there is the warm, caring, hospitable staff! On my 5 stays at The Governor, I have felt welcome and cared for. How many hotels offer that anymore?

If you want super fancy, go elsewhere. If you want a safe, clean , affordable hotel in a great location where you will be treated like a welcome guest...this is the place to stay, again and again!

• Liked — The staff, the location, the price!
  • Disliked — rooms could use a little updating, footsteps on balcony a little loud.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Miami, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2008

Perfect spot on the harbor, a few steps from Plymouth Rock and the Mayflower II. While this is far from being "the Ritz", we found it clean and comfortable, with ample free parking. Plenty of restaurants around.
As far as places of interest in Plymouth, If you have the time, especially if you have kids, don't miss the Plymoth Plantation, just a few miles from the hotel. It's a quite faithful representation of the life of natives and settlers in the 1600's. Worth every penny.

• Liked — Location and price
  • Disliked — It's an older hotel, but quite comfortable for the price.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Bradford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!