“The BEST fish & chips I've ever had....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 176 restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Howell, Michigan
“The BEST fish & chips I've ever had....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

My wife and I visited the Mayflower II in Plymouth, MA during our vacation. While on the Mayflower I asked the "captain" of it where was a really good restaurant, that wasn't expensive. His eyes lit up, and he suggested the Blue Eyed Crab, which was within walking distance. He raved about it having the best scallops he's ever had, so we thought we'd give it a try. After a short walk, we arrived and was greeted and seated by our waitress, Gabby. We searched through the menu, which had a funky Caribbean flare to it. I ordered the fish and chips, my wife order the scallop special of the day. We sat near the kitchen, where to owner was filleting fresh fish & seafood. 3 chefs danced around at their own individual stations preparing the fresh food, as the owner lightly barked at them. After a brief wait our order arrived. I've never in my life tasted fish so good. EVER!! It was a very generous piece of cod, over an inch thick, with pure white flakiness heaven!!!! Lightly battered and ZERO greasiness. My wife couldn't believe how tasty her scallop dish was. It was truly the best dinning out experience we've had in a VERY long time.
I can honestly recommend this restaurant (and the wonderful chefs and GABBY) to anyone who wants some awesome food. It makes me wish they were located where I live.......

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

80% Recommend
“Excellent crab”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

great selection and also small plate choices on the menu. I ordered the crab bisque and crab burger. The meal started with a small fresh loaf of delicious corn bread and honey butter. I sat out on the patio so had to wait a little,but it was worth it when the waitress brought out a second loaf. I would definitely recommend the crab burger. It came with steak fries and cole slaw. The cole slaw was also good,not overdressed

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Try the Calamari”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We get to Plymouth every couple of years and stop here every time. Cripsy calamari with peppers and fresh local brews always start our visit. Wonderful fresh seafood in generous portions and friendly service keep us coming back. The lobster rolls had a full lobster worth of meat-2 large claw sections and plenty of tail meat. This isn’t unheard of elsewhere, but a nice treat. The restaurant is small but they have outside seating when the weather is nice.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“Excellent...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

They really do a nice job here. Hot, fresh seafood dishes from the traditional to the truly creative. Excellent service to match. I need to go back, as the dinner I enjoyed here was one of the best I had in a while. The one drawback is the size. It is a smaller location so seating can be tough and you can have a long wait... but it will likely be worth it once you order!

Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food & setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Great setting on the deck overlooking the foreshore and harbour beyond. Service was friendly and attentive, three of us had a variety of dishes, all cooked perfectly. It's worth the extra walk out of the main centre to find this place.

Visited August 2013