“Standard HGI” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
SoDak
“Standard HGI”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a standard Hilton Garden Inn - lobby decor, room decor, etc. It was very close to the site where I was working and had easy access to Highway 3. The room was comfortable and very clean. Yummy, fresh baked granola cookies every evening in the lobby. Breakfast was standard HGI buffet fare - the hot offerings in the pans were barely warm. Another reviewer commented on good service at breakfast and that the server was extremely busy. My experience with the breakfast staff was not good. When I got to the restaurant area I had a hard time finding a table that had been wiped off - dirty dishes cleared but tabletops dirty. The lone server did not seem interested in doing anything for me, didn't offer to take a food order or even mention that as an option to the buffet. When I was standing and looking around the buffet area for some water to drink, she noticed me looking and asked what I was looking for at about the same time my sight finally landed on the water pitcher - I would have thought when I told her I was looking for water, she might have offered to bring a glass to my table, but did not. She did not come to my table once, either day. I find it hard to tip when no service of any kind was provided, especially having to look around myself for the least dirty table to sit at. Would stay here again if visiting the area, but would probably take the option of extra HHonors points and skip the breakfast - there are Dunkin Donuts everywhere in Plymouth with much better coffee.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the quality of food you expected. We are constantly working to improve our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.

Kelly Lajoie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Matthews, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

Think twice before selecting this hotel. The beds are cheap and worn out. The pillows were the worst ever. If you have to stay there, make sure you ask for a room with a newer bed and foam pillows, not the feather ones.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with our guest room beds. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Pepper Pike, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We've stayed at this motel several times. The rooms are clean and well appointed. The facility has an adequate exercise room, nice breakfast area,friendly and helpful staff, computer area,indoor pool and laundry room. It is conveniently located to the tourist area as well as the interstate.

Room Tip: Check out the rooms on the internet
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, Ma and for the great review. So glad you were able to experience our warm Hilton Garden Inn hospitality again and we look forward to seeing you soon.

Dearborn Heights, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

A wonderful place to stay! Very clean!!! I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. It was a very convenient location. We were visiting downtown Plymouth and the Plimoth Plantation. I would definitely stay at the Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thanks for the great review, I will share with my team!! I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction.

Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a nice hotel with a great location off of Rt 3 near Plymouth, MA
The hotel was very clean and well kept, the staff was very nice as well.
I would recommend it to anyone staying in the Plymouth area.

Room Tip: rooms on the back right side of the hotel are quieter !!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Wilmington Island, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My family and I vacationed in Plymouth this summer for four nights. As a general rule, I like Hilton Garden Inns for both business and vacation travel. They are consistently good hotels and I’ve grown to know what to expect. As usual, this hotel was both clean and comfortable. Most importantly…my wife and kids LOVED it. What separated this hotel from others was the staff. They went out of their way to interact with our children and helped me with both directions and advice. Highlights of our visit and “do not miss” experiences…Plimoth Plantation, Jenney House, and whale watching. Runners up in the “do not miss” category…the Mayflower, Plymouth Rock (don’t set aside to much time for it), and the Pilgrim Museum (kids liked the museum…my wife and I were ready for lunch). Friends that live locally brought us to Long Beach and we loved that day we spent there. After staying here we traveled out to the Cape and in hindsight both my wife and I wished we had just stayed in Plymouth longer. We found out after the fact that there is a ferry that goes between Plymouth and Provincetown. I’m convinced that using the ferry would have saved us time, money and headaches.

Room Tip: After eating breakfast at two local restaurants and then the hotel...eat at the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel to your liking. Next time we hope you do choose to stay longer with us!! Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Northern maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I took my wife, daughter and S.I.L and grandchildren to Plimouth Plantation. I had 2 rooms reserved and the check-in process went well until I asked to have the 2 rooms combined on one portfolio. The clerk said she was not allowed to do this. I said O.K., I'll check in the morning. She was very pleasant and very apologetic but obviously wasn't trained properly by management on how to do a very simple procedure.
The next morning I tried again. The morning clerk did not know how to do this either. I asked for the manager. She appeared immediately and proceeded to say that this was very simple to do and took care of this for me. My only comment would be why doesn't management train employees in the basics of the Hilton program?
The breakfast food was good but the service was horrible and again, I'm not blaming the waitress for this. The poor waitress waited on tables, cleared tables, and brought out the coffee canisters for complimentary coffee in the hotel foyer. She threw out "thank you's" and "no problem's" to the nearly full clientele in the breakfast room and she never lost her cool. She was just completely overwhelmed, taking orders by the kitchen entry instead of at tables. We were there for close to an hour and noticed that management finally arrived to clear tables after 45 minutes and gave her a little relief. Where were they before this?
The hotel itself is nice, a typical HGI. The rooms were clean and quiet. The water volume from the shower could have been a little stronger. The bedding and pillows were comfortable.
If management did it's job, I would have given the hotel an extra star. My stay, for the record, was on July 21st.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
PlymouthHiltonMgr, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Kelly Lajoie

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Plymouth? Share your experiences!