“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I've been to woods about 10 times now and the food has always been good (even off season). While my friends get different meals and always enjoy it, I get a fisherman's platter every time. The fisherman's platter "for one" is big and only 20 bucks. While they also have one "for two" ppl (30 bucks - cheap!) and it's HUGE! They're clam chowder is amazing btw! I've had it many times when it was thick or runny, but always delicious. They so have good coleslaw and tartar sauce. Wood's is worth a drive to just for the food. But there are also fishing and whale watch boats right there on the pier.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Food was good, not a posh place in fact quite the opposite but good food, good prices, nice atmosphere, nice views. I liked it

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
fall river, massachusetts
“Worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had the Seafood Platter and my husband had the fish and chips...They were both excellent. You can't beat the seafood here. I guess that if you had to complain, it would be about the seating, but when you are going to a clam shack type restaurant, your not going there for the ambiance of the place. If your lucky you could get a picnic table outside, and enjoy the beautiful view. What ever you order, it is delicious, hot, and fast. Love this place. Put on one of you must goes if you want good food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dayton, Ohio
“Best Fried Clams - Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We spent three days in Plymouth. After our first visit to Woods, we came back twice more.
Lobsters are right off the boat and delicious. My wife has like fried clam strips for years and she said these were the best she'd ever had.
The place is right on the pier and seemed to be constantly crowded.
If you want Ambiance, go somewhere else where the food will not be as good. This is real "ambidance."

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

After following the reviews we decided to eat here, having high expectations I was sorely let down. My wife had the fish and chips this was tasteless. The fish was fresh but the batter let it down, in fact with the chips being soggy the whole plate was pretty much mush. I had the lobster, I've never had whole lobster before so can't pass too much comment the claw meat was nice and tasty but the tail was so tough I couldn't eat it. We didn't finish our meal. Just went and found somewhere else to eat. Locals may love it but if your English looking for fish and chips from a sea side seafood restaurant don't come here!