“Nix is not a good time.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nix's Plymouth - CLOSED

Nix's Plymouth
6 Town Wharf Plymouth, Plymouth, MA 02360 (Formerly Nix's)
+1 508-591-7706
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
“Nix is not a good time.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

We have been there twice. First time was in the summer and I kind of liked it but my husband did not. I had a good turkey burger that night. We went back last Saturday. They we were having a function in the back which was their priority. Had to wait awhile for hostess to seat us. Tables had been removed for the function which made the atmosphere uninviting. We never got bread after asking twice. Evidently it all went to the function. They were out of the wine I ordered and my turkey burger was terrible. Will not go back. The only redeeming value: there was a really good singer/guitar player.

Visited October 2013

Raynham, Massachusetts
“Restaurant Impossible needs to gut this place!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Heard such good things of the nix's in boston. Don't be fooled about the Plymouth location, it'll be closed in less than 12 months. The kitchen could not accommodate at half capacity. Heard the hostess tell others waiting to be seated that there are a lot of reservations tonight. Don't lie to them when it's 8pm and half the tables in the restaurant are empty, that ticks people off!
Our appetizers were cold and the chicken wings were dry with barely any meat(skin & bones!!! mmm tastey!!! really? how can you even serve that??)The potatoes were cold with every entree that came to the table. Don't get the lobster ravioli...Blah!
They seem understaffed, on the floor & in the kitchen.(even the bartenders were serving food to the tables, nice of them to help but not their roles, especially when they have their own customers. This establishment has potential but they will flop every time. Very nice looking place though, if you do go, just order drinks and eat somewhere else.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Awesome lobster roll!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I've come here before with some friends and family. Today I went for a lunch meeting. The server was great as usual and this afternoon I ordered the lobster roll. Hands down one of the best I've ever had.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth
“Wish I Had the Reviews Beforehand”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Hubby and I had a Groupon to Nix's, which included one appetizer, two dinners and one dessert. We had a kind, but not so attentive waitress, who was in no hurry. After placing our order, our 3 piece shrimp appetizer arrived at our table within three minutes. I would have been EXTREMELY upset if I had paid the full price for it. After 10 minutes our waitress came back said that the chicken dish my hubby ordered had run out (this was after I was told that my choice of the salmon had run out). Hubby ordered the steak tips. Five minute later she came back to say that the chicken WAS still available, if my hubby still wanted it. He stayed with the steak tips. Maybe not such a good choice, as there was more onions/peppers/mushrooms in the dish than tips. Also, the mashed potatoes were cold and had NO FLAVOR. We asked if they were boxed and were told they were not. We did get more/warmer potato and still they tasted very blah (boxed). Long story short, we wish we had read the reviews prior to going, as I wouldn't have purchased the Groupon to Nix's in the first place. P.S. Drinks were VERY pricey.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Carver, Massachusetts
“Greasy, greasy, greasy!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Had a groupon, so we decided to try this place tonight. Bottom line - won't be back. We ordered the calamari appetizer to start, and based on that, we should have known better than to order the Island Platter as an entrée. Both were very greasy! The batter on the calimari was practically nonexistent, and instead of a marinara sauce for dipping, there was a citrusy and spicy sauce. Then came the main course....the fish was mushy (tasted like it had been pre-frozen), and was swimming in grease. The fries were underneath, and had soaked up a lot of the excess oily residue. The only high point was the berry cobbler dessert. Without the tourists, I don't see this place making it through the Winter.

• Visited September 2013