“Raw Turkey Burger and Rancid Linguine Sauce” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nix's Plymouth - CLOSED

Nix's Plymouth
6 Town Wharf Plymouth, Plymouth, MA 02360 (Formerly Nix's)
+1 508-591-7706
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Oyster Bar, Sandwiches
Good for: Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
New York City, New York
“Raw Turkey Burger and Rancid Linguine Sauce”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Appetizers: Truffle Fries and Quahog Lollipops -

Truffle Fries - Soggy, greasy and lukewarm: 8$
"Quahog" lollipops - I defy anyone to find a big enough piece of quahog in this pile of dough: 9$

Main Course: (after we had been told they were out of half of the menu) Turkey burger (with an added salad or fries? and extra 1.50). LInguine and Clams.

Turkey Burger was RAW. Not a little, but except for a little browning on the outer layer - the entire patty was raw. If my daughter had not cut her burger in half she would have had a bite of raw turkey. So disgusting. We complained and the manager came over as if he was doing us a favour. His first words, "Sorry for the mix up". What mix up? Had someone else ordered the raw turkey? I told him there was no mix up and he proceeded to give me attitude as if I had done something wrong.

The burger came back, it was obviously on the same bun as before - bad move. When you cut raw meat on a bun the juices seep into the bread. They gave us a raw patty and couldn't even be bothered to give us a new bun and patty. It was the same meat - but cooked through this time.

My linguine and clams looked like it was from some sort of bad high school cafeteria - there was so much grease coagulating in clumps. And the sauce had turned rancid. Yuck.

We will not be going back.

Try Anna's right across the way - better service and you won't get sick from eating the food.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Herefordshire
“Great cocktails and good live music”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a good bar/dinner for cocktails, beer and live music on a Saturday evening and the food is reasonably good, but it is more bar standard than restaurant quality.
The atmosphere is relaxed and the staff are friendly.

Visited August 2013
Lexington, Massachusetts
“"Best Lobster Sliders"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I come to Plymouth occasionally with my children and husband to vacation we are so glad we found out about Nix's. The place is so clean and family oriented. My favorite is the unique menu they have here. The clam chowder is my daughters favorite and I love the Lobster sliders. We have yet to have a bad thing off this menu. My kids love dancing to the live music so its fun for us to come. Beautiful patio and indoor views! Can't go wrong here!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Nice Night Out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

My Family and I always go out to the waterfront and Nix's is a welcomed change. My wife had the Linguine and Clams and I had the Steak Frites. Both where well cooked and tasted great. Our server was a young girl but she was a big help with us in deciding what to order. After dinner we walked the back bar area which we had no idea was there. There is another bar and a huge outdoor patio. A band setting up so we decided to stick around for another cocktail and caught the first part of the bands set. (I think the band was "six foot sunday") The bartender was friendly and letting us know that the patio was newly constructed and just opened weeks ago. This was a nice night out with my wife and we are definitely going to return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MA
“Disappointed in Nix's Mate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were not impressed. We walked into a nearly empty restaurant, not a good sign for a beautiful Tues. evening in August when we expected it to be bustling with business. We sat on the back patio, surprised by the high fence which obstructed any view of the water. There were a few high tables and one was at a small section of shorter fence so we did see the water and that alone saved our nite. Food was mediocre at best. I had a shrimp scampi flatbread that had 6-8 tiny shrimp, lots of cheese, some arugula, and a few grape tomato halves but not much garlic. Not hot, instead it was almost soggy. Husband had the steak frites cooked medium with some smaller pieces almost well done. It was a fair portion of meat, good flavor, and quite tender but the steak fries were a much smaller portion than you would expect for a $20+ entree. It also came with a small arugula salad with a little blue cheese but no dressing. No bread was served with the meal. We won't return.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere