“Great experience, good value!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #50 of 178 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations, Buffet
Description: We miss Brazil. We miss the smell of trees, and the sounds and sights of Carnaval. We miss being in a land where football is played with feet. It's difficult for us to go home though, so we did the next best thing. We brought our home to us and established Rio Steak House. Sit at one of our tables and for a few hours, let us make you forget that you didn't need wings to get here. At Rio Steak House we celebrate the best of Brazilian cuisine, specializing in Brazilian barbecue, Churrascaria. First, help yourself to a variety of offerings from our well-stocked salad bar - some say enough to be a meal of itself. As you're seated, experienced carvers will arrive with succulent skewers full of freshly roasted cuts of meats, precisely separating the best portions for your plate until you won't be able to fit another bite. Our goal was to import an authentic Brazilian experience. Come taste for yourself some of the best of what Brazil has to offer, this time you won't need a passport.
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great experience, good value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you've never tried a Brazilian steak house, you really should!;You must, of course, be a carnivore!
The meats just keep on coming and the quality and variety is amazing!
Staff here is very helpful and friendly. The vegetable/salad buffet is quite extensive and frequently replenished.
All of the food seems very fresh and delicious. Fun to try with friends with good appetites.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
MA
“Just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

First time to Rio and it was ok. It is a bit confusing who is actually waiting on you. It seems they all work as a team and I must say they were extremely attentive. Buffet had good choices and we tried not to fill up on that part of the dinner so we had room to try all the meats. I found the meat to be a bit on the salty side. Best was the sirloin. I dont believe we actually got to try all the items they offer on the stick! Steak wrapped in bacon was overcooked and not very flavorful. Price for the dinner with a coupon on their website was very reasonable. We had dinner for 2, two glasses of wine and 2 beers and bill was only 56.00. I would give them a 5 star on pricing and would have liked to have given them a higher score on food but too much salt! Not sure I would go back.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Poorly managed..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Went 2/16/13. We got there at about 6:45 for dinner before a movie. We had been twice before for lunch and had an expiring grupon we wanted to use. We could barely get in the front door. Nowhere to put your name in. There were at least five other couple standing in front of us that told us they had been there 10-15 minutes and nobody had approached them to add their names to the cue. It looked like mass chaos. We waited 10 minutes and were still unable to find a hostess. I finally squeezed though the sea of people at the bar to seek an employee out to find out the process for putting our name on the list. I finally bumped into a waitress and rudely told me " go to the bar". That's what we did and nothing was getting accomplished. People seemed to be getting really irritated so we decided to go elsewhere. It was the beginning of a quest to find dinner haha... Anyways when we went for lunch on the prior two occasions the food was really good. We were basically the only people there. The service to get a table on a busy night however, was deplorable. They don't take reservations either.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kingston, Massachusetts
“Horrible customer service!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

First off I would like to say my review is based on the service...I have been to this restaurant several times and have enjoyed both the food and the drinks. In fact this is where my mom wanted to go on her birthday. I had actually purchased a groupon coupon for four people which was due to expire. My moms birthday fell on February 8th and unfortunately we had a blizzard that day and had to cancel plans..we rescheduled to the following Friday and unfortunately my other two daughters were unable to join us and we had a party of three instead of five. Knowing that the Groupon I had was for four people I called ahead and asked if I could have the fourth meal (which I would be paying for as a take out meal. Or if I could reduce the Groupon since there would only be three of us. I explained that happened and was trying to salvage my mothers already disappointing birthday. The girl on the phone was actually quite nice and thought there would be no issue but when she was speaking to someone in the background who I was assuming was a manager she was extremely rude and said I could use it but only if I paid for the fourth person which I was fine with IF was getting a meal with it! I don't seem the problem with this....We would have spent way over what the Groupon was worth but the nasty attitude that I received..WILL never go back there again! And now with Rodizio's opening up in Braintree we will be going there! Will not recommend to any friends. Also will just forfeit the Groupon already paid for rather than going back there!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
cape cod, ma
“Worst Brazilian Food I've ever had”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

There was one other table in there dining with us. The hostess and waiter were nice but the food was bad. Along with other reviews below it seemed like they didn't want to give seconds of the foods. The salad bar was just ok. The pineapple and rolls were the best part of the meal. The meats were under cooked, cold, and gamey tasting. Even with a coupon we did not feel like we got our moneys worth. Would not return.

• Visited January 2013