“Appetizer Heaven” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Alden Park Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #24 of 184 Restaurants in Plymouth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Commerce Way
Description: Fantastic interior design and menu that has something for everyone----we live nearby and are thrilled with this addition to our area dining.
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Appetizer Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2014

There were eight of us and someone suggested Alden Park. We needed a place to discuss the goings on of the day, have a cocktail or two & enjoy some appetizers...WELL, who knew WE CERTAINLY PICKED THE RIGHT PLACE! Just before 3:00 p.m. the restaurant seemed very quiet. We were greeted at the door and promptly escorted to a corner booth/table which was perfect.
"We" can be a bit overwhelming, but our server, Colleen, kept up with every request and cocktail orders with out a flinch. FYI, the Blueberry Martini was amazing, YUM! We proceeded to order just about every appetizer on the menu and amazingly they all worked...The Siracha Wings, BLT Pizza, Veg. Dip, Lettuce Wraps and Eggplant Parmesan arrived hot, fresh and delicious. One member seemed disappointed that there were no Buffalo wings on the menu, but the Siracha won him over, in fact, we ordered TWO orders! I mentioned that I had been there before, when they first opened, but didn't remember it being so good. Two others of our party said it was one of their favorite restaurants...All remarked that everything was delicious, the service excellent and be sure, I certainly plan to return very soon for dinner!

Rensselaer
“Always a 'happening' vibe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Alden Park is one of those places that puts a smile on your face and a bounce in your step. Consistently interesting food and attentive staff, plus delightful décor. It is busy year round, even when nearby restaurants are not. The oysters are always good, and local. The menu changes frequently, but not totally, so you are likely to be able to find a favorite at future visits. It can get noisy, but that is a tribute to its popularity. The bill mounts quickly.

East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“Very good food, but maybe too much of it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I say average, but it is a "high" average. The food was good: Baked Brie, Park Salad, Vegetable Risotto, Steak Frites, sides of Broccolini and Brussels Sprouts were all fresh and made from scratch. They had Sam Adam's Rebel IPA which was delicious, but my wife's cocktail was blah and watered down. We did feel that the food was piled on a little too high, and this is something we NEVER have a concern about; but there was something about the large quantity of food in each entree we found to be a bit of a turn-off. For example, the Steak Frites had your typical portion of steak mixed in with what seemed to be 2 pounds of fries. I also found myself scanning the brie and risotto and thinking in terms of pounds, which I believe is an experience reserved for buffets and eating contests. On the other hand, I do respect a restaurant that provides quality food and a lot of it, but dare I say this was over the top. Our waitress was great, but the young bus boy was supposed to put our leftover Broccolini in a to-go container and spaced out on it, so it got disposed of in the kitchen. I walked out of there feeling full, but strangely unsatisfied. I would like to go back, but I know I won't. But don't let my mixed feelings stop you from giving it a try! Because I can easily see why people enjoy the place.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Another great dinner at Alden Park!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We just returned from another great dinner at Alden Park. The food is great and the menu changes frequently. The service is always attentive and pleasant. We sat outside for the first time tonight and they have done a great job with the patio area.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Awesome anniversary dinner!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I have always enjoyed dining outside at Alden Park, but my husband never had the experience. We wanted to celebrate someplace close by and be outside so we chose Alden Park. Louie was our excellent waiter starting us off with two of the special cocktails, a peach something and a Dark n. Stormy for me. For an appetizer we split the grilled ceasar, arranged specially on two plates. Then he had the scallops n bacon pasta dish and I had the grilled tuna steak with wasabi potatoes. We were only able to eat one third of our meals so had enough for two more lunches and my husband is a big eater. Would definitely recommend this romantic spot with the fire pit and beautiful gardens. In the past, I have enjoyed the weekday appetizer specials and cocktails at bar. Can't beat the lettuce wraps and martinis with the blue cheese stuffed olives! Also great place for wedding shower (group was leaving when we got there).

• Visited June 2014