“Great place to gather!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Great place to gather!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The location is great here. The prices are average and the food is good. Love going here in the summer to sit on the deck to view Plymouth Harbor. I have had a function here for a bridal shower also, they did a great job!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Ruislip, United Kingdom
“Disappointing is an understatement!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was the last night of our week road trip around New England and we both agreed that the food in various types and standards of eating establishments had been superb. There is a saying in the UK 'After the Lord Mayors show'!!
The Waterfront is what it says very well located, on entering the restaurant we were shown to a table for 2 which was small made worse by the poor lighting in the premises. I know lighting can give a premises an ambience but with that and the dark decor, it was a job to read the menus, perhaps a slight exaggeration but hopefully you are getting my point.
To the food, what I had is by the by but it was at best average. My wife fancied for a change a pizza. I have to say when hers arrived I did not pay much attention to it but a while later she moaned to me saying that she thought a little bit of it was burnt but having made her way through it found the whole circumference of the pizza was totally burnt. Yes we know she should have complained at the time it arrived, but remember my points on the lighting!! :-)
When I saw the charred remains of what she had left, I know for a fact my kids many years ago would have given me some grief if I had presented this burnt offering to them.
We brought the charcoal remains to the attention of the young waitress who went and saw the manager. He was never shown the burnt offerings on the table. She returned stating we could have a free desert, we declined the offer as we were no longer hungary a bit put out. The manager did not even bother to come over. The waitess then returned with the full bill. I genuinely cannot believe that the chef or person in charge let a meal leave the kitchen so visibly in poor condition.
A very disappointing last dinner on what had ben an excellent trip.
Would I eat there again? Hell might freeze over first.
PS We later that evening as to not cut our nose off to spite our face, visited the very very busy bar upstairs. Great atmosphere with a predominantly young crowd and the manager and his staff were very busy. I think its fair to say where the business loyalties were in relation to this establishment.
Please see my reviews on the whole, I try to be positive and helpfull in my contributions.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Visiting the Rock”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

A good variety of menu items, we started with calamari which was excellent and then we had the apple pork chop, house favorite and I now know why. Others had, seafood Elizabeth and it had more lobster with excellent cherry sauce, steak tips were ok, prime rib was 16ozs and take home, but excellent. Overall very positive.

Massachusetts
“Great view”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We ate a late lunch on a Wednesday afternoon, and we were very pleased with the service and the food. There were several appetizers ordered, and all were good. We also ordered meals, and all were extremely pleased with the food. Portions were good/large. None of us left unsatisfied or hungry...would return again!

Visited October 2013
Sagamore Beach, Massachusetts
“An Honest Review Of The Waterfront Bar & Grill”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

So, by the looks of the photos you might think your going to be right on the water, but your actually across the street. Parking is free in the street after 7 and there is an open parking lot right next to the bank down on the left before the round about. It's one block up and the walk is easy. There is a great bar upstairs with so many tv's you might think you were in a sports bar. The upstairs of the WB&G is a large room decorated many large windows, a great view and beach/ocean themed pictures. The upstairs is the bar, as it takes up a good portion of it. The upstairs space also has tables if you'd like to sit somewhere other than the bar. You can order food and have a bite to eat up there as well or a bit quieter choice is to opt for eating downstairs. The downstairs area while not a huge space is a great place to have lunch/dinner/appetizers, and handled the flow of traffic well, we still made a reservation. It's not easy to just show up when there are 8 or more you.We had a great dinner there with friends and while I can appreciate the reviews stressing time issues/constraints we waited for a bit but also found it gave us plenty of time to talk. Maybe we called Connor over a few times but he was always around within a few minutes or so but having 2 people handle that room might work more efficiently, having another experienced waiter/waitress instead of the bus boy would be money well spent and solve the dining experience of others and their review issues. We all enjoyed our appetizers, from calamari, eggplant and mussels all were great! Our dinners were appealing to the eye and great tasting. We had a dinner request of no salt, it wasn't a problem. Maybe the dessert menu could use a little help a few more selections, maybe a carrot cake:) we tried a few, lemon berry cake, red velvet and tiramisu and they were all good.We found the prices reasonable. We didn't actually see the dance floor but understand there is one. It was pretty noisy once you hit the back stairway to go up to the bar but we couldn't hear any of it downstairs while we were eating dinner and wouldn't have known there were so many people up there if we hadn't checked it out. They also have an area to do functions/catering. There are also great porches off the front to sit out in when weather allows with beautiful views of the ocean. Overall a great time would go back again. Waterfront just needs a more efficient way measure the traffic flow for better scheduling, patrons aren't the issue here there were plenty. And, while we didn't mind the 3hrs t for dinner for others it could be a problem. That's an easy fix and one I hope they'll try.

• Visited October 2013