“Feels like you're staying with family!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
73C Warren Ave., Plymouth, MA 02360   |
Ranked #2 of 19 Plymouth B&B and Inns
“Feels like you're staying with family!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The service, rooms, and food were all great. The best part was the innkeeper. She was so kind and helpful. She took time out her day to show my financée and me around the city, in addition to giving us a ride somewhere. It was such a great experience.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

"The MOST important thing people should know about this innkeeper" is that her goal is to provide a home away from home for each visitor. Anywhere I looked I saw the special touches to make our stay comfortable and memorable. We arrived later than expected and were welcomed warmly. We often try to stay at B&B's in order to experience the flavor of the area.... and right from our first conversation by phone we knew we had found a gem! thank you Sandy, we can head back home refreshed and well cared for. Louise.....for Bob too

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The most important thing people should know about this innkeeper is that she insists on bringing her faith in to every conversation. I suppose that is fine if you are very Christian and want to discuss the bible, but I wish I had know about this before I went to stay there. The B&B is fine. It looks like a suburban house. It has a nice garden in back, with several parking spaces and my room was comfortable, with an attached bath. The house sits on a busy road, then across the road is the shore, so my room had a nice view. But I was made to feel very uncomfortable because I was brought up to believe that one does not discuss politics or religion with acquaintances. As soon as I arrived, the innkeeper asked me about my plans for my stay in Plymouth. Then she suggested a few tour guides who gave tours with a "Christian perspective." I never said anything to suggest that that was what I wanted. I quickly changed the subject. At breakfast the next morning, the innkeeper monopolized the conversation by discussing the Bible the entire time! Some of the other guests tried to introduce other topics that might be of interest to everyone, but it was no use. The food was very good, and the innkeeper was kind enough to ask if I had any diet restrictions and alter my food accordingly, which I appreciate. I can't say this B&B was all bad, but the innkeeper's inappropriate behavior made me very uncomfortable and I cannot recommend this place to anyone, unless they really enjoy Bible talk with strangers.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
live2travel2gether, Owner at Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
It is a top priority of mine to ensure each and every guest feels at home in our B and B. Additionally, I do my best to provide professional services to our guests. Therefore, I am sorry you felt uncomfortable. With the recent passing of my mother and the challenging health of a family member, the strength I gain from my faith has equipped me to move forward with hope and a positive outlook.
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We recently had the pleasure of staying at Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast for 4 nights. We had the entire 3rd floor to ourselves and the accomodations were outstanding. The entire house was lovely and Sandy was the best hostess. Her breakfasts were feasts. She is also a wealth of information and steered us to one of her friends that gives walking tours of downtown Plymouth. That was the best $20 we spent. Leo was a so informative and I learned so much history in the 90 minutes we spent with him. I would certainly recommend Sandy and Above the Bay for a restful, peaceful, and delicious stay in the Plymouth area.

Room Tip: Our top floor room (actually a 3 room suite) was spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Loveland, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed with Sandy and Ron (the owners) during Thanksgiving week. What a great experience for us. We truly enjoyed our time there and actually did not want to leave.

If you are looking for a great B&B that is also a great value in Plymouth, call Sandy at Thornton Adams. We are glad we did. We hope to return to Plymouth again, and it is a no-brainer about where we will stay.

Gary F.
Loveland, CO

Room Tip: We stayed in the "blue room" which is pictured here. It was great and had a view of the o...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Our family had a wonderful stay at this B & B. The room we stayed in was large, clean and decorated lovely. Breakfasts (which we enjoyed at the same table with other guests) were so delicious! We looked forward to breakfast each morning!! The hostess, Sandy, was so warm and accommodating, making the stay extra nice. She consistently offered traveling tips and discount passes which were so valuable in making our trip go smoothly! She was also wonderful with our 6 year old daughter. Would highly recommend this B & B.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Blue Ridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this lovely seacoast B & B. Sandy was so warm and friendly. She had good knowledge on restaurants and visiting the area. Breakfasts were delicious, and coffee ready early in the morning. Breakfast is family style, in that we all sat together around the table, but Sandy plated and served the meal. Our room was on the first floor, and we could see the harbor. If we are in the Plymouth area again, we'd like to stay in one of the second floor rooms, where the view is even better.
We usually don't sleep well in a different bed, but the bed was comfortable and we slept well.
Thanks Sandy, for a special few days at your lovely home.
We recommend this B & B.

Room Tip: We were able to view the rooms, and all are nice. The second floor has a better view of the harbor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Above the Bay at Thornton Adams Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!