“Worthy of a special occasion” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Patrizia's Italy Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 183 Restaurants in Plymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Court Street
Description: Patrizia's is an authentic European Italian restaurant located in Plymouth's historic waterfront. We believe in the Italian culinary tradition of cooking “secondo la stagione,” which is based on seasonally available produce and the daily catch, featuring hearty dishes in the cold winter months and lighter fare in spring and summer. Come and discover the dolce vita!
Palm Springs, California
“Worthy of a special occasion”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

An authentic taste of real Italian cuisine. I visited Italy a few years ago and longed for a local restaurant that served true Italian food without driving into a big city. Based on the reviews, we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed. The waiter, Devon, brought us a basket with 4 slices of fresh Italian bread, and a dish of 4 olives and extra virgin olive oil served with a spoon. We ordered a "special" appetizer which was antipasti for 2, $14. It had two delicious miniature fresh crab cakes, one with a red pepper coulis and the other with a lemon-curry tarragon sauce. There were a half dozen baby mozzarella balls and roasted cherry tomatoes, and thin slices of 3 delicious Italian meats. It didn't seem like a lot of food but it did the job and awakened our palates for our entrees .My husband ordered Aragosta e Gamberi Ravioli con Basilico e Brandy $20 which was a flavorful freshly made ravioli filled with lobster and shrimp, served with a brandy cream sauce and cherry tomatoes. I had Pappardelle with 3 large shrimp and 3 pan seared sea scallops in lemon vodka sauce served over melt- in -your -mouth fresh egg noodles. I wanted to lick my plate! $21 The waiter recommended the most delicious white wine to go with it. $10 per) I ordered tira misu for dessert to go, ($8) and it was delicious later at home. The food couldn't have been better, the service was quick and attentive. Sure this isn't the Olive Garden, it's a place for true foodies to enjoy. It's also more money than I would like to spend but it was worth every dime. We dined outside on the patio and there were 5 tables for 4 set up. You are sitting elbow to elbow with other patrons and we didn't enjoy sitting next to a rather boisterous group. But that it not the restaurant's fault. I took a peek at the lunch menu and noted that there is a variety of Panini for $8 and $9. By the way, free parking and the place is located in a quaint shopping mall on the Plymouth waterfront. I look forward to returning for lunch, and for our next special dinner. It truly is an unforgettable gem.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“id give it a second chance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2010

My husband and i decided to dine at this new restaurant in plymouth on a chilly wednesday night, instead of our usual Blue Eyed Crab. We were first to be seated in this small but cozy restaurant. I was not impressed with our initial greeting. The woman who sat us seemed rude and abrupt as she brought us to our table and said in a rude tone "She'll be right with you". Not even a name of who our server would be. I watched her do this to at least 4 other tables. I knew that id be enjoying a glass of wine here so when i asked for a wine list i was surprised when the waitress said there wasnt one. I asked her to tell me what the had and she asked what i wanted. I could go red or white depending on what a place has so i asked her to tell me all of them and she seemed annoyed. I believe i ordered a shiraz but i cant quite remember. We ordered the antipasto for an appetizer and were surprised at how little food was on the plate. Not to mention the quarter sized crab cakes were kind of a joke. I ordered the portabello stuffed raviolis and my husband the sirloin. I will say he quite enjoyed his steak, cooked perfectly and seasoned well. My raviolis, on the other hand, were just ok. During our meal we noticed Patrizia come into the dining room at least 3 times to visit with customers, one that was right next to us. She did not acknowledge us. We then were told of the desserts and i asked if the tirimisu was home made. The waitress said she wasnt sure but i ordered it anyway. Now heres where i got upset. I mentioned before that it was a chilly night. My husband was wearing a wool hat and when we came in and continued to wear it our entire meal. We had been there for over an hour, had ordered dessert, when the bartender came out from behind the bar to our table and stated that the owner did not like hats to be worn in the restaurant and asked if he would remove it. He did without hesitation. I on the other hand was quite upset that this was done so far into our visit there. No signs about dress code, the woman who sat us and the waitress said nothing. My husband was fine with it and calmed me down until, as we were leaving, i saw an older gentleman sitting at the bar ( it was the bartender who asked him to remove his hat) wearing a white baseball hat. I felt completely discriminated againt as a younger couple. Little did they know that i am a bartender at another very popular restaurant who sends people to other dining places all the time. When people ask me how it is at patrizias i dont have great things to say. I would love to try this place again and have a better experience because i have heard wonderful things about it. Im just hesitant to go running back in anytime soon.

Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Wonderful Food and Incredible Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2010

This is the first time I've ever been inspired to write a review of any restaurant. My husband and I went to Patrizia's for the first time this evening and it was amazing. The food and wine were great, the best food I've had in Plymouth, and the ambiance is wonderful -- warm and elegant and cozy. The service was absolutely incredible. We brought our 2 month old daughter along, which was a gamble, but I really needed to get out of the house and to see other adults. The owner actually came over and insisted on holding my daughter so that I could eat! She sat down with us and chatted and was so warm and kind and made us feel like family. She also went over to all the other customers and asked how their meals were, and if they needed everything. The staff fostered an atmosphere of absolute warmth, and we talked to many of the other customers throughout dinner (we were sitting outside so it was less formal than inside). At one point I left the restaurant to go feed my daughter...our waiter came and found me to let me know that my food was ready, and to ask if I wanted them to keep it warm. My husband raved about his meal the entire walk home, and I was so grateful to have been treated so kindly. I intend to be a regular at Patrizia's.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
massachusetts
“Boston's Northend on the Southshore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We went here again last night. Arrived around 8pm and we were the last to leave. Even though they closed at 10:00pm, we did not finish our coffee until 10pm, but the staff never rushed us. Grati, Devin!

We had the portobello mushroom stuffed with lobster and crab for the appetizer, the stuffed sea bass special (simply gorgeous), and the spinach fettucine with salmon and brandy cream sauce special (lush).

A wonderfully leisurely dining experience. Highly recommended

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Maine
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

OMG! Just had dinner at Patrizias Trattoria in Plymouth, Ma. We are well traveled, eat at many very upscale, fine restaurants across the US and we just found a true gem here. This is a small but lovely Italian restaurant with incredible food. Hubby ordered the Crab Cioppino (one of the specials for the night) and I ordered the homemade gnocchi. Both were fabulous!
We also ordered the tomato/mushroom bruchetta which was very good. Although we were quite full, we couldn't help but order dessert - good as well. BUT - more importantly - the service!...the attention to detail...AMAZING! Every little detail was well thought out and attended to. I could go on and on and explain all the little details but suffice it to say that it was very impressive. It was comparable to being at a five star restaurant. The good news? Prices were more comparable to being at a small, family, local restaurant - extremely reasonable for such quality in both food and service.
Also - small/comfortable enough to go casual if you'd like. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS PLACE!
We will definitely come again when visiting SF.
“un vrai régal”