“out of controll free for all” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Ellis Haven Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Plymouth
Ellis Haven Campground
You added Ellis Haven Campground to your Saves list
531 Federal Furnace Rd., Plymouth, MA 02360   |
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“out of controll free for all”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

this place was terrible i went last year as a guest to a mobile home in a secluded section we had a great time but this year we put up a tent in the tent section wow what a big mistake first we got there no shade we where ina hot feild no shade dogs barking from 2.30 am till 7am well it never stopped every hour ruffff ruffffff rooooowww roooooow i own a dog but if your dog barks out of controll get a sitter drunk party goewers till 3 am yelling like they never been in the woods? the swimming was good fishing was fun lots kids activitys like waching drunks chug beer till they puke fights this is a place for party animals not family camping and please pick up your dog poop thats gross never again im warning you dont put up a tent here rent a cabin no privacy loud dirty filthy place go ahead check it out if you dare too

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Business
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We stayed at Ellis Haven and found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating. Five Cabins were all beautifully updated this year (2011) and I would definatey rent them. The beach was clean. Bathrooms and showers were immaculate. Ellis Haven is my favorite family camping place in Plymouth. The activities director does an awsum job. I highly recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We stayed at Ellis Haven for the long July 4th weekend. I was a bit nervous when I read the negative reviews... but figured we'd give it a go anyway.
I can see why people either love it, or hate it.
First... we were tenting in a seasonal site that hadn't been rented, so we were the only tent amongst semi-permanent trailers. I was a bit unsure of this at first, but our "neighbors" were REALLY friendly and welcoming. However... everyone did seem to be packed in like sardines in the regular tent/trailer rental sites. I'm very glad I wasn't over there. It was loud, had no shade, and not at all private. Our site (in the red area) was private, and shaded, and we had a very short walk to the bathrooms... but we didn't have a fire-pit. that was surprising to me for a campsite.
There were two catch and release fishing ponds... the boys LOVED fishing there.
The beach area for swimming was clean and enjoyable. It was crowded for the holiday weekend, but what beach isn't. There is a shallow dock for the younger kids to jump off of, and 3 other docks out deep for teens/adults. There is no lifeguard, so you MUST watch your own children. There is a LOT for the kids to do, and they do aim to please families.
Overall the pro's were that the campground was clean, staff and campers were friendly and helpful, and there was a lot for the kids to do.
The con's were that it is crowded, if you are in that central blue area you can forget about any privacy. The bathrooms were clean... but old and run down. They failed to mention that they had coin operated showers and that they were temperamental... I lost quite a few quarters. The airport traffic is loud... this didn't bother me, but I can see how it would bother some people. Overall it isn't a "bad" place. We were there for 2 nights (originally planned on staying 3) and that was enough for us. The kids had fun, but there was a lot of noise and traffic for someone who was looking for a quiet camping weekend. If we did decide to go back, I'd be sure to ask or a shaded site off the beaten path... and I wouldn't stay on a holiday weekend, and I'd remember to bring quarters!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011 via mobile

It is amazing and I go every year ! My daughter actually wanted to go her INSTEAD Of a foreign country! The kids make a bunch of friends, ride on bikes,and get a lot of exercise! The rules are enforced for those that are drunk, loud, and disturbing! It's clean and fun! I would recommend this to ANYONE ! kids or no kids!! It was awesome

• Stayed July 2011
Amherst, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

My girl friend and I had recently left Cape Cod on a cross-country bicycle tour and got caught off guard by a series of large thunder storms in the Plymouth area. After watching a lightening strikeset the historic Mayflower ship in Plymouth harbor on fire, we realized that we needed to find a place to seek shelter for the night as the store was only getting worse. I quickly got on the phone with a staff member at Ellis Haven (the first campground listed in the phone book) who was able to not only give me accurate directions to the camp but was more than friendly when we arrived a half-hour later by hooking us up with the most convienant site without any hassle even though we had no reservations and the camp was completely booked. When we woke up in the morning, we were dismayed to have to pack up and continue our jounry only because we were leaving such a nicely equipped camping park. Had we been staying in the area longer, we would have easily been able to enjoy the numerous lakes and swimming ponds as well as the close proximity to Plymouth and the number of historic attractions in the area. We will absolutely be back as soon as we are back east.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

We chose to stay at Ellis Haven the weekend after Memorial Day. It was perfect! Office staff was very friendly and accomodationg. We had a wonderful time Relaxing and seeing the natural beauty of all the ponds and fishing. We went to the beach which had recently been groomed with beach sand. The sports bar rivaled most sports bars in Boston! We went up to watch the Bruins Playoff game. The bathrooms were spotless which is huge for me. Can't wait to come back in July!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2011

I stayed at Ellis Haven this Memorial Day Weekend and was pleasantly surprised! Beautiful front entrance way really gave me a sense of Cape Cod. The staff was friendly and curtious. All ammenities were clean especially shocking for being such a busy holiday weekend. My kids had a great time with lots to do. They especially loved the dances on Saturday and Sunday Night, good for all ages. We stayed behind the baseball field area not much grass but clean level site. I couldn't be happier and already booked for next year!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to Ellis Haven Campground? Share your experiences!