“Great location on the water - Get the sesame crusted tuna!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Great location on the water - Get the sesame crusted tuna!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My boyfriend and i went on Memorial day so it was really crowded. We got lucky and got two seats at the bar right away.(they were still warm. LOL!) The view is awesome but I think there is a fueling station for boats next door because a couple of times we were inundated with noxious odors of fuel. The bartenders were seriously out-numbered and service was slow albeit friendly. I got the sesame crusted tuna which was awesome and b.f. got burger which he enjoyed. There was a lovely duo playing guitar and singing and the whole place enjoyed them. We met some cool people at the bar and conversation easily flowed. I dont know how much tab was cause I didnt pay but it all seemed very reasonable for the location. I would enjoy returning at a less crowded time.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kingston, Massachusetts, United States
“Mediocre Food, Terrible Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at Union Fish three times, each one progressively worse than the previous. The reason we kept going back was because the view of the harbor is great and its a nice place to sit outside.

Here are some basic takeaways for the restaurant:
1) The service is incredibly slow, expect to wait 5 - 15 minutes for drinks; bar drinks take way too long, even just glasses of wine.
2) The wait staff gets orders wrong all the time; want gin and tonic? hope you like vodka and tonic.
3) The menu is great and the food would be too if it were prepared well. We have gotten everything from cold dishes to burnt fish.
4) The whole place is poorly managed; the wait staff are kids, they have no interest in doing a good job, and there isn't a good manager to help keep them motivated and things moving.

Here is what happened the last time we ate here:
My wife, mother and I went here for an early dinner on a Saturday night. Our table outside that we were seated at had not been cleaned. We waiting 5 minutes to get menus, another 10 minutes to place a drink order. Our drinks arrived 30 minutes after we had been seated. We ordered appetizers which we got an hour into the meal, they were cold. Nothing tastes quite as gross as a cold pig in a blanket. When our meal came out, it was pretty terrible. The Lobster Mac and Cheese was ALL claw meat; it tasted awful. My mother's halibut was still cold in the middle and my wife's salmon was grossly overcooked and over seasoned. I was drinking Gin and Tonic, the bar ran out of carbonation, the waitress proceeded to give me flat drinks rather than ask if I wanted anyting else. We ordered dessert and it arrived close to two hours into our meal. We also ordered decaf coffee with our dessert and were very surprised when we realized that she had brought us tea instead. When we complained about the entire experience, the waitress explained that "saturday's are really busy nights and maybe we should come on a less busy night like tuesday". Really? Seriously?

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Love the view, delicious food, & service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is the 2nd time in one week that I was there. I have always had a great experience, whether it was Union Fish or Mayflower..Recently had drinks & appetizers with friends. Yum, yum,. spinach & artichoke dip...Excellent. Today a burger. Yum... Food & Service great. Oh, yeah...the atmosphere, views....Oh, my God...Excellent.

Los Angeles, California, USA
“delicious seafood place hidden within the Brewer Marina lot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This is one of those hidden gems that was classy, fantastic food, with great views, and an overall delight. You have to walk through the boat/marina lot and will miss it if you don't pay attention to the signs. Try the tuna tartar and the grilled fish tacos- delicious!

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great food, great service, great views”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Union Fish is a great restaurant. It has changed names and owners over the years, but has always maintained its status as a great restaurant. Had drinks and an appetizer there today with friends. The spinach and artichoke dip is great and the Sangria was really good. It was a beautiful day to look at the beautiful harbor while we enjoyed each other's company. Denise is a great waitress. She is courteous, funny, and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure her customers are satisfied with their dining experience. Highly recommend!