“great salmon” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Plainville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Family Fare
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: First opened January 2, 1996 the Tavern quickly came to be a staple for the locals and a destination for the out of town visitors. Between the homey and inviting atmosphere created in the light of the warmth of our home and the delectable dishes presented with portions true to the meaning of home cooking hospitality, it is no wonder that the Tavern From Tower Square remains on the map as one of the areas most consistent, most affordable and most enjoyable restaurants to enjoy day after day, year after year.
North Attleboro, Massachusetts
“great salmon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My wife and I have been coming to resturant for years and its the best!!!The salmon is so so good and the butternut squash is out of this world.They have redone the bar and on Fridays and Saturday they have live music its very good we enloy it. The owners are also very nice and the bar man is kevin also part of the family. Just a great place!!

Visited January 2013

North Attleboro
“Very comfortable.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went to The Tavern for a girls' night out. Had a great waitress, Lynn, who was great. The appetizer we had was good, but the Seafood Risotto was wonderful.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
foxboro
“Dinner out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went with another couple,Waitress was excellent,Called ahead ( a definite) and probably waited 15 minutes for table,Ordered scallops,haddock,shrimp plates all were excellent,Price little up there but once in a while its worth it.Had gift card so that helped.Would go back.My favorite was the scallops.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We enjoyed a family dinner here recently.
The restaurant itself is rather outdated and looks like it needs some renovation.
But you're coming here for the food, which is excellent!
The menu has a very good choice.
A lot of us tried the good variety of seafood dishes, which we all thought were delicious.
Price wise, it's definitely more expensive than other local restaurants, but you get a salad and side dish included, so actually it's very good value.
Service was great. Friendly and efficient!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Milford, Massachusetts
“They continue to surprise me...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I've been coming to "The Tavern" for many years now and they continue to surprise me. Owner's Kevin & Eileen Hodgman have assembled a staff 2nd to none in the area. Their waitstaff are the friendliest of any restaurant I've ever been to. Although the physical building may seem a little dated by the 'younger crowd', I think it has a quaintness and charm of an old roadhouse eatery with the bonus of serene views out the back windows of a small lake with swans. I'm sure many people race down Route1 passing by it's unassuming facade. No chrome, glass or neon to catch your eye and lure you in but for those who do come in and try one of Executive-Chef Kevin's signature dishes, I can assure you it won't be your last visit. The quality and quantity you receive for you money can't be beat. I believe they have live nightly entertainment as well. Any restaurant can have an 'off night' but I can honestly say I have never had a bad meal there. Their Seafood Chowder is to die for; it's one of my guilty little pleasures. Last evening along with my wife I had my Aunt and a cousin there to celebrate my Aunt's 89th Birthday. Our Hostess Eileen showed us to our table and we had Rhonda as our waitress who couldn't have been more helpful and patient with my Aunt. We had 4 different meals all of which were superb. Even Jessica, another waitress stopped by to say 'Happy Birthday' and exchange pleasantries with her for a few moments. I thought that was special but I'm not surprised as they are all really that nice. Listen, if you looking here at The Trip Advisor for honest recommendations for a great restaurant, (not 1 of a chain), in the Plainville area, STOP!! Look no further than 119 Washington Street, Plainville. (Route 1 on the south side). If you're going to be in the area for a Pats Game, The Tavern is maybe 7-8 miles south of Gillette Stadium. You won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012