“Everything I wanted, and more.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Pittsfield
New York City, New York
“Everything I wanted, and more.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My daughter and I had a truly wonderful experience here. This is a full-service hotel. FYI, my daughter had oral surgery prior to our visit and I wanted a place for us to rest and recover. We slept and watched TV in our room, but most of all, we had access to the facilities--the lovely pool, the gym, and the many in-house and nearby opportunities for dining. I used some of them when she could not. Our room was quiet and warm and our beds were comfortable. Service was prompt when we needed it, even off hours, for example when we needed more towels after swimming. We enjoyed the staff at breakfast and at the desk, truly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Easthampton, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

The place was built in the 70's and as such is not on par with the newer places you may have stayed. That being said it was clean and the staff were friendly. It is a skip to a great Irish Pub where we ate and indulged in a few cocktails as we were walking. The room was toasty warm on a freezing windy night in the Berkshires. Noise was the only complaint I could muster if asked and that was from the rude neighbors slamming doors in the wee hours. I would go back there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Dear Betsy315,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Our hotel is committed to providing our guests with the highest quality services and facilities. I appreciate your positive feedback on the level of cleanliness, friendly staff and comfortable rooms. However, I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced caused by the noise. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. We take all reviews very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P
seacoast, nh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I should have know something was up when there were printed signs stating "No hockey sticks of any size allowed in the hotel" the place was packed with youth hockey kids and parents.

Our room was in the courtyard around the pool. After returning from dinner around 7PM, the pool area was complete madness with jumping, yelling kids - 12 packed into the adult only hottub) with no consideration of the rooms less than 12 feet away. This went on until about 9:30 PM when some of the kiddos and their families heading to their rooms in other parts of the hotel, great I thought as I headed down at 9:45, they are packing up, I can get a relaxing soak in. No, no I could not - security came along and told us to clear out, pool area was closing - I tried to plead my case that until now I could not get into the hot tub area due to the rambuctous kids.

If my compnay wasn't paying for this one night stay, I would have made a complaint, but now I know to ask if they are hosting groups for any event before I complete checking in.

Room Tip: check if there are any large groups before completing check in
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear brucelegs,

Thank you for sharing your recent staying experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced.

We strive to provide a clean and comfortable environment for our valued guests to enjoy while staying with us and it is clear we did not in your experience. We will review our internal procedures to ensure that such a situation does not occur again. The City did have a large soccer competition during the time you were here. We try to ask that they refrain from running around the Hotel and be mindful of our other guests, but sometimes, we cannot reach all of them and we're so sorry it disrupted your stay.

Again, thank you for bringing these issues to our attention and we appreciate you choosing to stay with us! If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask.

Regards,

Brenda Johnson
Ocean City, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We teach courses at a company near Pittsfield so we arrived with a baggage cart of luggage, textbooks, student handouts, clothes for a week, etc. Joe, an early-twenties guy at the front desk, saw us wheel all this up to the front counter and instead of asking "can I help you with that luggage" or something similar, said in a snide voice "moving in"? I left the hotel manager a voicemail about that snarky comment but, in 4 days there, never got a reply, phone call, apology, etc. Even though the hotel was only at perhaps 25% occupancy when we checked in, the room we were given had a the sink in the bathroom that was about 2 feet off the floor (hit me below mid-thigh); being 6'2" I had an awful time bending down to shave. Stark contrast to last year when older people ran the front desk, were friendly and knew what they were doing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear PickyMack,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the interaction at check in prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We do appreciate your high scores for Cleanliness and Sleep Quality, We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they help us to identify areas of improvement for you and all future guests. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Attended a two day conference at the hotel, the room we had was a corner unit with a king that was exceptionally large. The bed was bit tired and lumpy with a large section of pillows that appeared to be the same firmness (we're not labelled). Did not eat at the hotel, or anywhere near the hotel because there were no places to. The pool is NOT accessible or children rated as there were no steps to walk in/out of the pool.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Lehighton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I just don't get the negative ratings! I have had nothing but safe clean rooms, friendly staff in a beautiful location, and great service at this hotel! Always a pleasure! My room had a brand new bathroom, beautiful furniture and was very quiet even on a busy weekend! Parking lot is being redone and is close, clean and being modernized!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is the only 3 star hotel in Pittsfield. Since it was almost $200 per night maybe my expectations were too high. Nothing fancy, clean and comfortable but that's about it. I was expecting a lot more for my money.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Pittsfield, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Hisfriend,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We would like to apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Been to Crowne Plaza Pittsfield? Share your experiences!