“Reasonable” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Hamburgers
Patchogue, New York
“Reasonable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

I found 99 to be pretty much what one would expect from this sort of place. To me it wasn't fine dining, but it was predictable. Personally I felt it suffered from the same thing al the places like this do TOO MUCH SALT. These places put salt on everything to enhance the flavors, giving a false sense of the food being tasty. Don't get me wrong, 99 delivers exactly what it promises, and for that I give it a recommendation. From the health side of the equation, however, it falls into the ditches like all the other predictable chains. Would I go back again? Not likely, but I surely wouldn't wish them to close either. I just wish that people would refine their palates so that they would demand better prepared food, not the quick and easy salted product that too many mass merchandisers feel we want, but shouldn't really have. And as someone of a certain age, I get put off by places where the servers who are young enough to be my grandchildren, call my wife and I "Guys" and insist on buddying up, at least until the order is taken, where they drift off to their next new buddy.

• Visited April 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Western Massachusetts
“Love to take the family here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

The 99 restaurant chain is a very reliable chain for both service (usually) and food. I typically prefer the 99 over Applebees when we're looking for a quick fix for dinner. You know what you're going to get every time - decent food in a family friendly atmosphere. We bring the kids here a lot because it's one of their favorites. When the Sox win the kids eat free, too. Call ahead seating is an added bonus when trying to get in on a busy Friday or Saturday night. Giving the restaurant a rating of very good, but that is keeping in mind it is being rated for what it is (not compared to finer dining).

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lenox, Massachusetts
“Surprisingly good simple food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food at the Ninety Nine. The atmosphere is pretty dark and average at best, but the service and food made up for it.

We ordered a salad with strawberries and grilled chicken and a portabella mushroom sandwich with fries. Both were very good and the fries exceptional. The salad was very fresh with just the right amount of dressing. The mushroom was cooked to a firm texture on good tasting roll.

The fries were just about perfect. Very crisp and golden on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside with the right amount of seasoning.

Prices were low as well. A very good place to stop.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Love Pub 99! Especially...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

Love Pub 99! Especially the smothered steak tips yummm. We wish we had one in FLORIDA!!!!!

Windsor, Massachusetts
“not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2009

food was just ok however, overpriced. Kind of dark, seedy and had a dirty feeling Don't think I'll be back