“Five Stars - Tucked Away in Pittsfield” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Five Stars - Tucked Away in Pittsfield”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2009

I completely agree with Travellingdog's review - this place is excellent for a nice dinner in the Berkshires. The service is attentive and the food is delectable. My husband ordered the crab and shrimp ravioli, which was creamy and rich; I had the steamed shellfish in a red sauce, which was perfectly cooked and seasoned just right. We got a bottle of wine and each had a dessert, and the bill was around $115. I'd say it was a little overpriced on some items. Great find in small Pittsfield, MA!

• 5 of 5 stars Food

enyday18
“Didn't even get to eat”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2009

I went here with a very good friend of mine. We stood by the door waiting to be seated for half an hour before someone even came over to us. Finally we were seated and given water the waiter walked away and we didn't see him for 20 minutes. After reviewing the menu we decided it was soooo not worth it, The prices were absolutly ridiculous. There was a plate of clams for $30.00.

“Fabulous Meal!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2009

We ate here based on the recommendation of friends who lived in the Pittsfield area for several years. They recommended that we get the whole fish that is stuff with herbs and high roasted in the wood fired oven so my husband got that and I got the swordfish special. We also got the grilled calamari appetizer and shared a canoli for dessert.

Everything was excellent. The grilled calamari was perfectly done and served on a bed of greens. It was an ample enough serving that we were able to split it and be satisfied. Both fish dishes were great. We never would have ordered the whole fish had our friends not recommended it. The server was great and offered to debone it for us and we gratefully accepted. The fish was still a bit boney, but that is the price you pay for something that is this good. My swordfish was surprisingly thin (less than a half inch thick), but perfectly grilled and delicious.

The canoli was a bit sweet for our tastes so you were not able to taste the tang of the cheeses. I was surprised when the waitress said that they import the canoli filling?? I had the Grappa Camomila as an after dinner drink and it was delicious.

The waitress made an excellent wine recommendation to go with our fish entrees.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, NY
“We felt like we were in Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2009

We had a bit of a hard time finding the place, but it proved to be worth the effort. The atmosphere was romantic and dimly lit, full of authentic details that left us reminiscing of our trip to Italy last year. The food was just as good. The bread had a thick, crispy crust and the olive oil with basil was a nice touch. I had the grilled calamari, which was perfectly cooked, and the linguini puttanesca was delicious. My partner enjoyed a fresh salad and ravioli, which seemed homemade, and was light and tasty. We ended our meal with a cool limoncello and the fruit bomba. The pasta dishes are reasonably priced, but expect to pay a minumum of ten or twelve dollars for a glass of wine. Overall, well worth it.

Lexington, Kentucky
“Excellent authentic Italian Restaurant in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

I recently dined in this restaurant while visiting my parents who live in the area. It is a restaurant that they enjoy, and I had been there once before years ago and recalled enjoyed it as well. I was a little ambivalent about going this time due to the reviews I read here, but I certainly trusted my parent's judgment since they have dined out almost every night ever since I can remember. Their only negative comment was about the cost, not the food, service or decor, which they liked very much.

The restaurant has a very pleasant and warm feeling when you enter it. There is red brick everywhere, and you step down into it, like dining in an old beautiful wine cellar (not that there is wine all around, but similar feeling). It is an excellent atmosphere for a romantic evening (not for me on this night of course, but some other time).

The food is authentic Italian, with pastas, but with grilled items as well, not generic chain Italian restaurant fare, so it might not be entirely what one is expecting. I had an organic pork tenderloin which was fantastic as my entree, and the appetizer and desert selections are quite nice as well. There are ample wine selections by the glass, and although there have been some complaints in these reviews about the price per glass, the prices were in line with what I expect to pay for a decent glass of wine in a nice restaurant. Overall dinner price was reasonable for the quality of food, atmosphere and service, although it is a little high for every day dining for most people (myself included) but reasonable for the nice meal of the week or for celebrating. I would definitely return again.