“Seems high end but not overpriced” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Merrimac, Massachusetts
“Seems high end but not overpriced”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were in Pittsfield, MA for a baseball game and stopped at Zucchini's for supper before the game. The place had a very nice atmosphere. I loved the tables, the booths were so big, not overcrowding. I had a specialty salad that was on the specials menu and my husband had the chicken parmesan. He said the sauce was kind of plain but it still tasted good. He prefers a very chunky sauce. The bread was nice and hot. The staff was very attentive also. I would definitely go back again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Waltham, Massachusetts
“One of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

Zucchinis is a terrific restaurant. The food is excellent (try the bruschetta and fried zucchini appetizers) and the service is impeccable. At one point, our waitress was in the kitchen picking up orders and I happened to look around for her and within a minute, another waiter came to the table and inquired if we needed anything. This is the kind of team service other restaurants should have.
For vegetarians, there are also several meatless options, which is not always the case in Italian restaurants. I had a fantastic penne topped with grilled vegetables that was absolutely delicious Try this restaurant and you'll become a regular there, I'm sure. And be sure to have one or two of their amazing desserts (we had the strawberry shortcake and the expresso-cookie ice cream).
I was also surprised by the bill -- it was much less inexpensive than I expected.
One suggestion for the restaurant. Please serve Cappuccino. It would top off the meal perfectly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Albany, NY
“Wow - Expected Average, Encountered Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My wife and I are regulars at Mario's New Lebanon and we have always wanted to try Zucchini's Restaurant since the cook and part owner at Mario's also owns Zucchini's here. We went on a Tuesday, not because Mario's was closed, but for the reason that it just worked out and my wife now works around the corner in Pittsfield. We arrived this rainy Tuesday evening and sat at the bar for dinner. We ordered the veggie chips and sauce and they were very tasty. The bartender was very accommodating, but not very talkative (which we didn't mind).

I ordered the veal Marsala and my wife ordered the Salmon. Both entrees were amazing. My veal Marsala was to die for - delicious. The potato creation alongside of the veal and salmon was amazing too. The prices are less than at Mario's (which really shocked us) and the food as good if not better (I am partial to veal Marsala, so I may be biased and they don't have this exact dish/flavor at Mario's).

We will now be regulars at Zucchini's as this was a total pleasant surprise vs. what we expected. Bottom Line: Great food, reasonable prices, great service, nice atmosphere. What else could one ask for...?!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carrollton, Virginia
“Asparagus Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I first heard about asparagus pizza, I was a little skeptical. Then I read the description on the menu ~wood-fired pizza with asparagus, oven-dried tomatoes, fontina and parmesan cheese with a balsamic drizzle~ and I was sold! And let me tell you, it is amazing! It was love at first bite! I went back several times while I was there for that alone. Zucchini's has a great little bar area, as well as a large dining room, but I mostly sat in the bar which has a quaint atmosphere. I know that my coworkers raved about all of the food there, but I cannot personally attest to that since it was only the asparagus pizza for me. :)

Visited August 2013
Hancock, Massachusetts, United States
“Italian in Pittsfield”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Had a wonderful meal in the cozy bar area of this restaurant. Tonight I had chicken marsala which was good, but I prefer their dishes with their marinara sauce. Service was quick and efficient. Danny, the bartender, works on Tuesdays. He pours a good drink and does a good job with the food orders. It is a friendly bar area with some booths along the end. The restaurant is large and can accommodate large groups. Good quality food and good pizza.

• Visited March 2014