“Service is overwhelmed” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Berkshires
“Service is overwhelmed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

I hate to agree with"I hate Patricks"but's right abt the service. Went with another couple at 5 pm on a Saturday night. W knw it would be busy as both the Colonial Theater and the Beacon Cinema had shows that evening.
As much as I wanted to like the place, the service was horrible and the food orders were wrong. 2 of us had to send back dinners which came 75 minutes after ordering. One had mayo which 3 times we asked to please hold and the ciabatta roll was charred black.
We couldn't even find our waitress as we never saw her again until the check.

Have eaten lunch there often but never again at night. Too bad because downtown Pittsfield had improved greatly in the last 2 years

69% Recommend
Pittsfield, MA
“I hate Patricks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

I urge people to stay out of this place. It is absolutely ridiculous how bad the service is and how poorly they treat their customers. I went there and ordered a greek salad, hold the onions and peppers, with grilled shrimp on the side. An HOUR AND FIFTEEN MINUTES LATER, I got a greek salad WITH onions and pepppers and warmed shrimp on the side. Decided just to eat the shrimp with cocktail sauce since it wasnt grilled. Anyway, I had to order a glass of wine from 2 different waitresses and it still took 15 minutes to get. I had also asked for water, that took a second request as well.
The best part is that after we wrapped up and settled the bill, I went to the bar to order a cocktail. I was DENIED because Patricks has a rule - "3 cocktails per customer." Okay, that is fine because I had two glasses of wine (which they dont consider cocktails) all set right? Wrong! The bartender tells me that I certainly can have the drink but I have to order it thru my waitress. I tell him that I already settled up with her (and frankly dont want to deal with her incompetence anymore). Doesnt matter...she needs to vouch that I have not had over my limit of cocktails. I inform him that I have not. He cant take my word for it. I am baffled. Oh and did I mention he never, ever cracks a smile...never.
What makes even less sense is that there is no limit on beer and wine. How does that make any sense whatsoever? So Joe Smith can go in and drink 20 bud lights but cant have 4 captain and cokes....is that logical at all?
The food is mediocre and for some strange reason the place is busy. I never understood it though. It's dark and dreary. The chairs and tables are old and without any character. The menu is boring. The service is terrible.
Stay away! I certainly will!

Schenectady
“Pub or Diner?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

We were up in Lee, MA and happened to end up in downtown Pittsfield, searching for a place for lunch. This is when we noticed Patrick's Pub. It looked neat on the outside, so we decided to give it a try. Once inside, we were confused. The brick walls/arches were pub-ish, yet the tables and carpeted floor reminded us of a dinner. The menu had everything from burgers to veal parm open-face sandwiches to scallops to quesidillas. In my experience, with so many different items, usually nothing is exceptional. At this point it was too late to abort, so we decided to be safe and order mozzerella sticks and wings. It took awhile to receive our food. When it came, the 2 of the mozzerella sticks had exploded and had no cheese (how hard is it to cook mozzerella sticks). Fortunately, the chicken wings were very good. But for $12.95 for 15 wings, they should be excellent. I thought they were over priced.

The Berkshires, Massachusetts
“Best Wings in the Berkshires”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2009

Right on Park Square in Pittsfield. This place has the best Buffalo Wings in Berkshire County. Entrees are excellent and fairly priced, and they have a large drink menu. The experienced staff is great (some of the new ones lack personality), and it's a relaxing environment. Make reservations during busy seasons and on nights when the Colonial Theatre is open. If there's an event happening downtown, request a table at the window. Patrick's is expanding soon to create a larger bar area and banquet room. If you're in the Berkshires, Patrick's Pub is a "must visit".

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook