“It is the best.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Pownal, Vermont, United States
“It is the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

There menu has a lot more choices. I really love the food at Applebee's.My husband is fussy when it comes to restaurants and he likes the food at Applebee's.
My mom and dad love Applebee's and every Christmas I get them a gift card. They really enjoy going there.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

57% Recommend
Great Barrington
“Don't bother, There are far better places to go”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

To whom it may concern
I am a quiet customer. I don’t complain I don’t act rude; I simply do not come back. When I decide that a company has raised my ire to the degree that I will no longer patronize their establishment, I tell all my friends. Now, in this internet age, I can not only tell my friends, but I can tell the world. Trust me when I say that this incident will be posted far and wide. I went to an Applebee’s Restaurant for a nice night out with my wife. We hadn’t been to Applebee’s in over ten years. The last time we went to Applebee’s I was so dissatisfied with the service that I said I would never go back.
My wife asked me to take her to Applebee’s because she had seen the commercials for their steak and wanted to try it. After much fuss I relented. We went in and ordered their 7oz steak dinner. The steak wasn’t bad nor was it great. The service was the same. I was beginning to think that I was being unfair all these years. Perhaps Applebee’s isn’t as bad as I thought it was. Then I got the check. Instead of the entrées being $25.90 as the price on the menu clearly stated, the price charged was $31.90.
Was this a simple accident? Was it a deliberate corporate technique for the company to get more money? Let’s look at it logically. This is the computer age. Everything is programmed onto a computer. The check is determined by a push of a button. The waitress did not program the computer, Applebee’s Corp. programmed it. If this was a simple accident then Applebee’s Corp. has made a lot of extra profit from people who don’t really look at or argue about the check. If this is a deliberate move to make more profit then it is illegal. Personally I don’t care one way or another. I will never patronize another Applebee’s again. There are too many other fine restaurants out there.
So, Applebee’s did make an extra six bucks on this “mistake”, but they will never get another dime from me. Not only that, but I will share this story with as many people as I can. To reiterate, I am a quiet customer. I don’t complain I don’t act rude; I simply do not come back. When I decide that a company has raised my ire to the degree that I will no longer patronize their establishment, I tell all my friends.
The Quiet Customer

• Visited February 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wiscasset, Maine
“Worst hamburger ever!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

My burger sucked.. and karaoke? Really? Awful! Burger was dry, sthin and the bread was terrible. Service was fine, drinks ok, but 2 hours of awful vocals drove people out. The burger drove me out.

Visited January 2012
The Berkshires
“eating the food was painful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I hardly go to chain restaurants but decided to take my annual trip to Applebee's and have no desire to return. The place was packed and perhaps others have discovered better tasting food on the menu but my selection was a strike out! I ordered the 7 ounce Applebee's steak with roasted red potatoes and vegetable medley. The steak came out well done and the veggies tasted horrible and they were hard. The potatoes were bland and under cooked. The steak was replaced with another well done piece ( it was suppose to be pink). The taste and quality of the meat was below average. Thank Goodness for A1
Sauce. The best part of my meal was the tap water which doesn't say much.

• Visited July 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Western Massachusetts
“Yup - It's an Applebees”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

It's your typical Applebees chain. What more can you expect? Service is usually for the most part good. The food at the Pittsfield location is a little under par compared to Applebees I've frequented at other locations, but not to the point that I would avoid the location. We'll continue to go when looking for a quick fix, especially when we have kids in tow.

• Visited May 2011