“silly play but funny” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 19 attractions in Pittsfield
Type: Theaters
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Barrington Stage Company (BSC) is a professional award-winning Equity theatre presenting top-notch musicals, masterful classics, thought-provoking new work, cabarets and youth theater on four stages from May through October as well as a New Play Festival in February. Co-founded in 1995 by Artistic Director Julianne Boyd, BSC is perhaps best known for premiering William Finn and Rachel Sheinkin’s Tony Award-winning musical "The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee" and was voted Best Theatre by "The Berkshire Eagle" readers in 2011 and 2012. BSC welcomes groups and offers senior and youth discounts.
Montreal, Canada
“silly play but funny”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

it was a silly play, but very funny and good acting . Actually we all laughed hysterically. It's very stuffy in theatre

Visited August 2012

Stephentown, New York
45 attraction reviews
“First time to the Barrington Stage”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Saw See How They Run on 8/10. First time to the theater. Called for seats and picked up at will call. Approx 525 seats. Sat in mezzanine. Good view. Doors open to outside at intermission which was nice. Took a peek in the adjacent antiques center. Several restaurants close by. No elevator/steep stairs to mezz.

Visited August 2012
Clifton Park, New York
9 attraction reviews
“Who knew such a place existed here?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We had never been to Pittsfield previously and frankly, driving from Albany to Pittsfield we were not so sure if we should continue and even thought about turning back as we headed further and further in to no man's land. (it is a beautiful drive though!). Nonetheless we had tickets to see the Dr. Ruth show this summer after a recommendation from a friend. When we arrived we were a little confused by the number and location of the stages, but the people at will call were helpful. After finally finding where we needed to be by walking through the run down town and sitting down in chairs in a theater that reminded us of community theater...we were a bit skeptical. But let me tell you... this was the BEST PLAY WE HAD EVER SEEN! We laughed, we cried, we laughed until we cried. The performance was AMAZING and the story even better. Now we can't wait to go back once we see another play that strikes our fancy. If you are in the area, check out what's playing and definitely give this place a try. Highly entertaining and high quality performances in the middle of nowhere.

Visited July 2012
Pittsfield
27 attraction reviews
“They are the best of the best TONY says so.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Make every effort if you are near the Berkshires to visit with Barrington Stage. A play or musical or reading they just do it the best. Fun downtown setting with a couple of building a full theater or a black box-type of space depending on the program.

Visited December 2011
Albany, New York
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have lived in the area my entire life and never knew about this theater. I was expecting to see a little stage, ok seats and an average performance. Boy was I wrong. Everything and I mean everything was perfect. The seats were comfortable, I don't think you could find a bad seat in the place. The performance was as good as what I have seen at Proctor's in Schenectady, NY. The ushers were friendly and helpful. The only thing I had a problem with is the air conditioning vents are on the floor under the seats, until I put my program over the vent, it was chilly. I would definitely recommend everyone pay a visit to this theater.

Visited July 2012