You added Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA to your Saves list
Earn Double Points!
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in McCandless
“Nice!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Location a little out of the way, but in an area that is growing. Excellent value for the price. Rooms spacious and clean. Kitchenette in every room. Wish they provided lotion & conditioner in the bathroom. Otherwise, great place to stay.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank You so much for sharing your experience with us! As you mentioned we are located in a growing community that has tons to offer! We are also located only about 15 minutes from downtown which makes us a great alterative to a downtown property and expensive parking . We appreciate your review on our spacious and clean suites. We hope to see you once again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Because of a mishap on the way to Pittsburgh, I spent all my time in the hotel or local hospital rather than at a family reunion, one which I had been happily anticipating. The hotel room was very comfortable, quiet, with a handy kitchen & livingroom so I wasn't confined to a dreary bedroom. It was pleasant & cheery, large enough to greet guests. It's worth far more than its price.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

We appreciate your feedback and are ecstatic that you found your stay to be Excellent. We are also happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious one bedroom suite while staying with us. Whether it by accident or not we were happy to have served you! Thank you once again and we look forward to having back in the very near future.
Aurora, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I walked into the room and was amazed at how clean and comfortable the room felt right away. The kitchenette was well equiped and everything you would need was right there. The staff were friendly and willing to accomodate special requests.

Review collected in partnership with Home2 Suites by Hilton

Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us about your most recent business trip here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh/McCandless. We appreciate the kind words. Please know we strive for Excellence and like to provide each guest with a hassle free, clean experience.

Thank you once again and please know we value your business!
IInglewood Ca, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for mother's funeral. Had such a fantastic stay stayed five extra days. The place is spotlessly clean, full refrigerator and dishwasher, beyond ample workplace and storage, saline pool kept spotless, eclectic modern decor which I loved! Breakfast was gourmet with unusual breakfast sandwiches, pancake toppings, fresh blueberries, Nutella, strawberry water with Acai! You never see this at hotel breakfasts. The staff, Audrey, mgr, kyle, assistant manager, tammi, holly, barb and jj went out of their ways to ensure comfort and exude friendliness. I thought I loved Hilton Garden Inns but I really loved this hotel. I stayed March 2014 and will return in May. Very convenient to restaurants, groceries and things to do.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your wonderful review regarding your most recent stay!!! I am very happy to hear that so many of our staff members were able to take such great care of you during your visit. Please know that we make it our goal to provide each of our guests with the services and amenities that allow them to have an Excellent experience. Thank you once again and please know we value your comments and loyalty.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I went out there on the recommendation of a friend and the suite I got was really big, modern clean and well kept. My only bugbear would be that it was abit noisy for a light sleeper like myself as the fridge freezer was very loud, it had fast flowing air into the room which you couldn't switch off, and although a way from the freeway seemed to catch it abit with abit of an amphitheatre effect.
Staff were generally friendly and helpful, although Tammy took forever to understand what I wanted and kept me waiting for fifteen minutes at one point when I wanted to see a room before I checked in.

Room Tip: All good as far as I could see.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write on Trip Advisor!!! We are extremely pleased that you found your stay to be a “Lovely Home from Home.” We appreciate your comments and will use them to improve and grow our hotel.

Thank you for your response and please know that we value your business and we look forward to delivering “Excellent” service to you in the very near future.
Muntinlupa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Was booked for the month and it started off shaky, got better but I'm ready to leave after this weekend. Went to the pool Saturday and was told by the people there to leave as they were having a private party. Sunday morning I wasn't feeling well and went to breakfast before 10 am and there was nothing really left and no one was keeping it up and clean. In the middle of making what I could they turned off the lights and closed the screen so all I could get was coffee and juice. I had to go to my room and make breakfast.

The cleaning staff have been cleaning well but not leaving clean towels and especially nothing for the kitchen, kitchen towels, dishwasher and dish soap and I have to keep going down to ask for these things. I cook most evenings and take care of my dishes because they don't know how to load the dishwasher. When I checked in first night I had to re-wash all of the glasses and coffee cups by hand because of drink rings and lip prints still on them. I had to buy rinse agent to get things clean in the dishwasher.

Tammy and Zach are the shining lights there and have assisted me a lot but weren't there through all of the weekend events.This weekend was the pits there. Guests had their kids party and their friends were just dropping off their kids and leaving them for the staff to babysit. Kids overrunning the lobby, computers, in and out of the pool where I was rudely told I was not welcome. They put extra staff at the desk but it's not their responsibility to watch kids and apparently no one extra was put on at breakfast to cover. I would have been treated better at a Motel6. I'll be speaking with my employer in the morning since they are paying for this but all the hotel wants to do is give away points - that does nothing for me.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if the place is full.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Kyle S, Assistant General Manager at Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your feedback. We will use it to continually improve in all areas. I’m very glad I got the opportunity to chat with you yesterday to resolve some of the issues that you faced. Please feel free to stop by the desk or call me at anytime if you have any other questions or concerns during the remainder of your stay. Thank you once again and please know we value your comments.
Lexington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

Home2 Suites Pittsburgh is terrific. It's a brand-spanking-new, still-smells-new property staffed with friendly, well-trained staff. The workers seem to take pride in their hotel, which helps explain how delightfully well-maintained both the public areas and the guest suites are. The design of the place is cutting-edge contemporary, with special touches everywhere: an outdoor fireplace near the entrance, a "shower curtain" closet door, lots of built-in cubbies in the suites for storage. Here's a great idea: the front desk has cooktops available for guests who want to get serious about in-room food preparation. The 95% of guests who are satisfied with the full-sized microwaves and couldn't be bothered with anything more elaborate are spared having space-stealing stoves in their suites. Less clutter, more usable counter space. The streamlined design language saves money, and these saving are passed along to you, the guest. Very reasonable rates. You cannot go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank you for your Excellent review on Trip Advisor!!! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding your most recent stay here at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh/McCandless. We had a pleasure serving you during your stay and look forward to seeing you very soon. Thanks once again for your business and please know we value your comments and appreciate the feedback.

Been to Home2 Suites by Hilton Pittsburgh / McCandless, PA? Share your experiences!