“Went on a Groupon, will go back !” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
fufu58
“Went on a Groupon, will go back !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We visited the first time with a groupon after driving by for 20 years !!! The olive oil & bread is a great way to start and my pasta was tender and cooked to perfection, as was the sauce. Hubby had fish and it was cooked as ordered and very nice.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Thank you for dining here and for the kind words

Marshfield, Massachusetts
“Best meal I have ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I tried Cafe Eleganza after reading a review in the Boston Globe, I had never been there before so I asked the advice of my server as to what to try. She was very enthusiastic about recommending the scallop spinache, stating it was one of the best dishes on the menu. I took her advice and tried this dish, which was amazing, pan seared scallops in a sweet vermouth marsela butter sauce with prosciutto, diced tomatoes, garlic, baby spinach, served over linguine, topped off with goat cheese. If you go I highly recommend this dish!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for the compliments on our scallop spinache dish
Quincy, Massachusetts
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I LOVE this restaurant. I have been both dining in and getting takeout there for years and it is by far the best Italian food I've had anywhere south of Boston.

The service is always great and the food is delicious... from the bread with oil & cheese that often comes out hot from the oven, to the extensive offerings of appetizers and entrees, to the mouth-watering desserts.

My favorite is the baked arrabiatta, and my mother and sisters almost always order Pandora's puff. The pizza and chicken parm are also big favorites in my family...

Anytime there is a wait or things take a while, it's usually due to a full dining room and a crowd waiting at the bar and I've always gotten an apology from our server when this is the case. On the rare occasion something ordered was incorrect it is always fixed immediately, with a smile instead of the attitude often found at many other places..

As a foodie with very high standards in regards to service, I can honestly say this is a restaurant that hits it out of the park every time... in fact, the only negative thing i could say about any aspect of the establishment is that they allow VH-1 to shoot there (the owner's daughter is a cast member on the reality show) and have associated themselves with something that may be the worst representation of the people of Boston I've ever seen...

for the record - she is probably the least obnoxious female on the show; and the only one who seems to have any intelligence or class, but it's unfortunate that the same episode that had a clip filmed at Cafe Eleganza ended with her drunkenly punching one of the other girls in the face while out celebrating the "graduation" of a friend from a bartending class

overall though - this is my favorite italian restaurant on the south shore, and one of the best i've been to, ever. keep the ovens going because i will definitely be back!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for all the effort you put into writing this. I truly appreciate it as the vast majority of happy customers don't take the time to write so it is a pleasure when they do. Your feedback obviously took a while to do and for that, I thank you very much
As for my daughter's show- Sometime when you are in, ask for me, and i will explain it.
T.J. Pugliese
Boston, Massachusetts
“Always a Nice Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

I am always so happy with everything I order at Café Eleganza, I love the baked Haddock and my husband always orders the Veal Roberto.The staff and owner are always happy to see you and aim to please. It is our go to place when we want something cooked perfectly and priced reasonably.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind words and appreciation. I really appreciate you taking the time to write this review
T.J. Pugliese
Boston, Massachusetts
“Variable...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went here recently with friends for dinner. The limp-crusted bread for the table, and the soggy bruschetta were immediate turn-offs. The caeser salad was way too salty.

However, the entrees were quite good (the "Baked Arriabiata" was labelled as "spicy" and - wonder-of-wonders-in-MA - it actually WAS. A perfect sized serving of really tasty meatballs, sausage and penne. The wine was very nice indeed! And the live entertainment was good (if you came of age in the 1960's)...I ams ure they have different acts each weekend, so check ahead for age appropriateness.

Bottom Line: The entrees are up to snuff, but not necessarily the appetizers. Give it a try if you are in the area - for the price charged, it is a true value!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
TJ P, Owner at Pasta and Cafe Eleganza, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. I would be interested in the type of music you would like to see and your approx age .
As for the bread-it is homemade and cooked all day long for 25 years. It is done in roasting ovens and is not a crispy type bread. That being said, if someone wants a crispier crust, we can do that in a few minutes in the pizza oven. Our bread is a denser style and will absorb liquids as in a bruschetta except the edges should be crisp. As a side note, our bread makes awesome French toast due ti it's denseness. My e-mail is tjp@pastaeleganza.com and welcome any feedback