“Girls Night Out2” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Girls Night Out2”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Had a great girls night out. Food was good and loved atmosphere. We were lucky to get the table by the fireplace. Was so relaxing. The wait staff were very attentive as well. Bar is very big wth lots of specal yummy drinks. Great place to go!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

South Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Nice decor but the food was terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Very nice to look at but the food was not edible. I read the info on the web stie and saw Lydia Shires name, thought must be good. I could not eat my food, it was so salty i could not eat it. What is with the fried pickles for $6.00, they were horrible.

We would not go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Duxbury, Massachusetts
“Big Hype Huge Disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Living locally, we were so excited by the news of this restaurant. The big name owners and chefs, how could it disappoint. Well, we have been three times and we now call this restaurant a "strike out". Not that I'm completely against so called modern cuisine, but other than the burgers the menu is the absolute worst. If you are going to make a pizza with egg, maybe the oven should be hot enough to cook it. The TINY limited menu on weekends serves omelettes, pizza & burgers till 4:00 p.m. A terrible decision for the patrons. We were starving & begged for a few chicken wings at 3:30 p.m. ...and were told there is NO ordering from the 4:00 p.m. night menu (also, limited, with no specials). Their "foo foo" menu might do well at the "W" in Boston, but we won't be going back to this Pembroke establishment. Too, bad, we are very disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Pembroke, Massachusetts
“Realible greatness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have dined here a few more times since my first experience. They just keep getting better with experience! Recently, they added more items to their menu and a very good menu really became great. I loved the new oyster po boy they added! Service seemed to be the biggest challenge for them after they first opened, but it has become consistent and very professional. I have had great service on every recent visit. This continues to be a have for high quality and solid value when dining in Pembroke. It dances that line between a casual pub and upscale dining so beautifully. The best treat was the two nights when I was greeted at the door by two owners! Ken Casey on one occasion and Shawn Thornton on another. Owners who truly care and a delicious, realiable haven in Pembroke... the best thing to happen to foodies in this area in a long time.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
South of Boston
“Service needs improvement, but food is good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

This is a clean, open restaurant with a big bar in the middle. We stopped for a leisurely lunch on a Sunday afternoon, and found the place about 1/3 occupied. The atmosphere is chic, and the draft beer selection is pretty good. Maybe it was a bad day, but service was not good. It took 15 minutes to have a drink order taken, and about 45 more minutes to get our burgers. Keep in mind that this was a relatively slow afternoon.

The food, once served, was excellent. The restaurant is billed as a gastro pub, and the burgers were innovative and well prepared. Try one with a Lagunitas IPA, a great draft beer. My issues aren't with the food, but I believe that management needs to tighten things up a bit. Because the food was so good, I will probably try again. I will write it off if the service is the same.