“Standard Hampton, a few issues” 4 of 5 stars

Earn 2X Points
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Standard Hampton, a few issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

Pretty standard Hampton Inn, all clean, great beds and rooms. Service was very friendly.

A few issues though. Hotel is in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by roads. No chance of walking to anything but a Wendys. There is a shuttle with a 5 mile radius but this does not function at the weekends so we had to walk - probably would not have stayed here if we'd known that in advance. Taxis were cheap though.

The aircon is also really noisy so we turned it off for the night, but you can't open the windows so it got pretty hot. Breakfast was nothing special, but the staff were lovely.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Not entirely sure where the reviewers are reporting uncomfortable beds or not honoring rates but I have never had an issue with receiving the rate I booked upon arrival. I have even extended my stay and my rate remained the same. My corporate rate and government rate were available for those applicable stays. As for the beds, I have stayed in a half-dozen of their rooms over my frequent travels and can't complain. I have lower-back issues that get aggravated by long drives or sleeping on an old or unsupported mattress but have not experienced any issues with their bed. It feels just like home. I know the Hilton Garden Inn's have the adjustable beds from firm to soft but I've had back problems with those beds but not here.

Rooms are clean, updated, and housekeeping does a good job. The staff are what truly make this Hampton shine; both management and staff! The front desk are warm and friendly and I never saw anyone without a smile. They knew me by name within a day or two and were very professional and courteous. This is a hidden gem in an ideal location and a great deal. 15-20 minutes to downtown Boston and free parking.

The breakfast is great as well. From fruit, cereal, pastries to hot eggs, potatoes, waffles etc...even a couple blends of coffee make it great. I stay at some Hiltons during travel and their buffet seems identical to the Hampton's and is easily $12-$14

Didn't use the pool but hit the treadmill during my stays and it's a standard setup. There's a cool outdoor patio off the breakfast area with chairs and tables so when it's nice out you can have breakfast outside on the patio or use the wifi out there and work on your laptop.

Room Tip: Ask for even numbered rooms to you on the back-side of the hotel away from road noise. They have smo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Somerset,MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Im here now, I'm on the bed and I'm not looking forward to sleeping on this......help me....
The hotel seems fine and clean, the staff is friendly but the bed is a major part of a hotel, I mean major. I'll be sleeping on this puppy tonight and I just checked, there's no bar/lounge....again help me.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

We stayed here on May 18 for 1 night because we went to a wedding in Beverly, MA. Check-in was smooth and our 6th floor room was perfect. The bed was so comfortable - just like in all the other Hampton Inn's we've stayed at. We slept great and had an excellent breakfast that is included, then next morning. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

This hotel excels on so many levels. The building is in excellent shape. I stayed in room 302 and it was fantastic! Everything is extremely clean. You should have zero reservations about staying at this hotel.

I noticed it is about the same price as the Buckminister (though it is actually about 30 bucks cheaper I believe) which is right across from Fenway, but very musky, unclean, and bad ac rooms at the Buckminister. With the Hampton Inn at Peabody you are just 20 minutes drive into Boston, but you are also close to Salem, and a lot of fun and tasty places to eat are on route one. Your not as close to a place like Fenway but you sleep better, and feel clean. Remember it is actually very easy to drive to Fenway as it is just off Storrow Drive.

This makes the Hampton Inn a far superior stay in my opinion. I compare the two because they both are in a similar price range and I think many others will have to decide between which one. Clearly the Buckminister would be the wrong choice. With the Hampton Inn you are going to be getting free parking, a beautiful room like many 300 dollar a night places have, bed is comfortable, awesome service, great location, and a absolutely clean room!

I love to travel and in the past year this was my favorite Hotel I stayed in as well as the Econolodge in Carlsbad California which was the best value I have found in a long time. Great hotels are sometimes hard to find on a budget for those of us who love to travel, so I believe when you stay at a very good place you need to give it recognition. The Hampton Inn was so worthy of the time I took to write this review.

Thank you Hampton Inn. I will bring my entire family next time!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Detroit, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I checked in on a Wed afternoon. I was in for business and I have never visited Mass before. Joshua checked me in in no time. I really wanted to visit some place near Boston before I had to depart the next morning. He got some advise from the manager Tracy. She came out and the 3 of us hammered down that I should visit the North End (based on the time and distance). I wanted to grab a few drinks while I was there, so they explained to me how to take advantage of their free shuttle to the train station 10 mins away. Even though the shuttle wouldn't be available later at night, they said I could call a cab while I was on the train heading back. They also suggested I hit up Mike's Pastry while I was there. At the end of the night, I couldn't be happier. Janielle (another manager on duty) drove me to the train station because their driver wasn't available. Everything went perfect to plan and a cab dropped me off back at the hotel around 10pm. I want to thank all 3 for their help. They made my extremely short stay in MA very enjoyable. The hotel was perfect for my needs and the room was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
We are thankful for your feedback about your stay at our hotel. Feedback such as yours helps us improve our product and service for all our current and future guests. Please know that we have commended our staff on behalf of your kind words.

As always, we take pride in providing Excellent Customer Service and our 100% Hampton Guarantee. We appreciate you for choosing to stay with us and we hope you give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations.
Yonkers, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed 2 nights and drove to different locations. My son loves waffles and having access to a waffle machine it's a big plus for him. Rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Boston/Peabody? Share your experiences!