“Joe's is all american” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Aiken, South Carolina
“Joe's is all american”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Joe's was a great escape from Black Friday. The premium beef was delicious. It really tasted better than your average burger.

Visited November 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Change for the Worse”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

II'll keep this as short as possible. New owner/corporation and not for the better. Why is it that sometimes companies just can't leave well enough alone? Since a change in corporate ownership this place has become a "Wendy's" on steroids. Avoid the food. Terrible. Again, sometimes change is NOT for the better.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
“Appetizers make a meal.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

My daughter and I went to have a light dinner, and found a combination of salads and appetizers was a delicious and (fairly) inexpensive option. Try the crab cakes...they'll satisfy the pickiest seafood eater.

Visited October 2013
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Waste of money”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

The service was good but that was it. The nachos were just ok pretty boring but our lunch yuckkkk. We ordered the ribeye it was horrible it was more like an order of fat with a sliver of meat. I have never seen so much fat on a piece of steak. Just like my title waste of money would never eat here again.

“Shotty service from beginning to end”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to Joes American Bar and grill faithfully for the past 10 years, and I have always had a wonderful experience. I recently went for a night out with my husband and from the moment we got there things went downhill. The hostess brought us to a table facing the kitchen, which I wasn't too please about to begin with. I looked down at my seat and discovered a large spot of BBQ sauce,instead of saying something like let me clean that for you or offer an apology, she watched me attempt to clean the spill. My husband asked if instead of me having to clean the table if we could be moved to another table. The waitress offered an equally dirty table right next to it.
Our waitress came over and asked for our drink orders, my husband asked for a bottle of Pelligrino and the waitress replied "what's that?" With a look of disgust and confusion on her face. I explained it is the same thing as sparkling water. Next my husband ordered a Caesar salad and a cup of onion soup, soup as an appetizer.
The waitress put our orders in and returned shortly with a cup of clam chowder. When we told her that we had ordered the onion soup there was no apology. She returned with the French onion soup and again no apology for the mix up.
The rest of our meals were cooked ok. We were enjoying our meals and she came back and plopped the bill on our table without asking if we wanted anything else. We actually did want dessert but she didn't ask if we wanted any.
I am very disappointed about my last few experiences at Joes, I have even referred to it as my favorite restaurant. Unfortunately, the service stinks and the menu leaves much to be desired. Sorry Joes I will be calling somewhere else my new favorite!

• Visited October 2013