This is a decrepit Marriott that seems to have had its last major remodel in the late 80s. The interior is dark and claustrophobic with low ceilings and a faint odor of chlorine and musty carpeting. It is a purely functional sleeping establishment that would fit the bill for a traveler on a budget and looking to stay close to where they are conducting local business.
They staff was friendly yet unpolished in a manner consistent with the surroundings. The first floor room I was given smelled of sweat or BO so I asked for another and was given a replacement on the 6th floor. This room had the same odor but more faintly so I assumed it was a thing with the hotel and kept it. Probably due to mold growing in the HVAC duct work?
The room had an updated bed with the expected top sheet and white down comforter bedding. The other amenities were as would be expected for an economy hotel. But for a $130/nt Marriott? How is this chain distinguishing itself from Holiday Inns or Comfort Inns at this point? Apparently they are not. Carpet was thin and lumpy and great motivation for avoiding bare feet.
Used the workout room on the second day and found several pieces of newer cardio equipment with integrated video systems. Also a full rack of free weights, but no bench. I guess you're expected to use those standing up or sitting on the floor. One of the large, overhead AC return vents was dripping a fairly large amount of water, serving as reinforcement for my AC mold theory.
I actually feel bad for the management of this hotel. The staff is clearly trying very hard to hold to the customer service standards set by their employer. Unfortunately they are not supported with reciprocal investment into the infrastructure and amenities of their establishment.
If this is the or one of the top ranked hotels in Peabody, then I have to assume there really aren't any good options in this town. Unless proximity to Peabody is your priority I recommend finding an alternative in Boston proper and driving the extra 30 minutes to your destination.
- Also Known As:
- Boston Marriott Peabody Hotel Peabody
- Boston Marriott Peabody Hotel
- Marriott Peabody
- Peabody Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on Boston's North Shore, the Boston Marriott Peabody is a short drive from Salem, Massachusetts, Gloucester and Rockport. Positioned within the Centennial Park business corridor, this Peabody, MA hotel is only 20 minutes from Logan International Airport and downtown Boston, MA. Whether you are traveling for business or leisure, our hotel's staff is dedicated to making your stay unforgettable. At our hotel near Salem, MA, guests will enjoy our spacious accommodations and deluxe room amenities, including FREE high-speed internet, 32" HDTV's and plush bedding. Enjoy a delicious meal at Sophia's, our on-site Peabody restaurant, or relax and stay fit at the indoor swimming pool and fitness center. With 10,735 sq ft of versatile event space, the Boston Marriott Peabody creates a distinguished setting for lucrative business engagements, cherished social gatherings, and elegant wedding receptions in Peabody, MA. We have everything you need for a productive and enjoyable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Boston Marriott Peabody reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.