“The worst service ever received!” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opened 2012
Danvers, Massachusetts
“The worst service ever received!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a very nice looking bar/restaurant, the food is good. I have been in about 5 times because of the great entertainment they have and the food is pretty good. The service at the bar is so awful! These bartenders need to be trained on customer service. They do not greet you when you sit at bar, they ignore you, they chit chat with each other or with the some of the other bar patrons, They do not say i'll be right with you, or sorry for the wait... NOTHING!!!! I will never go back becuz of the POOR bar service.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

69% Recommend
Cambridge, Massachusetts
“Unfriendly host”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Unfriendly host - acted like he did us a favor by seating our party. Food was ok for pub food. The up side is plenty of parking.

Visited December 2012
MA
“Very different”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

A nice change for the area. The food was very good and it's different from regular bar food. Pork dinner was good and the pasta dishes looked good. The blue steak tip salad was excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Massachusetts
“Pleasant Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Last night I went to the Stonewood Tavern with $60.00 gift certificate in hand. I wasn't sure what to expect but my hairdresser gave the Tavern glowing reviews. Initially I was told it would be a 45 minute wait (Saturday night) for my party of 3 but it turned out to be a 25-30 minute wait....excellent beginning. The food was delicious and reasonably priced. The three entrees were the Santa Fe burger, the lamb sirlion (nightly special) and the Mediterrean Chicken. My sirloin was delicious and perfectly cooked. The mashed sweet potato accompaniment was excellent. You could really taste the sweet potato. The burger and chicken received rave reviews. For dessert we shared the bread pudding which was good but nothing special.
They have a wide selections of beer and a number of specialty drinks. My son had the almond joy martini. I can attest first hand that it was delicious.
Service was attentive but not overbearing. I was given excellent advice as to how I would want my lamb sirloin cooked. I look forward to sitting outside on the patio during the warmer months.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We live very close to this restaurant and it has become a place we visit on nearly a weekly basis now. In a city full of chain restaurants, this is a surprising gem. The menu is large and varied. We've tried a variety of things and everything has been great. Personal favorites are the blackened chicken and the baby back ribs. The flavors are great and everything is cooked with a very light hand - no heavy oils or grease. One of my marks of a great restaurant is how the food tastes leftover for lunch the next day and this one is just as good, largely due to that light touch, I believe. We've only sat in the dining room area but it seems to do a lively business on the bar side. We've been for both lunch and dinner and the menus for each are a bit different. Overall, this is a wonderful restaurant.

• Visited March 2013