“I like Chinese food very much” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 147 Restaurants in Peabody
Cuisines: Chinese
peaoby
“I like Chinese food very much”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

Recently, I have moved from California to Lynnfield for work. Currently I am residing in a condo, and the landlord gave me a menu the first day I moved in. I was craving Chinese food so I called up I Yit Ho and ordered Chicken Teriyaki , Human Chicken and Roast pork fried rice. the food came quickly within 35 minutes. the delivery guy was very friendly and have patience waiting for me to get my wallet. the teriyaki was cooked to perfection and the hunan chicken was delicious, the rice was so good
After first time I got food from I Yit Ho, I kept going back, because the food is so enjoyable.

peabody
“Good food for good body”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2010

I am a big fan of Vegetarian Delight and Chicken Lo Mein. The Vegetarian Delight doesn’t have much oil in it like some places do, but this is still a very good taste. The Chicken Lo Mein always come out wonderfully, the Chicken was delicious. Typical the menu fare and you can do the usual ordering without MSG, whatever you want if how you like it, it’s only Chinese restaurant I can go in my area.

Shapleigh, Maine
“D10 best dish been getting it for years chicken always tender, good vegies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2009

I wish it was cleaner but the food is always good. They are very friendly and fast service and have call ahead.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Peabody Ma.
“I think Not! 2 Dir-T”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

Have tryed this on several occations the last being just before newyears
when i obsered the staff behaind counter prepareing the food for new years on floor in old cartons and big tubs ! no Plastic gloves or shoes here! they had bear feet and were sitting on floor puttin steak and chicken on screws " Nasty" This Place is always Filty

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
peabody ma
“I Yit Ho - terrible food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2009

you must have never had good chinese food in your life or you are just plain dumb to actually think this place is good. i moved to west peabody 3 years ago and went to this place just to try it out. the food was bland, tasted like crap and reminded me of a place that just throws their food together fast to rush you out the door.

for 2 and half years, i never went back because of that experience, then one day, decided to try it again. my second time there the food was alright at best. about 3 months after that, i went back again. this time i got spareribs, beef teriyaki and the house rice. when i opened the beef teriyaki, i had to take a good look to see what it actually was. it looked like a cross between chicken and beef. (typcial beef teriyaki should be a brown to dark color). putting the look of it aside, i tried it. it didnt taste anything like beef teriyaki. in fact, it didnt taste like any type of teriyaki at all. there was skin hanging off of it also (like skin does with sausage links). it was slightly fatty as well.

i then moved onto the spareribs (on the bone). they were burned in certain places... dark to black patches. i didnt even bother to try it. i lost my appetite at this point and didnt even bother with the house rice. i put all the food back into the bag, drove to the place and demanded my money back. the owner (im assuming) told me he had the place 16 years and asked me if i ever ate there before. i told him about the past 2 times and that i would never come back after this. i pulled out a stick of teriyaki and a sparerib from the bag and showed him in plain view. he tells me theres nothing wrong with them. so let me guess... himself, along with everyone else in west peabody actually thinks this is what good chinese food is supposed to look like (and taste like)?

ive heard many people say this place is the greatest and best around. obviously these people havent been to chinatown or to a place like the golden temple in brookline where the chinese food is actually "the greatest" or "the best around". ok, maybe those places arent "in the area" and a small chinese food "hole in the wall" in peabody cant compare to the big boys, but even asia taste around the corner is 50x better than this place.

i yit ho doesnt even qualify for "decent food". it should be branded as "the worst chinese food around anywhere".