“Screwed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Jubilee Dr., Peabody, MA 01960 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Berwick
“Screwed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

I reserved a nonsmoking room with two double beds. When I arrived at the hotel I was "upgraded" to a suite with a single bed and sofa bed. I was traveling with my 17 year old daughter a needed two beds. I asked the hotel clerk about getting a room with two beds and she said the only two bed rooms were smoking rooms. I mentioned that my reservation was for a nonsmoking room with two double beds. Her reply was "they book that way to get you on the property". The "upgrade" to give me a nonsmoking room that I had reserved costs me $40 more than my reservation and had me sleeping on a sofa bed. Very poor way to operate a business.

• Stayed June 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We are very sorry that we were not able to accommodate your room request. We will work with our front desk staff to ensure that your experience is not repeated. We are glad that you enjoyed the cleanliness and the convenient location of our hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will give our hotel a chance to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Des Moines, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last summer as part of our honeymoon. We were very pleased. The room was comfortable and clean. The laundry facility was great and the front desk staff was very nice. Their breakfast selection was very limited, so don't expect much.
All in all it was a nice stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am delighted to hear that the staff was polite and very helpful with your needs. It is great to know that we helped to make your honeymoon special.

Thank you again for your feedback about our hotel. We are looking forward to seeing you again on your anniversary!
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I usually travel about four times a year with my children and even them expect good customer service. Mouse dropping in the fridge, Missing buttons on the phone, Stove extremely dirty, I had to take my garbage to the front lobby, No room service, Breakfast options were limited ( No Milk ) , Bed mattress hard like the floor, Sofa bed for kids ( Mattress coils Felt) . I was told by front desk " Our guy is out on breavement !" The room smelled like ( Old Grandpa Cologne), Lots of guest appear to me homeless ( Shelter feel, Not a hotel for vacation )

Don't Recommend at all!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please know that we strive to provide our guests with a relaxing "home away from home" experience. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I am working with the staff to improve our offerings and service moving forward so that our future guests have a more enjoyable stay.

Thank you again for your feedback.
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I traveled to this location with a group of 12. Upon arrival we were informed the pool was closed for servicing (1st sign of trouble). Despite the lack of pool, we proceeded with the check in. I prepaid for 3 rooms with 2 full beds with a pull out couch. The nice young lady at the front desk stated they were sold out and did not have all the double bed rooms available despite having booked them months ago. I contacted the website I booked the rooms through to work it out. Spending the next 1.5 hours on the phone where there was back and forth with the Extended stay America hotel manager and website which ultimately led to the website re-booking us in the Hilton Homewood suites. What a haste this event was. But in addition to their being unable to honor my pre-paid reservation, I was forced to people watch while sitting in the lobby area. What I noticed were many truck drivers seem to be using this as an overnight truck stop (semi trucks were parked all around the side of the hotel). The hotel seems to cater to an unsavory crowd coming and going that made it feel unsafe. I would not let my kid go to the candy machine unattended. This Extended Stay America is very Ghetto!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! Its that simple!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear about the booking issues you experienced at our hotel. I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
Grafton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is truly worth spending $20 more per night to stay at any of the other major hotels in the area. The hotel is far from the main roads, Internet access was practically nonexistent and could only be used in the lobby; there are no staff manning the front desk, you have to call them from the front desk and they will eventually show up; the breakfast was pathetic and they didn't even have bowl or utensils available. The hotel also appears to operate as a full time assisted-living home for the elderly. Save yourself the aggravation and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at the extended stay from March to November. As per my contract the room was scheduled to be cleaned every Friday. However on many numerous occasions the room was not cleaned. I was always told that they are constantly having issues with keeping cleaners employed. My last week of the contract was the worse. I left on a thursday afternoon and didn't return till Sunday morning. When I entered the room I found the room dirty and the same way I left it thursday night. I went downstairs and was told that the housekeeping records show that the room was cleaned. They called a cleaner who informed me that she didn't know what happened but she will personally guarantee that the room will be cleaned by the time I return from work. I returned back to the room around 11pm on Sunday evening. To my disbelief I found the room still not cleaned. The receptionist told me that they weren't able to clean the room because they were busy with other rooms. She told me that hopefully tomorrow but she couldn't make any promises. That is when I asked her to please check me out of my room. I checked into local Marriot where I was treated with professionalism. I would ask everyone to stay away from the Extended Stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Havelock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you are staying in the North Shore area more than 2 nights, this is a great place to stay. It's quiet, pet friendly, not too hard or too far to get to Hwy. 128. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with nice kitchenettes. I liked the bed. The price is excellent for longer stays as well. Staff is friendly. There are even grills on site for outdoor cooking. Grill tools are provided by request.
Negatives: Bring your own toiletries, because you don't get much. The "Grab and Go" breakfast is literally that. Don't expect much. My complaint of breakfast is that there was no non-caffeine choice--no juice nor decaf coffee. With such a nice kitchenette, I suggest going to the grocery store. There are not a lot of tv choices other than standard network channels unless you like sports. We were not in our room much, so it didn't matter to us.
When you are driving to it, there is a cut through off Centennial to Jubilee that did not show up on our GPS. Follow the hotel signs with their logo on them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody? Share your experiences!