“Ghetto Hotel! AVOID! Didn't even have my booked rooms available leaving me stranded hours from home with 9 kids.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Jubilee Dr., Peabody, MA 01960 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I traveled to this location with a group of 12. Upon arrival we were informed the pool was closed for servicing (1st sign of trouble). Despite the lack of pool, we proceeded with the check in. I prepaid for 3 rooms with 2 full beds with a pull out couch. The nice young lady at the front desk stated they were sold out and did not have all the double bed rooms available despite having booked them months ago. I contacted the website I booked the rooms through to work it out. Spending the next 1.5 hours on the phone where there was back and forth with the Extended stay America hotel manager and website which ultimately led to the website re-booking us in the Hilton Homewood suites. What a haste this event was. But in addition to their being unable to honor my pre-paid reservation, I was forced to people watch while sitting in the lobby area. What I noticed were many truck drivers seem to be using this as an overnight truck stop (semi trucks were parked all around the side of the hotel). The hotel seems to cater to an unsavory crowd coming and going that made it feel unsafe. I would not let my kid go to the candy machine unattended. This Extended Stay America is very Ghetto!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else! Its that simple!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. It upsets me to hear about the booking issues you experienced at our hotel. I will meet with the staff to review our reservations policy so that this issue does not affect our future guests. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Grafton, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

It is truly worth spending $20 more per night to stay at any of the other major hotels in the area. The hotel is far from the main roads, Internet access was practically nonexistent and could only be used in the lobby; there are no staff manning the front desk, you have to call them from the front desk and they will eventually show up; the breakfast was pathetic and they didn't even have bowl or utensils available. The hotel also appears to operate as a full time assisted-living home for the elderly. Save yourself the aggravation and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed at the extended stay from March to November. As per my contract the room was scheduled to be cleaned every Friday. However on many numerous occasions the room was not cleaned. I was always told that they are constantly having issues with keeping cleaners employed. My last week of the contract was the worse. I left on a thursday afternoon and didn't return till Sunday morning. When I entered the room I found the room dirty and the same way I left it thursday night. I went downstairs and was told that the housekeeping records show that the room was cleaned. They called a cleaner who informed me that she didn't know what happened but she will personally guarantee that the room will be cleaned by the time I return from work. I returned back to the room around 11pm on Sunday evening. To my disbelief I found the room still not cleaned. The receptionist told me that they weren't able to clean the room because they were busy with other rooms. She told me that hopefully tomorrow but she couldn't make any promises. That is when I asked her to please check me out of my room. I checked into local Marriot where I was treated with professionalism. I would ask everyone to stay away from the Extended Stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Havelock
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

If you are staying in the North Shore area more than 2 nights, this is a great place to stay. It's quiet, pet friendly, not too hard or too far to get to Hwy. 128. Rooms are spacious and comfortable with nice kitchenettes. I liked the bed. The price is excellent for longer stays as well. Staff is friendly. There are even grills on site for outdoor cooking. Grill tools are provided by request.
Negatives: Bring your own toiletries, because you don't get much. The "Grab and Go" breakfast is literally that. Don't expect much. My complaint of breakfast is that there was no non-caffeine choice--no juice nor decaf coffee. With such a nice kitchenette, I suggest going to the grocery store. There are not a lot of tv choices other than standard network channels unless you like sports. We were not in our room much, so it didn't matter to us.
When you are driving to it, there is a cut through off Centennial to Jubilee that did not show up on our GPS. Follow the hotel signs with their logo on them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Tuckerton, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Firstly, I want to say the staff was friendly. However, my room was a mess. The dishes still had food particles on them from the last person to use the room. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. The shower did not have a curtain, which caused the water to go all over the floor, resulting in having to mop up after each shower. Each time I tried to turn the heat on there was a horrible smell and the filter looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in ages. Finally, the room in general had a foul smell.

State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had two rooms booked for two nights to attend a wedding in October. Our first clue that this wasn't going to go well was when I called the hotel to finalize directions, after a 9 hour drive. Whoever answered the phone curtly said, "It's at the end of the road".
Upon arrival and check in, we arrived in our room and used the bathroom. The toilet did not flush. The on-duty manager came up to look at it and confirmed it did not flush. She said she had no other rooms, and would call her manager for direction. After a few minutes she called and said that there were no other rooms, and that we could use the bathroom in the lobby. She said there would be a room available to us the next day, and that the management would credit us $50 for the inconvenience. When our son arrived to check into his room, he was able to fix our toilet.
I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. Also, our hosts dropped off hospitality bags for us in advance of our check in, and I was embarrassed to tell our hosts that we had not received our bags. I had to ask the front desk for them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Nancy - Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. I understand that you had a toilet issue and apologize that we could not fix the problem right away. As for the gift bags, I will talk to my staff to see what happened and will resolve the issue. Please know, we are taking your comments very seriously and will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better service in the future.

I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Again, thank you for contacting Extended Stay Hotels and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 978.531.6632.
New Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

the hotel check-in was one of the best i have ever had the guy joe made us feel very at home.
i stayed at holiday inn and suites that night and we check out at midnight due to rude staff and went to ext stay and they made us feel at home thank to joe my night was nit ruined hi=oliday inn did not have a working microwave for my kid and did not want to let me use there microwave to heat up my daughters food the girl was so rude i had to check out so we went to extended stay and i hope all night that i had went there first

Room Tip: The family double suite room is very big
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your response. As an Extended Stay America we take pride in our guests 100% satisfaction. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate stay with the other hotel and very happy that you gave us a chance to show our grateful service and amenities to satisfy your family needs.

I do hope that you will use us in the future as we are your extended family away from home. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you and have a great day.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody? Share your experiences!