“Dirty Room” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody

You added Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   200 Jubilee Dr., Peabody, MA 01960 (Formerly Homestead Studio Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Dirty Room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Firstly, I want to say the staff was friendly. However, my room was a mess. The dishes still had food particles on them from the last person to use the room. The floor looked like it hadn't been vacuumed. The shower did not have a curtain, which caused the water to go all over the floor, resulting in having to mop up after each shower. Each time I tried to turn the heat on there was a horrible smell and the filter looked as though it hadn't been cleaned in ages. Finally, the room in general had a foul smell.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
State College, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had two rooms booked for two nights to attend a wedding in October. Our first clue that this wasn't going to go well was when I called the hotel to finalize directions, after a 9 hour drive. Whoever answered the phone curtly said, "It's at the end of the road".
Upon arrival and check in, we arrived in our room and used the bathroom. The toilet did not flush. The on-duty manager came up to look at it and confirmed it did not flush. She said she had no other rooms, and would call her manager for direction. After a few minutes she called and said that there were no other rooms, and that we could use the bathroom in the lobby. She said there would be a room available to us the next day, and that the management would credit us $50 for the inconvenience. When our son arrived to check into his room, he was able to fix our toilet.
I would definitely NOT recommend this hotel. Also, our hosts dropped off hospitality bags for us in advance of our check in, and I was embarrassed to tell our hosts that we had not received our bags. I had to ask the front desk for them.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Nancy - Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to start by apologizing to you for not meeting your expectations. I understand that you had a toilet issue and apologize that we could not fix the problem right away. As for the gift bags, I will talk to my staff to see what happened and will resolve the issue. Please know, we are taking your comments very seriously and will be coaching the entire team on how to provide better service in the future.

I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. Again, thank you for contacting Extended Stay Hotels and if I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at 978.531.6632.
New Hampton, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

the hotel check-in was one of the best i have ever had the guy joe made us feel very at home.
i stayed at holiday inn and suites that night and we check out at midnight due to rude staff and went to ext stay and they made us feel at home thank to joe my night was nit ruined hi=oliday inn did not have a working microwave for my kid and did not want to let me use there microwave to heat up my daughters food the girl was so rude i had to check out so we went to extended stay and i hope all night that i had went there first

Room Tip: The family double suite room is very big
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Thank you for your response. As an Extended Stay America we take pride in our guests 100% satisfaction. I am sorry to hear about your unfortunate stay with the other hotel and very happy that you gave us a chance to show our grateful service and amenities to satisfy your family needs.

I do hope that you will use us in the future as we are your extended family away from home. If you have any more questions please feel free to contact me. Thank you and have a great day.
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The grounds are terrific overall with nice landscaping around the property. The hotel is down a long road away from major traffic. The only cars I saw were from the hotel and the usual UPS truck driving up. The major interstates/highways a few minutes drive away and then BAM - lots of cars. Nonetheless, staying this particular hotel you would never know of the traffic zooming by a mile away.

I arrived a night earlier than anticipated. The night manager found a room on very short notice. The front desk staff in the mornings, composed of Jean and Geraldine, were equally helpful and always able to answer questions. The manager, Michael, provided his email address for billing issues, if needed. The maintenance worker, Mark, also offered his assistance if anything went awry. Fortunately, nothing did go wrong.

Breakfast for me consisted of instant oatmeal and hot water for tea (I brought my own). Having a kitchen in the room was terrific as I made lunch and dinner daily. Also, there was plenty of parking around the whole building, which did fill up at night, of course, when everyone came back to the hotel. The staff were helpful also with questions about the area and printed out information as I did not have a printer.

Exercise room consisted of 3 items: one treadmill, one bike, and one other piece of equipment. It's a small room but was able to turn down the AC in the summer because the room got pretty stuffy with two people in there working out.

All in all, great!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from heavily trafficked areas or doors.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a wonderful review of our property. It is always a pleasure for me to read great comments about the staff. It is our goal to make your stay a "home away from home" and it seems like we hit a home run with you! I am glad you enjoyed breakfast and the ability to cook in your own room if desired due to the kitchen in each room.

Again, thank you for the review and we are looking forward to hosting you again.
Midland Park, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Very nice hotel, friendly staff, good room & amenities but was quite suprised to see what type of clientele they had. Hotel guests were very polite & friendly but a majority of theme were very obviously a guest of the state. We went to the Boston area for a wedding & when my cousin dropped off our welcome package at the hotel she mistakenly went to the Extended Stay in Danvers (about 3 miles away). The lady at the front desk in Danvers informed her that it was a homless shelter & directed her to the proper Extended Stay hotel in Peabody. They must be using Peabody Extended stay as an overflow of the guests in Danvers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a survey about our hotel.
I'm glad that you found all of our guests and staff to be so friendly and inviting; we strive to create a friendly, inviting atmosphere and it appears that we have done that. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and the amenities that our hotel had to offer.

We hope that the next time you are in the area you can again stay with us and enjoy our amenities and chat with our guests. Early fall is a great time for New England; the trees are all turning and the air has a little chill to it.
Ballarat, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

First impression of this hotel was good from the outside, however as soon as we went inside and smelt the cigarette stink in the hall way the impression was turned around.
The rooms are outdated, and felt unclean.
Would never pay the full price for this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the issues you encountered while staying at our hotel. We do have smoking rooms in our hotel but try our hardest to keep that smell out of the hallways. We failed at keeping the hallway smoke free and I apologize. This will be taken care of immediately for our current and future guests. Our mission is to provide a clean and comfortable room for all our guests and I apologize that we did not succeed in this mission. We would love to have you back to show you the changes we have made the next time you are in town!
Jay, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

excellent place to stay. the rooms are clean and it is easy to find just off rt 128&95. I work in the boston area alot and I stay here every time,,, the whole hotel staff makes me feel welcome every time I stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Steve - Thank you for the kind words in your review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoy our property so much, you return each time you visit the Boston area! The staff and I strive to provide clean rooms and comfortable surroundings for guests to enjoy; it is rewarding to know we were able to do this for you.

Thank you for your remarks. We look forward to providing you with another great stay in the future.

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Peabody? Share your experiences!