“Nice Hotel, good staff, nice room and breakfast” 4 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody

You added SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody to your Saves list
SpringHill Suites Boston Peabody
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   43 Newbury Street, US Highway 1 North, Peabody, MA 01960   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Peabody
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Elkridge,MD
“Nice Hotel, good staff, nice room and breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very clean, they had a nice breakfast (waffles, eggs,fruit, etc). we stayed here 2 nights and visited Salem and Boston from here. This hotel was a lot cheaper that staying directly in Boston. For Boston sightseeing, drive to the new 5000+ spaces T station parking garage in Revere Park (Wonderland) and pay $5 parking, and take the $4 round trip T into the city. Easy and safe way and though parking is about $17- 20 a day, traffic is brutal and this is a lot easier.

I recommend this hotel. There was some kind of 'tweens trip and a ton of kids were there, but other than them blowing up the waffle iron, it was fine and shows its a good hotel for kids.
FYI - ladies, the hair dryers are those itty bitty ones that hang on the wall, so if you have a lot of hair, bring your own. they dont blow a lot of air and shut off when they overheat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

After reading a lot of the reviews on this site, I was initially apprehensive about staying here, but we decided to go because we were on a time deadline.

The hotel was very clean and orderly, and even though I am very picky about germs, I found no problems with the room. It was quiet and spacious. The beds were lovely, there was good wi-fi, and the A/C was easy to figure out. The complimentary breakfast was both delicious and extremely varied, with more than just your standard donuts and coffee (fresh fruit, different cereals, juices, bacon, sausages, eggs, omelets, muffins, bagels, English muffins, coffee, hot chocolate, two different flavors of waffles, yogurt, etc.). The staff was friendly and accommodating. My family had no complaints about their exercise room or the indoor pool.

The only problems I had were with the location of the hotel; it is difficult to find using a GPS and it took a couple of times to find the entrance driving along Route 1 at first. The shower within the room was also a little difficult to figure out, and the cleaning staff kept giving us three washcloths, even though there were four of us in the room. The cleaning staff, while thorough, came at different times every day between 10 AM and 1 PM.

These were all minor problems, though, and I would still recommend this hotel to others, and would also stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Let me start out by saying that when I saw reviews from other travelers here on tripadvisor that said "no bedbugs", I was very worried about booking here. We usually stay at the Salem Waterfront Hotel and love that place, but this trip the kids had some friends along and the sofabed and large room was a draw. So, as soon as I got to the room I checked and the bedding, mattress, etc. looked immaculate. If you have any concerns I think you can let them go and book with confidence.

The hotel staff was very helpful from the moment we arrived. Breakfast was better than expected and the breakfast hostess (Simi, not sure of spelling) was fantastic, so warm and friendly. Typical breakfast bar that was well attended to despite having a huge tour of a kids' sports team arrive all at once. Oatmeal, yougurt, juices, cereals (yay, even healthy ones), fresh fruit, waffles, eggs, breakfast meats, muffins, coffee, etc. available each day. Good coffee! Our room was provided with all the extra towels, linens for the sofabed, and non-allergenic bedding I had requested. Nice to have a fridge and there is a little store in the lobby if you want a snack. Pool looked nice but we were too busy to use it! Bed was very comfortable and we had no problem with the a/c. Even though our room was between the elevator and ice machine I never heard a sound from either one (I was worried about that but the hotel was booked solid and that was the room we were assigned). We were on the 6th floor so we had a nice view of the surrounding area. Rooms were a little dated but clean and spacious.

I have been to the area several times so the Rte. 1 travelling did not bother me, although I agree there should be very specific instructions on how to get back to the hotel from local attractions either on the website or printed at the front desk. The directions to the hotel were fine. If anyone stays here and is visiting Salem, to get back to the hotel take 114 West to 128/95 South to exit 44. At the exit where the road forks, take the right fork going north and then get over to the left (Dearborne to Hotel Ave.) quickly and if you look really hard you will see a tiny sign leading into the back of the hotel. It is easy to miss! If you drive past it you should be able to get into the next driveway to one of the other hotels next to the Springhill Suites. The sign could use a light!

I would recommend this hotel to anyone needing a large space or a central location to all the great attractions in the area (Salem, Lowell, Boston, etc.) Very good value for the money, too!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Didn't get a good nights sleep due to a bed that sagged to the middle and a ventilation system that ran all night. The staff was not particularly helpful and the towels needed to be replaced. Only thing that brought the stay somewhat toward average was the variety of food available for breakfast.

Stayed July 2012
Burlington, Vermont
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

Positive comments first: spacious room, quiet, flat screen tv, decent wifi, high quality bath products, nice lobby with a little convenience store, clean.

Now the bad stuff: the location is tricky to get to. Route 1, as it's called locally, is well known for chain restaurants, car dealerships and weird traffic patterns. The room itself was kind of oddly laid out. The living area is HUGE, which is great but there was lots of empty space with a small couch and armchair in the corner. By contrast the bedroom area was on the small side. The t.v. was oddly placed right between the two sections of the room. It did swivel but was at an awkward viewing angle in either area. The heating/cooling system was difficult to figure out. The controls were on the wall in the living area, not on the actual unit by the bed. I only discovered this after being frustrated by the empty control panel on the air conditioner. The bed was too soft and gave me back pain. No one expects gourmet from a free continental breakfast but you do expect it do be decent. The waffles were rubbery, omelets filled with cheese whiz and the muffins stale. The juice was good, though.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mid Florida, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I was worried when I read about the bedbugs but I had seen great reviews and bedbugs show on many hotels. I decided to call them before booking to ask about it. I called late in the evening and the staff member immediately admitted that the hotel had had two episodes of bed bugs. He talked baout how they can show up because people bring them ii and he reivewed that then what they do to the room with bed bug experts called in. I was satisfied with his answer and appecitated his honesty. Also this was the last night shift and i got present to the fact that even on the night shift if any show up he knows exactly the procedure to contain them.

We booked and it is a very nice place. Our TV was stuck in the on position when we arrived and it wsa repaired with 10 minutes of my call by a pleasant person. The staff was very pleasant overall, the room was clean. The bed were very comfortable and I looked at and under the matress and it look brand new, no signs of any insects! I hate hotel pillows and usually bring my own but we flwe in so i couldn't and I found one pillow on the bed that was so comfy that I would buy it.

So clean room, awesome comfortable bed, great pillows, honest staff that addresses problems. My husband is a government employee and the had some rooms left with the government rate so it knocked $50 over the price. I will stay here again and highly recommend it.

I reserve a 5 star for the best of the best. Only complain was the hot tub was not very hot but like a nice warm bath

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Brookfield, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

The positive stuff first, very nice location, lots of parking, nice lobby, bed was comfortable and room was quite.

I checked in at 11 pm and my flight was at 7 am. The Internet speed in my room was so slow I gave up trying to check in for my flight. When I got up at 5 am I found the shower handle was broken, I could not take a shower. I could not get he water to turn on.

When I went downstairs I decided to use there computer in the lobby to check in. Again the connection speed was so slow I gave up.

When I complained about the shower and Internet I was told by the woman at the desk what do you want me to do about it.

I was so mad.

Room Tip: Find another hotel if you need the Internet for work!