“good food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
western ma
“good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

fun place, great atmoshpere, fun to take kids with the train traveling every hour outside of restraunt. the food was very good (had the seafood), prices are reasonable.

Visited May 2012

US East Coast
“A Landmark Restaurant you will like”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We went to the Sunday Brunch ($9.95) on a bright September morning. The Restaurant building is the very well restored Palmer Train Staion and it is also very clean. The interior main dining room is impressive. It is a place you will want to go to again just for the decor. Our food was good, but not spectacular. Service was very good. They could bring up the selection on the Sunday Brunch a notch or two and get more repeat business. The only eggs available were the standard scrambled which were good, but an additional choice or 2 in this area is needed.
The site is a real attraction for Train buffs, so if you like the railroads go here, watch the trains and have a meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Palmer, Massachusetts
“Back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

Went to the Steaming Tender last night and enjoyed a wonderful meal and I traveled back in time all the while I was there. The food was great and service was up to par. We ate on the patio and watched the trains go by. I felt as though I was waiting for my train to arrive. The food came quickly and it was awesome. I had the prime rib. I have been there a few times and I just get overwhelmed with the progress. The full service dinning outside is a great addition. Always an outstanding and memorable experience. I always say to myself, where can you go to enjoy a wonderful meal and at the same time be in the middle of History. You can't place a value on that.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
West Springfield, Massachusetts
“First Time Customer !!! Many More To Come !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went to steaming tender for the first time with my family and it was awesome and everyone else loved it .,,, I loved the nachos...we got it as an app.... And By the time we finished we have recieved our meal ... Our waitress was outstanding..... and so was my meal... I Got The Baked Lobster Mac (House favorite It says) I couldnt finish It ... I had to bring it home ...The Music Playing was Nice and The trains going by were deffently Cool.,, I would love to go again really Soon. ...

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Castle Rock, Colorado
“Watch your bill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

3 people for dinner, 2 checks, they added 20% to each bill for tip.. Then added that bill and left open line on credit card for an additional tip. Food was average.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
palmerdepot, Owner at Steaming Tender, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
I am sorry that you are upset. It is clearly marked on our menu that a 20 percent gratuity will be added on parties of 7 and more and split checks. No other charges were added to your credit card. I encourage you to contact your credit card company as we swiped the total amount including your tip. We did not seperate out the tip, therefore the credit card assumes a tip will be added, you will find this same scenario if you had left a cash tip. Again, if you should like to speak to me personally please free to call the restaurant, I would be happy to speak to you.