This was the third worst hotel we stayed in since 1972. The hotel was built in 1965 and shows its 60’s chic. It has not been updated since. The location is quite convenient. There was not one big problem but a large number of moderate to significant issues. In no particular order:
The rugs in the upper foyer were wore and partly replaced as were the rugs on the landing.
There was rust in both sinks. The threshold into the bathroom was cracked. The bathroom fan was excessively loud as were the mini fridge and air conditioner (which had a very dirty filter.)
There was cable but reception was very poor, even after I jiggled the connection behind the mirror.
There were metal covered fluorescent lights over the beds which were just about head level.
The room uses old style brass keys instead of the norm of key cards.
The whirlpool/hot tub had one jet and was room temperature. A promise to get it fixed the next day was not kept.
There was no staffing from midnight to six AM at the front desk.
The front door was frosted glass vanes with no way to either open them for air or cover them for adequate darkness overnight.
The back door screen to the balcony was torn, one of the balcony chairs was broken and the lights were black with dead bugs.
There was a missing shelf between the beds with screws homes in the paneling, two holes in the wall had been spackled but were unpainted.
The shower was touchy, suddenly shifting to cold then back to hot. There was mold in the grouting.
Standard amenities one would expect such as in room coffee, hair dryer, alarm clock, iron and ironing board were not available. There were three flimsy plastic clothes hangers.
The double beds were fair to very poor and one of the sheets no longer fit the mattress.
While we were checking out, we brought some of these concerns to the desk, and the overall response was, “Oh, yeah. The owner doesn’t put much back into the place” When I mentioned the bugs in the lights, the clerk said she’d noticed that, too.
Finally, to further show the level of missing upkeep, several parking places are being overgrown with the shrubbery.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family Friendly & Affordable. Heated Indoor Pool and Hot-Tub + Outdoor Pool. Next to Bike trail & WiFi Hot Spot & Close to Beaches. Standard rooms w/ 2 double beds + private bath etc. or Larger Efficiency rooms w/kitchenettes etc. Complimentary Continental Breakfast Daily in our Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Seashore Park Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seashore Park Hotel Orleans
- Park Inn Seashore
- Park Inn Orleans
- Seashore Park Inn Orleans, MA - Cape Cod