“Clean, quiet and comfortable...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ridgewood Motel and Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Orleans
Ridgewood Motel and Cottages
You added Ridgewood Motel and Cottages to your Saves list
Junction of Route 28 & Route 39, PO Box 82, Orleans, MA 02662   |
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
New Jersey, USA
“Clean, quiet and comfortable...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

The motel is set off Rte. 28 on a quiet corner near Orleans center and a block from a convenience store/gas station. It's very clean, pretty grounds,comfortable beds and a great bargain for the area. The room refrigerator is a big plus...the only negative for me was the small shower (although the water pressure was great and plenty of hot water) and the lack of shelf space in the bathroom. The owners were very gracious and did me a special favor that I was grateful for!

Room Tip: If you would like to have access to the internet while in your room, choose rooms 1 to 9. Wireless...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Rooms are small but adequate, clean and comfortable. Owner is super nice and accomadating. No reservations so had to switch rooms for second night of my stay and the staff moved my luggage to new room. Very affordable compared to other places in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
Valatie,NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed the week of 4th of July. Even in a drought, the landscaping was beautiful, and we noticed that every time we were outside of our room, somebody was cleaning something, trimming something, watering something, etc. Our room was average with two double beds, a desk, table and two chairs, and a small tv. There was a closet, but in the nook where there was a desk, or instead of the table, I would have appreciated a dresser as there were two adults and two children. Having said that, do you really want to be spending your time in your room anyway when you are on beautiful Cape Cod?

Because we were attending a weeklong family reunion, we did not take advantage of some of the things that we noticed which were of particular interest to us....for example, this place has many little sitting areas outside with a table and some benches, or adirondack chairs, in sun or shade, that were charming. I could easily spend a few hours relaxing with a book in any of them. There are also cottages which we will be checking out for next year.

In the morning at the front desk area there is coffee (nice and strong), and several types of coffeecake which we thought were homemade, but are apparently from a local bakery. Luckily, they don't roll it up at 10AM, like so many places do, and keep it available until at least noon.

Our only complaint was that the wireless did not extend to some of the rooms, or the pool area. While I am OK with unplugging for a while, I did have some work I had to do for a few hours when I was there and thought I would be able to do it when I was watching the kids swimming. However, this is almost not worth mentioning, because I understand from the owners that they are having an ongoing conversation with their ISP to rectify this situation.

Not only will we be staying there next summer, it is so affordable that I may grab a friend and just go there off season for an inexpensive getaway.

Room Tip: If you need WiFi, check with owners to see if Wifi problem in the farther rooms has been rectified...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Anderson, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Enjoy our annual stays here while visiting family in the area. Excellent location for the Orleans/Brewster area. Immaculatlely kept old style motel that is family owned. We feel very comfortable and welcome there.

Room Tip: Room 8 is great
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Lakewood, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The Ridgewood is a wonderful getaway if you have a family and want to feel safe and comfortable. Stan and Agie Knowles are wonderful hosts. In fact coming to the Ridgewood is a family tradition. My wife came here when she was a child and now we bring our three kids every July. Close to 30 years of tradition. You can't beat the price or the atmosphere. We feel confident knowing our kids can roam the cottage grounds and feel right at home. This is the perfect place for the price. We enjoy coming here every year and will continue to do so! I would highly recommend the Ridgewood for a fun relaxed family vacation. They will take good care of you!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Farmington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I just recently stayed at the Ridgewood for our second vacation at the Cape together!! He has stayed at the Ridgewood on many other occasions because he fly fishes on the Brewster Flats, however I enjoyed my stay so much last summer, I wanted to go back again this year! When you go on vacation in the summer, esp to the beach, you want to be out and about enjoying the beautiful summer weather not camped out in a motel or hotel room! Top on my list is an immaculately clean room and bathroom with great water pressure in the shower and a drain that does not clog, an air conditioner that cools the room nicely, a refrigerator plenty of towels, and someone who comes in to clean your room daily!! The Ridgewood has ALL of this and a CHARMINGLY QUAINT DECOR which goes with the ambiance of being at the Cape! I am Not looking for RITZ when I am in Orleans, I am looking for The Ridgewood! For any snop that can't appreciate the CHARM and CLEANLINESS of the Ridgewood, don't bother to go on vacation at all! C. V. and G. Burda

Room Tip: Loved the room with the deck off the back!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Ridgewood Motel is a throwback to the golden age of car travel, when the motel was king. The rooms in the motel itself are slightly dated, but immaculately kept up (I could have eaten off the floor in the bathroom ... not that I did, but it was spotless). The rooms are on the small side, but I didn't spend much time in mine, so it wasn't an issue. The continental breakfast is just that -- it's coffee and some small pastries. The owners are friendly, and will gladly help out if there's an issue. It is a family run business, so it may take a couple of tries to get them on the phone for a reservation. The hotel is pretty well located - just close enough to the main arteries to be convenient, but off the main road enough that you're not kept up all night by traffic. There's a gas station with a convenience store next door, and groceries and pharmacies are about two miles away in downtown Orleans if needed. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Ridgewood Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!