“Wonderful place to stay at the Cape with great staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Olde Tavern Motel & Inn
1.5 of 5 Motel   |   151 Route 6a, Orleans, MA 02653   |
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Orleans
Hartford, Connecticut
“Wonderful place to stay at the Cape with great staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We have been going to the Olde Tavern Inn since about 1999 when my girls were still small. Since then, we've made the Olde Tavern Inn our spot to stay while on the Cape. The rooms are kept very clean (one of my pet peeves), beds are comfy and it has a nice deck on the back leading to the pool. The staff is always willing to help out in any way possible to help in giving you the best experience on the cape. You feel like you are a part of their family while visiting. It's close to the beach (5-10 minutes away to the national seashore) and they have the Lobster Pound right next door! Very convenient. The pool is located in the back of the motel for a more private experience and is kept in pristine condition! You can't beat the price and the experience. Great for families and/or those that just want to get away and experience a great get away!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Stoneham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here for a few weeks while visiting the cape and it was a fantastic stay! It's a great spot with awesome rates and super friendly people. The rooms are clean and well taken care of. Brandon, the owner, is always available to help you with anything you need. He gave me a map and personally noted great places to eat, and the nearest grocery and convenience stores. The pool is great and the motel itself is set back nicely with plenty of room to move around in the parking lot. Helen the housekeeper is excellent too, very friendly and she even got me my personal favorite brand of soap. I would definitely recommend the Old Tavern Motel to anyone visiting the cape!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mansfield, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Great price, spotless/cozy/comfy room, perfect location, wonderful service. Brandon, the owner/ manager goes the extra mile to make sure you are accommodated. If I have to stay in the area again, without hesitation, I would go back to the Olde Tavern Motel

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

The staff had a wealth of local information and offered me several options to suit my family's needs. The rooms were nice, with kitchen curtains and a weathered wood deck looking onto a peaceful wooded backyard - perfect after a half-day of driving.

• Stayed October 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We came here during peak season when Obama was vacationing. This was the only place that had a room to commodate my husband, our infant son and my parents.

The reviews made this place sound great but when we got there it looked run down well more tired and the rooms were dark and unwelcoming. The bathroom had black mold in it which wasn't great as I like a clean bathroom. Overall it was kept clean and didn't have any other faults.
Beware the 'continental breakfast' it is just coffee you serve and prepackaged tiny muffins. No variety in the muffin either. There is no breakfast room its in the main lobby which you pick up.

This place is fine if all you are doing is sleeping for one night.

• Stayed September 2013
East Chatham, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I spent 3 nights at the Olde Tavern motel. When we checked in, we were greeted by the owners son. He checked us in, told us about the area, walked us to our room. Great service!!! Our room was very clean, beds were very comfortable. This is an older motel, very quaint! We will definitely return again!!

Room Tip: Get the room with the back deck!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

If you're staying in Orleans - this is a great place to stay. I was there with two companions and we enjoyed our stay very much. The heated outdoor pool was what completed our great impression of the place. Location: close to JO mama's (a great bagel place), close to Land Ho (family diner/bar) and The Olde Dog Pub (pub/diner). Two great beaches within a 10 minute ride. Rooms were well cleaned and well prepared, the A/C was loud, but not annoying (I for one enjoy when it buzzes me to sleep in an unfamiliar place). All in all, for the price, the accommodations and service this motel surpassed my expectations from previous reviews in tripadvisor. Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Olde Tavern Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!