“The Perfect Local Eatery” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Providence, Rhode Island
“The Perfect Local Eatery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I'm always looking for the perfect place to have a tasty and enjoyable dinner that is great food done without a lot of fuss - and Joe's is just that place.

I'm a local fan of the service and quality of the food served here. We went for dinner last night with another couple and each one of us had a delicious experience. My friend and I ordered the soft shelled crab and requested the chef pan saute it instead of frying. We were definitely on the early side of a busy Saturday night, but still the request was accommodated without a fuss.

One person had the halibut and proclaimed it perfection - as did the other person with us with the Baseball sirloin steak.

Service was impeccable. Our waitress was pleasant, professional and gave us just the right amount of attention.

This place is on our go-to list for an easy, delicious dinner out!

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Vermont
“Okaaaay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The raw seafood is great, the rest of the menu is your typical vacation spot fare. I've ordered a premium liquor there more than once and been pretty sure I wasn't served what I ordered. Service has been good when we've been there, although the front of house is a little overwhelmed.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cape Cod, MA
“Great Atmosphere----Great Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I am a local and visit Joe's with a group of friends quite often. We love the variety of the menu and always have a great time. The atmosphere is fun, relaxed, and romantic with lit candles in their fireplace and we have a blast when we sit at the upbeat bar. I would highly recommend this restaurant!!!

Visited February 2012
Belchertown
“Understaffed and TERRIBLE service.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We have always enjoyed Joe's but had heard their service and quality of food had gone downhill in the last year or so. We tried it again and had a rotten experience. After ordering, we waited 95 min. for our meal. In that time, the waitress brought us drinks that we had ordered and didn't come back to ask if we'd like another drink until the meal was brought out. Since we had a party of 6, the 18% tip was included in the bill but she did not let us know. When we complained, she said she would not charge for 2 Shirley Temples and a Coke to correct this. The waitresses were obviously stressed out and not happy while the owner sat at the bar all night.

• Visited February 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Chatham, Massachusetts
“Close To As Good As It Gets.........”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

I love Joe's, and have never been disappointed there...from the atmosphere, to the decor, to the food, in my opinion... they hit the right note.
When we go, we always ask to be seated next to the fireplace, which is a big, old field stone edifice filled with melting candles in various states of dissolution. I like the flickering light, and the rough flooring of the dining room. I feel like I'm dining in a road house of old with other travelers and guests. We usually see someone we know, since Joe's is a favorite with the locals.
They have a great wine list, and at certain times of the year, offer wonderful full bottle sales...in other words, if you buy the whole bottle, you get it at a good discount.
The menu is interesting and varied. One of my favorite appetizers is the Beggar's Purse...a lovely pasta (in the shape of a purse) filled with mushrooms and drenched in a savory mushroom broth...yum.
For an entree, I recommend the Sea of Love..a beautiful combination of shrimp and scallops awash in a tasty sauce and served over pasta.
The place is usually lively, and reservations are always best, as this is a popular spot.
After your delicious meal, take a short ride down the street to Nauset Beach to view the mighty Atlantic and do a little star gazing.
For me, this is close to as good as it gets.

• Visited August 2011